At risk of having my Acceptance Rescinded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Doc.Holliday

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

C's and a nonstellar GPA in senior year is acceptable, especially with your circumstances. However, if you do receive an F in a pass/fail class medical schools will definately look at it hard. With the immense course load you were taking and your illness, I doubt it will undo your acceptances, but you should explain it ASAP if you do indeed get an F.

Explain it and be able to document that you were sick. With that information, I doubt any school would rescind your acceptance. Also, next semester -- take the lightest courseload you can get away with and still graduate. Really, med school is going to be tough -- don't burn yourself out in your last semester at college.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any way for you to talk to the registrar and have your grades wiped from your transcript? After all, it's not like you partied too hard or cheated and got an F... you had a legitimate medical reason. My friend did this and managed to have 2 failing grades removed from her transcript because she was not able to keep up with the work (when she was having a bone tumor removed).

Is there any way for you to talk to the registrar and have your grades wiped from your transcript? After all, it's not like you partied too hard or cheated and got an F... you had a legitimate medical reason. My friend did this and managed to have 2 failing grades removed from her transcript because she was not able to keep up with the work (when she was having a bone tumor removed).

Or go to your professor in the class you might make an F in and see if they can work something out for you because you were sick. They might be able to give you an I and let you do something later to bring your grade up to passing.

Explain it and be able to document that you were sick. With that information, I doubt any school would rescind your acceptance. Also, next semester -- take the lightest courseload you can get away with and still graduate. Really, med school is going to be tough -- don't burn yourself out in your last semester at college.

She is right....unfortunately its too late for me....I planned on graduating a quarter early, but apparently i planned wrong so now in order to still graduate early i will have to take 24 units next quarter! UUGGGHHH!:scared:

Explain it and be able to document that you were sick. With that information, I doubt any school would rescind your acceptance.

...and if they do, what kind of medical school is that?

Talk to your premed advisor...they often have personal contacts at schools, and can help smoothen the situation (or can tell you whether it's something to get worked up about). Also, see them sooner rather than later, so if it does become a problem down the road, your advisor can say that you had brought the problem to their attention at the time and can speak to the severity of the illness/impact on school.