Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Check out the faq document atlantic bridge sent you, has a lot of good information
"If you have not received an offer by the end of April, your application is considered to be “on reserve.” This means that the
admissions committees have decided that your application is not sufficiently competitive to warrant an offer being extended
to you but not sufficiently weak to reject at that stage in the admissions season. Therefore, they will hold it “on reserve” in
case an applicant withdraws and leaves a seat that can be offered to you later in the admissions season. "
Oh yes, I did check that; but thanks Samiam992. Just wondering since it takes a bit longer to get mail here in Inuvik and things have been known to be delayed for 2 weeks in some cases. It never hurts to inquire :)

Members don't see this ad.

Oh yes, I did check that; but thanks Samiam992. Just wondering since it takes a bit longer to get mail here in Inuvik and things have been known to be delayed for 2 weeks in some cases. It never hurts to inquire :)

Of course not, we are all here to help each other out. If I recall correctly, I think the document says they ship through FedEx first-class, which means letters should be delivered 24 hours from when they are sent. Fingers crossed!

P.S that's pretty cool that you live in Inuik, I have never meant anyone from the Northwest territories!

They have told me that I am on reserve ...therefore more waiting..

Members don't see this ad :)
Care to share your experiences / extracurricular activities 2015 Dent?

They have told me that I am on reserve ...therefore more waiting..

im confused
if you got a notification saying your on reserve, and no one else has....does that mean everyone else got rejected

and who told you your on reserve...ABP or UCC?

Noooo it's just because I have been asking about my status of rejection/offer/reserve that's why I know..

I have been asking ABP I will share my extracurriculars tonight! Sorry I need to run now!

I wonder how the seat numbers are split up.. There can't be too many seats for grad entry dent since you need to have room to fit those students in with another class. So I expect the majority of seats to be for UCC and TCD 5 years, but then the wildcard in that is QUB.. How many people even apply to QUB and enter those classes? I hate this secrecy they impose on us..

My extracurriculars:
Volunteering at hospital, shadowing dentist, but more shadowing in vet clinics, volunteer in dental clinic, university sports team, sorority, work in various restaurants/labs, a bit of research experience, volunteering at church, volunteering in South America, and I listed other things like first aid and language competencies I think.

I didn't apply to Queens. This system is sooooo mysterious!! How can we know if someone is #3 or #300 on the reserve list???

Well you have quite an extensive list of experiences so I think you still have a great chance! Don't sweat it, I am sure it will work out, you bring a lot to the table.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks so much! I really wish!!! This is the most stressful April fools day ever..

At least nobody has pulled any pranks yet.. phew

Reactions: 1 user
has anyone else inquired about the status of their application?

has anyone else inquired about the status of their application?
I emailed either Robert or Summer today, but I think it usually takes them 1-2 days to reply? By then the fedex package will probably arrive if it is supposed to.

woah okay i just called robert and he told me that no offers have been made through atlantic bridge, so i am not too sure where dent2015 got his info that offers were released.

I talked to Robert like 5 minutes ago and he said that offers may have been released from UCC for irish students, but none from atlantic bridge yet. So no one should be expecting a package just yet. The timeline is still a couple of weeks as far he knows.

2015dent perhaps when u inquired they thought you were talking about the med program, because UCC offers have been sent out for that

woah okay i just called robert and he told me that no offers have been made through atlantic bridge, so i am not too sure where dent2015 got his info that offers were released.

I talked to Robert like 5 minutes ago and he said that offers may have been released from UCC for irish students, but none from atlantic bridge yet. So no one should be expecting a package just yet. The timeline is still a couple of weeks as far he knows.
LOL! This is crazy. I am no longer going to ask for updates, just going to patiently wait for an offer in April, if no offer or rejection is received by the end of april, it means I am on the reserve list.

I'll be back to post when I get an offer or rejection.

Reactions: 1 users
But then the person (I don't know who, just says Admissions Office) actually said that I'm on the reserve list! And I didn't apply to Med!

I am quite sure that some of you may be receiving a package tomorrow or Friday though for the Grad program!!

Look on the bright side, when we all get in and are laughing this off in the Fall there will be a new group of applicants that get to read through this mess and start worrying over their own applications.

