Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would prefer not to say. But it is true. Contact them and ask them this directly. Unfortunately, this is what happened this year.

Members don't see this ad.

You know what guys? The way I look at is this. We haven't heard from them which means we're still in the running. We should be thrilled. Doesn't matter how many applications they got, who got what, when they got it .....doesn't matter. Keep a positive attitude and soon enough you will find yourself in Ireland. I know it's hard waiting!!! I have no fingernails left and my employer is about to remove my computer from my work (as I check my emails 100x/day). We just have to patient because, quite frankly, we have no choice.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
the 350 apps could include med applications too. I really dont see 350 pre dents applying there

Reactions: 1 user
It was only dentistry unfortunately.

Apparently,
there have been some exceptional applicants this year. It is definitely possible that some of these candidates would also be accepted at Canadian Dental schools. This could open up some more spots for those still waiting on a decision. Good luck.

if thats true then wow... goodluck to all of us lol

IDK where you are getting your numbers from shamrock, but they don't give any official figures on number of applicants for any year.

That's been a thing since 2012...
it was announced in dec 2012 I think,so put into place in 2013, so pretty much has been around for 2 years

Anyways good luck everyone! Not everyone can get in, but don't give up and try again if you don't get in if you can.

Choose to believe me or not. I know it is true.
I only put it out there because I think people should know the truth.
Believe me, I wish it wasn't the case. But like I said, some people could receive an offer if others turned them down. The people accepted this year in Ireland would be competitive in Canada.

I think the people accepted in Ireland this year would have been competitive in Canada last year. I think it has become much more competitive everywhere this year. It is really important to remember that Ireland looks at your entire application ( personal statement, recommendation letters, grades, resume). I've been accepted and my overall GPA isn't very high, however I have a strong upward trend. For those of you who are reapplying, I'd suggest getting some really good extracurricular/ reference letters as I think that is what really helped me get in.

I think the people accepted in Ireland this year would have been competitive in Canada last year. I think it has become much more competitive everywhere this year. It is really important to remember that Ireland looks at your entire application ( personal statement, recommendation letters, grades, resume). I've been accepted and my overall GPA isn't very high, however I have a strong upward trend. For those of you who are reapplying, I'd suggest getting some really good extracurricular/ reference letters as I think that is what really helped me get in.
Congratulations to you and thank you for the advice. :)

Has anyone contacted Atlantic Bridge as of late?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else accepted UCC? It seems like I am the only one on this forum, just looking for other Canadians who are headed there in September!

Has anyone else accepted UCC? It seems like I am the only one on this forum, just looking for other Canadians who are headed there in September!
try starting a facebook group.

We have one set up for TCD dents. I know some of us TCD peeps also got offers to UCC, but rejected it since they came too late. Not sure if they already gave these spots to someone else yet or not.

did anybody get accepted to QUB? feels like nobody even applied there but me.. lol

I personally did not, but other people who I talked to much earlier in the application cycle did
did anybody get accepted to QUB? feels like nobody even applied there but me.. lol

I personally did not, but other people who I talked to much earlier in the application cycle did
Sorry my post got cut short.. I don't know if anyone has heard back from them yet, but I had spoken to people several months ago who applied to QUB, but a lot of people who were initially active in this thread don't seem to be around much anymore.

would it be a good idea to contact atlantic bridge to inquire about the status of my application or should i just keep waiting?

would it be a good idea to contact atlantic bridge to inquire about the status of my application or should i just keep waiting?
I've been wrestling with the same thought for the past few days.

Last edited:
I have contacted them last week and they notified me that UCD and Trinity have not decided if they will release a second round of offers due to the high overload of applicants. First round has been made and may in fact be enough to fulfil the allotted slots.

That couldn't be possible when at least 4 people on here that got offers to UCC (not UCD) already put in deposits to TCD and so rejected the offers for UCC. There still isn't any word on whether all the spots for UCC graduate entry or TCD have been filled either...

I am just letting you know what I've been told. I still have not been admitted and am wishing for the best! Good luck.

Maybe we should start emailing TCD/UCC admission directly, since AB does not give us a clear answer.

Someone did that earlier and they got a nasty reply from ABP (presumably the University telling ABP to tell them to stop emailing said university).

Anyone nervous about applying for a student visa since it takes roughly 8 weeks to obtain one? If we were accepted last minute, I'm not quite sure how that would work?? Anyone know anybody that's been in that predicament?

