Assessments for research studies: Integrated reports?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

noworkftw

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are you going to be getting close supervision for each of the reports, revising it based on that supervision, and then providing feedback to the client? It seems to me that, in the scope of writing a report, if you are not doing each of those things then you are not doing what is conceptualized within the idea of that section on the APPIC, or getting out of the reports for your own development. It goes to the larger issue of number chasing that APPIC encourages and why we are seeing folks with 100+ integrated reports. Could it be good? sure, but it could just as easily end up not being good because the focus of attention you have and that your supervisor has is not on producing quality clinical care- it's about research. Your report is secondary and so, for that reason, I would not count it.

Technically, you're not supposed to count anything done for research towards APPIC. Of course, I know people who do all of the time. I don't think I'd count integrated reports, though.