Reactions: 2 users
honestly I wasnt stressed at all about this until you guys starting stressing me out. I think we all need to chill. Plus when its a surprise its that much more exciting, and if its not good news it wont be as depressing. I think we should just let this forum go until someone gets real news. Im sorry about what they told you 2015dent, but im sure its either mistaken news or that ull hear better news in a few weeks time!!

You guys are so stressful, stop it! LOL
We've already established that the responses we get from ABP and from the schools are highly inconsistent so let's just agree not to post about what we were told in an email or phone conversation. Let's only post if we got accepted or rejected haha.
PS. Canucks playing the blackhawks tomorrow, should be legit.

Reactions: 4 users

I heard something that was similar but a little more cryptic. What you said makes sense given the answer they gave me.
For information, the answer they gave me was to not worry and that it was still very early in the process. It sounded as though Atlantic bridge had either just received, just expecting, or just started going through stuff but was expecting more.

You guys are so stressful, stop it! LOL
We've already established that the responses we get from ABP and from the schools are highly inconsistent so let's just agree not to post about what we were told in an email or phone conversation. Let's only post if we got accepted or rejected haha.
PS. Canucks playing the blackhawks tomorrow, should be legit.
Haha, sorry I didn't read your post until just now.
Sounds good. :)

No!!! The ABP office emailed me just now because I was asking about it yesterday by email...

Email:
UCC has released their Graduate Entry offers. Unfortunately you have not
received a 1st round offer. Decisions have not yet been taken on the 5 Year programs and we expect those
in mid April.

So, I'm NOT clear here; did Dent2015 really get a rejection email for dental schools? or if it was posted by a mistake?? So, was that rejection for only graduate 4 year entry to UCC or from other 5 year programs too (including TCD & UCC) ? Dent 2015 could you please clarify. Did anybody else get similar email as Dent2015?? I understand we are not suppose to post anymore besides offers/rejections, but this is really bugging me. Please clarify!

Thanks

There is no way the info she got was correct. I emailed them this week and last week and there has CERTAINLY not been any information released for either 4 or 5 year programs.. I have no idea what is taking them so long.. this is so weird.

This is weird. Just a little re-clarification:

I CERTAINLY got an email from [email protected] saying unfortunately I did not get a first round offer for the Grad program at UCC, and upon my further questioning they told me that I was not rejected but was on reserve. Also, the offers for the 5 year programs at UCC and TCD are expected for mid-April.

And I tried to question them more about my position on the reserve list but of course we cannot know!

They emailed me about my statud perhaps because they found out that I have been attempting to bug the Irish schools directly... Now I don't think I should bother ABP or Ireland for a while...well, until mid-April..

Maybe you guys would want to try to email them at this email address to verify? They said to direct whatever questions you have concerning the admissions here!

I wasn't using the caps to discredit what you heard in any form or fashion, I am just repeating more or less the email response I got back from them today. I honestly think they have no clue what the heck is going on with applications though.. But your theory on how they found out your status is interesting........

QUICK! EVERYONE EMAIL THE SCHOOLS! lol ;)

2015dent. Do you mind posting the picture of email you received from ABP? Just erase your name and application #, and that should be fine??

This should be the last post until someone actually gets an offer or rejection.
I called atlantic bridge yesterday and I can confirm the response from another poster, atlantic bridge told me no offers have been made for dentistry yet and they expect the offers to come out in the next couple weeks.

No worries. Here are the messages, starting with most recent:

2015-04-01 at 17:32

You have not been rejected. You are on reserve for the 5 Year.

You are still being considered for a 5 Year Position at both schools,

Best regards,

The Admissions Office

The Atlantic Bridge Program
3419 Via Lido, Suite 629
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Phone: (949) 723-6318
FAX: (949) 723-4436
www.atlanticbridge.com

2015-04-01 at 16:36

Dear XX,

UCC has released their Graduate Entry offers. Unfortunately you have
not received a 1st round offer.

Decisions have not yet been taken on the 5 Year programs and we
expect those in mid April.

Best regards,

The Admissions Office

The Atlantic Bridge Program
3419 Via Lido, Suite 629
Newport Beach, CA 92663

Phone: (949) 723-6318
FAX: (949) 723-4436
www.atlanticbridge.com

I think they might have made a typo for the most recent email? They might have meant to say I wasn't rejected from the 4 year program.

