Atlantic Bridge Program Dental Admissions 2016

Newfoundland Girl

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys! Just wanted to start a discussion so that we can determine when acceptances have started to be sent off! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Have you heard anything from any of the schools?

Just got an interview for Dalhousie University Canada today ! :) have you heard anything ?

Members don't see this ad :)
someone I know today got an acceptance for Ireland ! check your emails ! I havnt gotten an email yet but trying to stay positive

I only applied to Queens because I'm still in my undergrad! However I think that I'll be attending UCC for medicine! Dentistry was kind of like the could I get in thing, but I hope you make it in!!

Has anyone heard back from schools yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from schools yet?

I haven't heard anything. I was going to wait until until the first week of April to send and email asking where things are at because we are right in the middle of the time they suggest first round acceptances will be sent.

Okay I couldn't wait so I emailed Summer and got the following information this morning:

Your file remains open for consideration at UCC and TCD; the admissions
committees have yet to make a decision about your file.

UCC has issued first round decisions. Trinity is still reviewing files and
has yet to make any offers for 2016 entry.

Okay, so probably in mid-april we should expect to hear from TCD. That pretty good I guess.

I applied to both. Havent heard from any.

I applied to UCC and Trinity and still haven't heard back...if anyone has any updates, please post! Thanks and goodluck!!

Okay, so probably in mid-april we should expect to hear from TCD. That pretty good I guess.

When you say mid April is that just a guess, or were you told that by Atlantic bridge?

Okay I asked Summer again for more details on when the next round will be sent out and this is copy pasted from her reply:

The deadline for UCC dental candidates to accept their offers was last week.
The date for the next round of decisions has yet to be decided.

Trinity is still reviewing files and has yet to make any decisions. Their
first round of decisions may be issued later this month, however, a date has
yet to be determined.

Hey guys... most people accepted last year got acceptance emails on May 1.

Hi guys, I emailed Atlantic Bridge today and this is the response I got:

"UCC has released their first round of offers. TCD has not yet released any offers. Please note that there are typically two to three rounds of offers in each admissions season, and the last round can be released as late as August 2016."

Do you guys know how many spaces there are for each class?

Do you guys know how many spaces there are for each class?
It's usually around 10 spots per school. So there aren't a lot of spaces, but from what I understand because of the cost and the challenges potentially associated with relocating, lots of people are not able to accept their offers.

when they say "first round of offers" has been completed, does that mean the number of offers sent match the number of seats? and then second round of offers means some students declined their spot in first round?? hope what I'm asking makes sense...

That's what I understand it to mean. Typically rolling admissions are based on the number of people who decline.

when they say "first round of offers" has been completed, does that mean the number of offers sent match the number of seats? and then second round of offers means some students declined their spot in first round?? hope what I'm asking makes sense...
Last year first rounds went out to a select few people April 1 but most of us in graduate entry and the 5 year program at UCC were accepted may 1 so don't worry!

Last year first rounds went out to a select few people April 1 but most of us in graduate entry and the 5 year program at UCC were accepted may 1 so don't worry!

So you were admitted last year? What would you say the profile of the typical successful applicant would be? I know they say that GPA isn't the biggest factor in admission, but in your opinion to what extent is that true?

So you were admitted last year? What would you say the profile of the typical successful applicant would be? I know they say that GPA isn't the biggest factor in admission, but in your opinion to what extent is that true?
It's actually very true! Obviously your GPA has to be pretty good but I think they look for well rounded individuals who have lots of volunteer experience and have more to offer than just academics... I don't know how they are able to judge a candidates personality without an interview but I think they put a lot of emphasis on the personal essay and probably contact all of the references. All of the Canadians in our class are very well rounded, super out-going, friendly, able to balance a school/social life and come from a variety of different academic backgrounds. Some people have masters, some have more than 1 degree, some have taken a couple years off to work and some have just graduated from their undergrad. I know it's a long wait but it's almost over! You will receive an email from Atlantic Bridge on the day you get accepted and your acceptance package will come in the mail a week or so later. There were 16 of us who were accepted last year so I am assuming there will be similar numbers this year. Goodluck!

