Atlantic Bridge Dentistry Applicants 2015 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My god, what the hell happened here?! The last 3 pages accomplished absolutely nothing.
I thought we weren't going to do this....lmao
*slow clap*.
LOL!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
so 5 year offers from UCC have been sent out for the med program and they may have for dent as well, has anyone asked ABP to check their status? I called and i got linda again.. -_- and she told me to email her and she wont give my status over the phone lol..

Getting so anxious to get an offer now. I am so scared that I just keep waiting till end of summer and I don't get into any dental schools. I really have no backup plans if I don't get in this year :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting so anxious to get an offer now. I am so scared that I just keep waiting till end of summer and I don't get into any dental schools. I really have no backup plans if I don't get in this year :(
how many times have uapplied

Let's not cause a panic again by posting replies from atlantic bridge.
They have said offers are expected mid april, it is not even mid- april yet. Relax guys. Also emailing atlantic bridge is not going to make the process go any faster. Once someone receives a FedEx letter they will post it and we will know that offers have officially started to roll out.

Ab just confirmed first round of offers were made last week

UCC is done , TCD will be next week[/QUOTE

This is not true.
Just called.
UCC released first round offers for thr 4 year program early april and emailed those who got an offer due to the easter holiday, causing a delay in mail.

They said 5 year offers for BOTH UCC and TCD are expected very very soon.

Reactions: 1 users
oh i was talking 4 yr program, not 5

rn't u guys all waiting for 4 yr?

oh i was talking 4 yr program, not 5

rn't u guys all waiting for 4 yr?
nope we are all waiting for the 5 year now. If you have a bachelors you are considered for both the 4 and year program at ucc. ucc has very limited spots for the 4 year.

which one of the Irish schools you guys prefer to attend if you get offers from both? Is it much cheaper to live in Cork than dublin? How's the two cities are compared to each other?

Members don't see this ad :)
which one of the Irish schools you guys prefer to attend if you get offers from both? Is it much cheaper to live in Cork than dublin? How's the two cities are compared to each other?
"Dublin is the heart of Ireland" is what the person told me.

Last edited:
hey guys i came across something in another thread and thought it would be worth a read:

"Picture yourself as a clinic owner looking for a new associate. Why exactly would you hire an Ireland grad over a Canadian grad? Clinic owners are certainly not stupid and they are not ignorant to the fact that in 99% of the cases Canadians only shell out 300k and go to Ireland if they are not competitive enough to make it into a Canadian school. Similarly, they know that Canadian dental schools are filled with the top students from undergrad. In fact, it's not far of a stretch to say that they may even harbour implicit resentment against Ireland grads for "saturating the market". Even though both Ireland grads and CAN grads are politically equal and are both fully qualified dentists in Canada (not USA), from a personal point of view it would be extremely hard not to have any bias against Ireland grads. So, if you were a clinic owner looking for an associate and you received a bunch of applications from Schulich grads and UofT grads and a few from random Aussie schools, would you even begin to consider the Ireland grads? And no, associateships these days are not passed around like candy.

There is the real problem of over saturation in this career path. And in the event you find difficulties finding an associateship there is still going to be that $300k+ debt on your back continuing to collect interest."

And that post, if I recall, was from some random dude on a premed/dent forum who was bent out of shape about the new reciprocal agreements because he spent years trying to get into a Canadian school because of his over-inflated ego, while his classmates graduated elsewhere and were already working.
Credibility of sources is everything.
Back to the topic of this thread....did anyone actually get a letter of acceptance yet?

lol there is some merit to what he is saying, no matter how much of an 'over inflated ego' he has. If you owned your own practice, and was approached by people wanting an apprenticeship, who would you choose that would be best for your business? I wouldnt discredit anything from an irish grad, and i dont think you would too since you are applying there. But how about all the dentists here that are Canadian grads? Maybe their idea of it might be different, and your views dont really matter at that point since theyre the ones that are giving the apprenticeships that you want. I posted it because it is something to think about, there are dentists out there that have never heard of UCC or TCD (my dentist for example)

April 15!! it doesn't get any more mid-april than thaaat. good luck y'all!!

lol there is no merit to what he is saying.. 3 of my cousins graduated from Uoft, Manitoba and Boston. The cousin that went to Boston was told the same thing and people went as far to say, why did get go to the states, is he not smart etc etc. They all finished the same year, he is the only on that found work in Toronto, the others had to work 2/3 hrs away in rural areas. Owners don't give a ****where you graduated from so along as your skills are great and are good with patients. 5 year later, he is still the most successful, most likely because he actually did things with his life like go out instead of studying at home to build networks and relationship skills. If you want to make it you'll, make it no matter what. The most successful dentist I know is a graduate from an Arab country, hes a millionaire and he actually enjoys his life more than these kids that sat in their rooms cramming for a 4.0 their whole life. If your really that scared go out and shadow now so that you have possible oppurtunities down the road. BTW, this is not to say Canadians schools aren't great, they'd be my top choice too, but just giving a different perspective.

