ATSU-KCOM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Weird. My file was complete July 17th and they told me today that it is still waiting to be reviewed by the committee and it may even be a couple of weeks. Kind of surprised, as it seems most of you recieving decisions on your file recently must have been completed around the same time.

Members don't see this ad.

Weird. My file was complete July 17th and they told me today that it is still waiting to be reviewed by the committee and it may even be a couple of weeks. Kind of surprised, as it seems most of you recieving decisions on your file recently must have been completed around the same time.

yo droog same with me

Same story. Complete in early July and no word from KCOM but did hear from SOMA

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure what kept you guys back, maybe test scores and gpa? or other things?

BTW, moved my date to 10/15 since that's fall break and I completely forgot about it... whew.

Hey I see you have family ties with the school...could be the reason for interview.....but ur gpa is also superb:D

Yeah....I did not hear back anything either guys...so we are all in the same boat!

BTW, moved my date to 10/15 since that's fall break and I completely forgot about it... whew.

I dont think that's the case, with me anyway. My MCAT score is the same as yours but my GPA is definitely not where yours is though! But it's around the average. I have a lot of ECs and clinical experience too.

Who knows.

I just scored an interview! I am really excited.

True I have family ties, but it's my uncle-in-law to be lol. But me and my fiancé have been together for 4 and a half years and so he's pretty much an uncle. If you guys had mdapps maybe I could give some hints or help (hint hint) lol. Congrats to everyone whose gotten an interview invite!

I recieved my secondary yesterday and submitted it today! Gosh, now I'm nervous playing this waiting game because I reallyyy really want an interview invite here since it is my first choice! I feel so behind everyone already though, and it is just August! Well, anyways. . .good luck to everyone!! =)

its all cool, usually anything after september 1st is considered beyond "early"

Sorry for jumping into this conversation. I got an interview invitation on 08/18. Scheduled for interview on 09/01. I requested to stay with a student host.

So excited, by the way!! First interview for this application cycle!

dont know how you guys got september interview, only dates i could see open were october... oh well, no rush anyways.

Members don't see this ad :)
Received my interview invite. What a fast turnaround - I turned in my secondary on Monday.

Received my interview invite. What a fast turnaround - I turned in my secondary on Monday.
I agree, my app was complete Mon as well, and got the invite yesterday. Congrats everyone, I will be sseing you guys on the 9th of Oct.

BTW, Hello everyone, my name is DP.

I submitted my letters via VirualEvals and they have been available to KCOM for a couple of days now. . . anybody know how long it takes before they put them in your file??

so i'm confused as to why i have not received my complete email...i sent out my secondary and my letters of rec through interfolio the same day...they have had my scores since april...why have i not gotten the complete email yet?? i guess ill call them tomorrow...

so i'm confused as to why i have not received my complete email...i sent out my secondary and my letters of rec through interfolio the same day...they have had my scores since april...why have i not gotten the complete email yet?? i guess ill call them tomorrow...

I never received a "complete" email, though I did receive a "secondary application received" email containing a pin code for their site. If you're certain you submitted everything correctly and haven't heard anything, maybe calling wouldn't be such a bad idea.

hey guys! my aacomas was released 6/24 and i still haven't received anything from kcom or soma. i know i definately meet the minimum requirements. how long did it take for you to get a secondary invite/ confirmation they received the primary? thanks!

hey guys! my aacomas was released 6/24 and i still haven't received anything from kcom or soma. i know i definately meet the minimum requirements. how long did it take for you to get a secondary invite/ confirmation they received the primary? thanks!
Look at the interview invite thread and it has that info and call or email the school...they can always let you know if something is holding you up.

I received a "Complete" e-mail from CCOM but have not heard anything. I never received an e-mail from AZCOM stating my application status was complete, yet I received an interview invitation. Sometimes it's best to wait, other times you should call them. Who knows? It all depends on who's working on your file! Frustrating, isn't it?

If you havent filled out a secondary yet, you need to get on it ASAP.

https://www.atsu.edu/application/kcom/

This is a link for the secondary application. Click on it and then you can create an account and begin the secondary. I didn get an invite to do it, I just did it. Same for ATSU-SOMA

Roger that, I just did KCOM and not SOMA, but I didn't wait for a 2ndary invite i just did it.

How do they send invitations for interviews? Email or snail mail? My address changed.

mine was released 6/24 as well, I called on 7/24 because I had not yet received a secondary. Turned out they had an incorrect email address. They sent me the apps for both KCOM and SOMA that day when I gave them my correct email

did anyone use a fee waiver by any chance? I used one to submit my supplemental over a freaken month ago and apparently they still cant verifiy my fee waiver status.. should i just pay the damn thing myself, really annoying being set back like this. and to think that they're the first DO school ever made.. you would think they'd be ahead everyone else on the application process...

they are ahead if not on par with most fast-moving schools. Done in July and offer around the second week of august.

yeah if you have the money to pay. not everyone can afford to pay for multiple supplementals, hence reason for a fee waiver

I got an interview invite today. I haven't been confirmed, but I am hoping Oct 26 works out.

Am I going to be the only one bringing my dad along?

congrats on the interviews! :) when were you all complete? im waiting for them to download my LOR's...

congrats on the interviews! :) when were you all complete? im waiting for them to download my LOR's...

I've been waiting for over a week now for them to download my letters! I called and evidently they only download them on Wednesday or Thursday.

i just picked a day to interview, anybody know how long it takes to confirm that day with the school?

Interview invite as well.

Scheduled for October 22.

Last edited:
are you guys going to choose the stay with host option? is that free? i must've not read something, cuz i didnt see anything about it.

I chose the host option and would rather avoid the cost of a hotel at all costs. I dont know why there would be any cost attached to staying with a current student. I wish more schools had this option. Not only does it save you money but it also gives you time to see how the student lives and get to know at least one current student.

:rofl:

Not sure I want to go here anymore... Hopefully it looks a bit spiffier by the time I go there for my interview.

I was reading into those videos and they were all making fun of KCOM by KCOM students for various videos on a student skit night. It was intended to be humorous and not so much truthful

I was reading into those videos and they were all making fun of KCOM by KCOM students for various videos on a student skit night. It was intended to be humorous and not so much truthful

True, but all good satire is somewhat based in truth. I am pretty sure kirksville is pretty po-dunk

Has anyone interviewed here yet? Any idea what the interviews are like? I interview on Oct. 12th..anyone else?

Also, does anyone have any statistics on how many people they interview and how many of those people are actually accepted? Thanks!

I recieved an interview invite today. . . scheduled for Oct. 29!!! Yay, I'm so excited!! =)