[you don't need one if you are canadian.QUOTE="Temol, post: 16502021, member: 689578"]Anyone nervous about applying for a student visa since it takes roughly 8 weeks to obtain one? If we were accepted last minute, I'm not quite sure how that would work?? Anyone know anybody that's been in that predicament?[/QUOTE]

[you don't need one if you are canadian.QUOTE="Temol, post: 16502021, member: 689578"]Anyone nervous about applying for a student visa since it takes roughly 8 weeks to obtain one? If we were accepted last minute, I'm not quite sure how that would work?? Anyone know anybody that's been in that predicament?
[/QUOTE]
Thanks!

I'm just curious. Who is waiting for a reply from both schools??? (UCC and TCD).

Last edited:
[you don't need one if you are canadian.QUOTE="Temol, post: 16502021, member: 689578"]Anyone nervous about applying for a student visa since it takes roughly 8 weeks to obtain one? If we were accepted last minute, I'm not quite sure how that would work?? Anyone know anybody that's been in that predicament?
[/QUOTE]

Us north american students do not need a VISA to enter Ireland.
The only thing you would need to worry about is vaccination and criminal check, since offers can be released until August- that can all be done in one month.

Hi, guys.
I just found out about Atlantic Bridge today. Are there rough estimates for avg GPA and American DAT score for the program? My stats don't look too good for an acceptance here (NY resident, 3.28 SGPA; 22 AA) so I'm was wondering if I would have a chance with this program. It might very well be just as competitive... I don't really know cause I'm brand new to this. Thanks in advance!

Hi, guys.
I just found out about Atlantic Bridge today. Are there rough estimates for avg GPA and American DAT score for the program? My stats don't look too good for an acceptance here (NY resident, 3.28 SGPA; 22 AA) so I'm was wondering if I would have a chance with this program. It might very well be just as competitive... I don't really know cause I'm brand new to this. Thanks in advance!

They don't look at your DAT scores. Remember that they look at your entire application. The average GPA isn't released but my bet is that it is in the mid to high 80's. There was a lot of applications this year so I don't think it is easier to get into Ireland than American or Canadian schools now.

There is 6 people in the Trinity FB group so unless other students haven't joined our group I think there is 4 more spots :) !

Us north american students do not need a VISA to enter Ireland.
The only thing you would need to worry about is vaccination and criminal check, since offers can be released until August- that can all be done in one month.[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys!

They don't look at your DAT scores. Remember that they look at your entire application. The average GPA isn't released but my bet is that it is in the mid to high 80's. There was a lot of applications this year so I don't think it is easier to get into Ireland than American or Canadian schools now.
They don't look at DAT scores?!!! Wow, okay, I guess this isn't the right path for me, then LOL Thanks for your advice!

I highly doubt any other offers will be made. It seems they have met or are close to meeting their quota, otherwise 2nd round offers would've already been reported. All the while, I wish us all the best. Perhaps Australia is the way to go...

I
I highly doubt any other offers will be made. It seems they have met or are close to meeting their quota, otherwise 2nd round offers would've already been reported. All the while, I wish us all the best. Perhaps Australia is the way to go...
If that were the case we should have received rejections by now and it appears that no one in this forum has.

Also, if you take a look at previous years, students were getting offers in June and July! So don't lose faith, think positive. I also think that anyone could receive an offer right up until the day of first class because acceptances/declines are constantly changing.

Been a while guys! How're y'all doing? Any new acceptances? Just heard yesterday that my Application is still open of both schools. Unfortunately I was rejected from Queens- Ah well, win some lose some.

Oh I should clarify so everyone sees this:
I DID RECIEVE A REJECTION LETTER FROM QUEENS
so they do in fact exist!

It comes in a white atlantic bridge envelope. The letter essentially said the whole typical " there are many qualified applicants and we regret to inform you that you haven't been chosen blah blah blah."

Still open at TCD and Cork

Oh I should clarify so everyone sees this:
I DID RECIEVE A REJECTION LETTER FROM QUEENS
so they do in fact exist!

It comes in a white atlantic bridge envelope. The letter essentially said the whole typical " there are many qualified applicants and we regret to inform you that you haven't been chosen blah blah blah."

Still open at TCD and Cork
Im sorry Wyatt but you're still in the running!!!!!!!!! So don't give up! Never give up!!!!!

seems TCD and UCC have not rejected anyone yet. not sure how long they gonna keep us on their wait list.

hate to say it but I think its over for us at this point... maybe 1 or 2 spots from students declining

I completely agree. Maybe 1 or 2 at most very competitive candidates