ATSU/KCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
KCOM never sleeps :cool:

Well they can not sleep and send me an interview invite any time now :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Interview invite. Got the email at 12:17 AM my time, so 1:17 AM Kirksville time...a bit random.

Now I will be staying up till 2AM waiting for invitation from KCOM lol :D

Members don't see this ad :)
send me an interview invite any time now :laugh:

I'll see what I can do : ) (I wish). We could always use some more CA representation in the Ville (even though it was the 3rd most represented state in the 2014 class)!

You guys are going to love it. KCOM is awesome. Let me know what days you're interviewing, any questions, etc.

Hey Jaggerplate

When you filled out the secondary (assuming its the same), did you bother talking about "why osteopathic medicine" or "what u know about it" for the first question (what qualities can u bring to KCOM). Or did you talk about "what u know about Osteopathic medicine" in the second question (what experiences do u have and how has it influenced ur choice)

That might sound confusing haha so if it is, please let me know i can clarify

Any advice from others would be greatly appreciated:)

Hey Jaggerplate

When you filled out the secondary (assuming its the same), did you bother talking about "why osteopathic medicine" or "what u know about it" for the first question (what qualities can u bring to KCOM). Or did you talk about "what u know about Osteopathic medicine" in the second question (what experiences do u have and how has it influenced ur choice)

That might sound confusing haha so if it is, please let me know i can clarify

Any advice from others would be greatly appreciated:)

I don't particularly remember (nor am I sure the questions are the same), but I would probably talk about your experiences with Osteopathic medicine (in particular) in the second question.

alright thanks man. After reading your posts along with a few others who were accepted to KCOM, along with extensively researching KCOMs website etc..... I have to say KCOM is now my number 1 choice

Although i dont know ur reasons, anyone who has multiple acceptances and chooses KCOM, shows that KCOM must have something sweet about it that i am unaware about.... and thats on top of all the other impressive stuff

alright thanks man. After reading your posts along with a few others who were accepted to KCOM, along with extensively researching KCOMs website etc..... I have to say KCOM is now my number 1 choice

Although i dont know ur reasons, anyone who has multiple acceptances and chooses KCOM, shows that KCOM must have something sweet about it that i am unaware about.... and thats on top of all the other impressive stuff

I like it more and more each day too. It's seriously a fantastic program. I could rant forever, but I truly love it so far.

Me too, this place is amazing. It has been a week and a day since the whitecoat ceremony and I couldn't be happier with my choice to matriculate here.

I agree. Wouldn't change it for anything.

Jagger and salazar: no wrongdaddies last night??

Members don't see this ad :)
I spent the night partying with Histology instead ... :(

You too? I don't know what it is about Histo, but every time I think I got all the details nailed, I just forget something the next day. At least Anatomy is sticking pretty well so far.

so basically the attitude im getting from u med students is dig through my closet from freshman year to find my beer bong... just in case an anatomy or histology party happens, which im sure they are quite frequent:p

You too? I don't know what it is about Histo, but every time I think I got all the details nailed, I just forget something the next day. At least Anatomy is sticking pretty well so far.

I think I've got histo down okay. It's embryo that I think I have perfectly memorized then confuse the technical details the next day.

so basically the attitude im getting from u med students is dig through my closet from freshman year to find my beer bong... just in case an anatomy or histology party happens, which im sure they are quite frequent:p

Exactly. . .but remember to also bring that bong with you to the test too because the only way to remember knowledge that was gained during intense drinking is to get drunk again!

This post in no way promotes drinking while studying for the test, nor does it recommend drinking while taking a test. Repetition, group discussions, flash cards and sleep are the best ways to prepare for a test. Should you have an alcohol addiction problem, please contact your doctor or health care provider for help.

Exactly. . .but remember to also bring that bong with you to the test too because the only way to remember knowledge that was gained during intense drinking is to get drunk again!

This post in no way promotes drinking while studying for the test, nor does it recommend drinking while taking a test. Repetition, group discussions, flash cards and sleep are the best ways to prepare for a test. Should you have an alcohol addiction problem, please contact your doctor or health care provider for help.

haha oh man. I just burst out loud laughing in a coffee shop and now i look crazy cuz im by myself

Besides "all work and no play makes Johnny a dull boy" right? You can best believe I am gonna be hitting the campus bar hard after exams if i get into a school:p

just got an interview invite last night from ATSU-KCOM, scheduled 10/22 anyone else on the same boat?

just got an interview invite last night from ATSU-KCOM, scheduled 10/22 anyone else on the same boat?

Congrats! I got an interview invite last night..scheduled on 10/15..:p

mdang86, my file was complete on 07/28..