Hey Dent 2015; (and anyone else),
After my email a few days ago, and then reading some of the responses that you guys received last week as well this is my interpretation. I don't think they've gotten through all the applications and it's too early for them to say. Imagine you're organizing the sickest birthday party of all time for a set of triplets and you're waiting to receive their invite lists. You receive 300 pieces of paper that detail why some people have been invited and why some have not. Next you have to sift through each one to make sure everything is verified and in order. Then you realize you're still waiting on more mail from the first triplet's birthday invite list in order to make a complete assessment; they had a few people they wanted to consider more closely but will get you the list shortly. Now you're waiting for the other two in the triplet group. One of them is really busy for a week and the third is collaborating with the first in consideration of the first list.

Meanwhile in your party organizing chaos; people who were expecting to be invited are calling you asking if they are in fact invited, because they really wanna go, or they want to make other plans and don't get their hopes up for going. You check and you see that people are in the maybe category, or the yes category but have question marks beside them... You see that one person that asks is invited- your initial impulse is to tell them, but then you stop and think.... What if you read their name wrong, what if after the third twin collaborates with the first for some reason an invite is turned to a rejection (for a limitless number of different reasons). You can't tell them even if you want to, because until all of the paperwork (invites) are received, in order and sifted through carefully you could make an error... Rather than risking a major upset by informing someone that they're invited, having them overjoyed and excited.... and then later having to recant your previous delivery of the invitation that existed due to misinformation or human error... 'safe vs sorry'.

You decide after numerous emails and phone calls that you're going to negotiate patience and wait until all is for certain. After all, what is the risk to waiting for the invitations to be sent out in due course? Not much. It's really anxiety building and also like that christmas that you were waiting anxiously to see if you finally got a puppy, like you wanted, or if you were expecting way too much, and what if you were in fact actually getting a sweater with a puppy on it made of itchy itchy wool... You want to get excited but you also don't want to get your hopes up and have them snuffed by the itchy defeat of ugly christmas sweaters.

I don't know about you guys, but I feel you relate to me when I say that I really wanna go to that birthday party. I'd be pretty disappointed to hear otherwise....

On another note... I had a direct copy paste of the most recent email you got above in response to my inquiry last week. I then got an email later from Linda that my application was open at all schools and that I would be notified in due course. She wasn't willing to further elaborate on 'open' as again, I have the feeling that some of us may already be accepted but not even know we're accepted... they're just not at that stage of processing all the necessary documentation.

Just my two cents. I want all of you to go to the imaginary awesome party and get a metaphorical puppy on this hypothetical christmas (not a sweater).

Reactions: 3 users
Why is it so hard to wait, Im assuming constantly bugging the schools and ABP does you no favours. Nothings going to change when you find out whether you email them or not. Rather than creating more anxiety for everyone else, a quick search on past cycles indicate that most people dont find out until late april/early may and then alot more later on. Plus theres probobly more applicants this year so it'll probobly take longer. I wouldnt be surprised if we dont find anything out in April .Just chill out

Did everyone here apply to all three schools? or just UCC and TCD?
I figure we can still have a discussion as long as it doesn't involve release date speculation.

People on this forum should feel free to discuss any related items they want. Keep in mind that speculation really doesn't help. However sometimes people need to get out their angst.

I applied to all three 5 year programs. How about you guys?
Only applied to two.
UCC- I think I automatically qualify for the 4 and 5 year program because I have a BSC
and Trinity for the 5 year- I have heard great things about trinity and have a friend in dental program, really hoping I get an offer here

Woah, I didn't know this thread existed. I got an offer to UCC graduate entry last year but couldn't accept for financial reasons. I reapplied this year and haven't heard anything yet. My offer last year came in via FedEx in mid April, I didn't receive any other form of notification.

Yesss I feel that it helps to be able to keep chatting here! Haha

I only applied to UCC and TCD (because of the agreement with Canada). I am finishing my B.A., so I might or might not qualify for the 4 year program at UCC, but I am happy to do the 5 year program! :)

Woah, I didn't know this thread existed. I got an offer to UCC graduate entry last year but couldn't accept for financial reasons. I reapplied this year and haven't heard anything yet. My offer last year came in via FedEx in mid April, I didn't receive any other form of notification.

You have good gpa and dat scores. no love from US schools?

You have good gpa and dat scores. no love from US schools?
I'm on the alternate list at CWRU but other than that nothing. I have an interview at UWO (Canadian School, I'm Canadian) next week though.