Reactions: 1 users
i did not mean to say anything ill-intended, just showing that anything could be possible. not every dentist is as open minded as that dentist, plus american schools are much better known than the irish schools as well. hey, for my case as well, i hope what he says has no merit, i posted it as a very possible issue that some of us may encounter. but hopefully wont

GUYS!!!
I just got an email from ABP saying I got an offer at trinity!!!!!!

Reactions: 11 users
Now its time for the rest of us to start worrying.. hooray. Congrats for your offer though!

Offers for both schools have been released

I am currently waitlisted at both schools :( well, i guess its better than a rejection... anybody else?

I am currently waitlisted at both schools :( well, i guess its better than a rejection... anybody else?
thats not bad news! congrats, how did u find out? email them?
im sure alot will decline so dont lose hope

Ok so I just called and apparently offers aren't full out yet for 5 year.

yes i emailed them, and whattttt?! i got this email:

Dear ,

Thank you for your email.

UCC and TCD have released their first round offers. However, they have not made a decision on your application.

Final decisions (offers and regrets) will be sent by all the universities to which you have applied. It will come via mail or Fed Ex (if it’s an offer) in a formal letter to the mailing address listed on your application form.

Your file remains active at UCC and TCD. They have yet to reach a final decision with regard to your application.

Rest assured, should your status change, we will be in contact with you.

Best regards,

The Admissions Office

First round offers are sent out today. I'm in the same boat. I emailed them and was informed my application is still open but did not receive an offer as of yet.

Let the madness BEGIN (resume?)!:wideyed:

But more seriously...

I wouldn't get too disheartened. I don't believe that even if someone is accepted that everyone will receive an email notification. You may be accepted but will have to wait for that fed ex package.

Congrats Dent2015!

Ok before everyone starts losing their mind like I am, the info coming from the ABP office is as per normal (totally contradictory). Apparently no offers have been made for 5 year, and they told others they have been made, and they told others they were only made from TCD, but not UCC etc... I think they have a massive mountain of paperwork and have yet to fully work through it all... So lets all hold our heads up high and give them a few days to see what is what :)

Ok before everyone starts losing their mind like I am, the info coming from the ABP office is as per normal (totally contradictory). Apparently no offers have been made for 5 year, and they told others they have been made, and they told others they were only made from TCD, but not UCC etc... I think they have a massive mountain of paperwork and have yet to fully work through it all... So lets all hold our heads up high and give them a few days to see what is what :)
My thoughts exactly!

Got accepted into Dublin just now (emial)

Reactions: 2 users
When is the deposit due for TCD and how much is that? When is also the full tution due to pay for the first year?

Congrats! My GPA: 3.75 and science GPA 3.3?
I hope everyone gets their acceptance soon!
Te deposit is extremely high...I don't know how I can pay it..

If any of you who get an offer and don't end up accepting or paying would you let us know so we can see what is going on with the waitlist for anyone on it.

Keep in mind living expenses like finding a place to rent at an affordable cost, groceries, etc.. Dublin is likely more expensive being the capital of the country and the number of affordable places is likely far and few between compared to Cork. There are quite a few places quite close to the Cork campus as I was told by a friend living there, but Dublin is a lot tougher to find a place and is quite a bit more expensive. The complex where a lot of Med and Dental students stay in Cork is something like 6000 euros a year and that is where my friend lives. So take that price and add a premium for living in the capital. Just food for thought with people getting offers and needing to think about where to live.

I also inquired; just an FYI for anyone wondering It appears it's a generic statement seeing as others have been receiving the same thing:

"UCC and TCD have released their first round offers. However, they have not made a decision on your application. QUB has not yet released any decisions.

Final decisions (offers and regrets) will be sent by all the universities to which you have applied. It will come via mail or Fed Ex (if it’s an offer) in a formal letter to the mailing address listed on your application form.

Your file remains active at UCC, TCD and QUB. They have yet to reach a final decision with regard to your application.

Rest assured, should your status change, we will be in contact with you."

3.8 gpa. Extracurriculars were mostly sports and hospital volunteering. I won a couple of academic awards as well.

did you also apply for UCC 4 year or 5 year program?

Last edited:
Hey,

Everyone I received an email that I got an offer from trinity.
Waiting to hear back from western university in ontario

good luck everyone !

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
In regards to the post about doing dentistry abroad. It is nothing like doing medicine abroad if the school has an agreement with Canada its the same as getting a degree in Canada. Getting a job as dentist is not tough, it is in high demand, also we will all eventually open up our own clinic.

Lastly, schools abroad are not always easier to get into than Canadian schools, griffith university in Australia for example requires a minimum university gpa of 87% to apply.

Everyone else who did not yet get an offer, don't give up, i'm sure second rounds will be made, also look into Australia they have some good programs.

Reactions: 3 users