Ive been trying to submit my secondary all day and its not working. I get to the page where it says "agree to our blah blah" and I hit "submit for payment" and the damn page cant be reached

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Anybody bringing guests with them to their interview??

I have my mom marked as my guest in case she drives out with me (I've never driven so far so my parents would prefer if I fly). Don't know if she is actually coming, since it looks like I am taking the amtrak there.

Question -- Does anyone know what time the interview day ends? i'm hoping to catch the last flight out of Kirksville to SLU at 3:50pm. Is this possible? The stupid train only runs in the morning and I would like to fly home that evening anyways.

You can bring guests to your interview if you like. It actually might help to calm you down. That is one of the many things that I love about KCOM. . they are definitely receptive to family and significant others.

I'm ready for my interview invite... Got ones at CCOM, VCOM-SC and TUCOM-NV. Thought the birthplace of DOs would give me more love.

I submitted everything on Aug 19th but never received a complete email. Should I call them and ask?

I submitted everything on Aug 19th but never received a complete email. Should I call them and ask?

There isn't a complete email. You just have to check your status online with the PIN they give you.

Can anyone who has interviewed here before provide a brief outline of the schedule?

Just got kcom interview. Anyone else? If so, where are you staying(hotel)?

Just got a KCOM interview today!! I read AT Still's autobiography, so I'm really pumped to visit the school where it all started. I scheduled my interview for Friday, October 15. I've been complete since August 5.

Again, YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Last edited:
How long does it take to get the email with the pin. I submitted on the 24th and got the thank you email and it said I would get an email once it was processed with a pin to check. Its been over 2 weeks and no pin. .. Has it been taking other people a long time to get this?

Hi guys, if anyone else has an interview on Oct 1st and will be staying at the Days Inn, would you like to share a cab over to the school?

had a quick question about the secondary. With the recommendation letters can I just send the interfolio package or do i have to make my letter writers fill out the evaluation forms?

On their forms it says that you can send a package but it says that the first two sections must be filled by the evaluator. I am a little confused.

thanks in advance

had a quick question about the secondary. With the recommendation letters can I just send the interfolio package or do i have to make my letter writers fill out the evaluation forms?

On their forms it says that you can send a package but it says that the first two sections must be filled by the evaluator. I am a little confused.

thanks in advance

you can just send in the interfolio package, it should be fine (i did my LORs through interfolio and i got interview invite from them). your letter writers don't have to fill anything extra

what is the cheapest/easiest airport to fly into for an interview?

you can just send in the interfolio package, it should be fine (i did my LORs through interfolio and i got interview invite from them). your letter writers don't have to fill anything extra

So in the evaluation form section do i just fill out the info and then send the interfolio letters corresponding to the writers in lieu of the eval forms?

Thanks, this makes it better. I was worried that I would've had to go back and get a form filled out from my DO. He runs a busy practice so I felt rather fortunate when he uploaded the letter fairly quickly. I didn't want to go bother him again.

I personally find it easier to fly into KCI and rent a car for the ride to K-Ville. It's equal distances from KC and SL airports. SL does offer the jumper plane to the K-Ville 'airport,' but it's usually a bit tough to coordinate (only flies a few times a day).

Good luck. Feel free (this applies to anyone with any sort of KCOM question) to PM me with any questions, concerns, etc.

So in the evaluation form section do i just fill out the info and then send the interfolio letters corresponding to the writers in lieu of the eval forms?

Thanks, this makes it better. I was worried that I would've had to go back and get a form filled out from my DO. He runs a busy practice so I felt rather fortunate when he uploaded the letter fairly quickly. I didn't want to go bother him again.

You just need to fill out the evaluate form section yourself when you fill out the secondary application. I believe it only asks for contact info.

I personally find it easier to fly into KCI and rent a car for the ride to K-Ville. It's equal distances from KC and SL airports. SL does offer the jumper plane to the K-Ville 'airport,' but it's usually a bit tough to coordinate (only flies a few times a day).

Good luck. Feel free (this applies to anyone with any sort of KCOM question) to PM me with any questions, concerns, etc.
Thanks JP I'm probably going to be taking you up on this as my date gets closer.

On a side note, I live in the KC area and will be interviewing on Friday 10/29. I've got a minivan that holds seven, so if anyone else interviewing that day wants to save on the rental car I could shuttle from KC airport to K-ville Thursday evening. Feel free to PM.

Invite!!! Interviewing 10/28 :soexcited::zip::soexcited:

quick question, when you guys log in to check your status does it say , "application in process", and whats the code they require to type in the box above the status. Is that something they email after the interview invite?