It's actually very true! Obviously your GPA has to be pretty good but I think they look for well rounded individuals who have lots of volunteer experience and have more to offer than just academics... I don't know how they are able to judge a candidates personality without an interview but I think they put a lot of emphasis on the personal essay and probably contact all of the references. All of the Canadians in our class are very well rounded, super out-going, friendly, able to balance a school/social life and come from a variety of different academic backgrounds. Some people have masters, some have more than 1 degree, some have taken a couple years off to work and some have just graduated from their undergrad. I know it's a long wait but it's almost over! You will receive an email from Atlantic Bridge on the day you get accepted and your acceptance package will come in the mail a week or so later. There were 16 of us who were accepted last year so I am assuming there will be similar numbers this year. Goodluck!

Thank for the info! It's nice to hear some insight from someone who has been through the process :)

Thanks so much for the info!! Are all 16 of you in the 5 year program? It says they only accept 3 students for the 4 year program - i was just wondering how that works and if you'll be able to provide any info on that. This wait is sooo long and I'm sure we are just waiting to hear back. I think the applicant pool is super high as well, so it's interesting to know the selection process. Thanks again!

Thanks so much for the info!! Are all 16 of you in the 5 year program? It says they only accept 3 students for the 4 year program - i was just wondering how that works and if you'll be able to provide any info on that. This wait is sooo long and I'm sure we are just waiting to hear back. I think the applicant pool is super high as well, so it's interesting to know the selection process. Thanks again!
No problem at all :) There are 6 of us in the 5 year and 10 in the 4 year... I think it changes every year because the year before us I think there were only 5 in the 4 year and 10 in the 5 year? I'm not sure how it will be this year. I'm in the 5 year and I love it! Less stressful than the 4 year since they basically put first and second year together as one year in the 4 year program so they have a ton of courses in their first year. Another good thing about the 5 year is you can get exempt from courses like general anatomy, physiology and biochem if you've taken those courses in undergrad. This really lightens the course load and you also get a fair bit of your tuition back!

does anyone have any idea what the acceptance GPA has been for the past years?

does anyone have any idea what the acceptance GPA has been for the past years?
If you scroll up, someone discusses the weighting of GPA in acceptances. You can also look at the forum from last year and quite a number of people who were accepted posted their stats.

If you scroll up, someone discusses the weighting of GPA in acceptances. You can also look at the forum from last year and quite a number of people who were accepted posted their stats.

Can you post the link from last years forum, I'd like to see their stats. Thank you!!! :)

So no news for anyone yet? Either offers of admission or rejection? I know that dentalhopeful93 was saying they still think it's early based on last years response dates. But I for one am getting a little antsy waiting.

Has anyone heard anything from Atlantic bridge about approximate dates when next round offers will be made/ if they have been made? I emailed Summer last week and am still waiting to hear back.

I haven't heard anything either. I too am getting antsy... but I guess there is not much we can do.

I still haven't heard anything back from Summer and in the past I have always heard from her in a day or so. So I'm comforting myself with the hope that maybe they have a giant list of acceptances and she is thinking I won't bother answering that question when they are all getting accepted this week. It's a long shot but it's getting me through Monday.

Hey guys, I was accepted into UCC's graduate entry on the 18th at like 4:30pm through email.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys, I was accepted into UCC's graduate entry on the 18th at like 4:30pm through email.

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. Are you comfortable sharing you stats ?

Reactions: 1 user

That's awesome, Congratulations!!!

Newest info I have from Atlantic bridge:

UCC issued their second round of offers for their 4-year Graduate Entry
Dental program yesterday. The first round for their 5-year are expected to
be sent quite soon.

Trinity has issued their first round of offers. It has yet to be determined
if or when a second roun

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. Are you comfortable sharing you stats ?

My stats aren't that great, I completed my undergrad back in 2009. I would say around 70s? But I think my PhD in dental materials probably helped a lot, and I would say my PhD and Master's grades were probably around an average of 85.

Hope that helps :)

My stats aren't that great, I completed my undergrad back in 2009. I would say around 70s? But I think my PhD in dental materials probably helped a lot, and I would say my PhD and Master's grades were probably around an average of 85.

Hope that helps :)

Thanks for the info. Congrats again!