ATSU/KCOM (Kirksville) Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They probably want to see who who will hold on to their acceptances before they decide whether or not to give you a seat.

They will accept more than 200. The rough estimate I see is about double the size of the class. Plenty of people that they accept will be accepted multiple places and will choose to go somewhere else.

Don't lose hope yet.

Double the size of the class is right on I believe. And as far as the previous post, they do in fact reject post-interview. So be happy knowing that you are still in the running. I know it is stressful, keep your head up.

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed here last week. I hope I receive an acceptance soon and would be quite disappointed if I didn't get the acceptance speaking that I had a great time there and the interviewers were responsive and were pushing me to choose them after they knew I was interviewing elsewhere. I told them not to worry and that they were my number 1 choice. I'm from a small town and this is the place for me. Anyone who gets into this school should be proud. Best of luck to all interviewees.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing Nov 11

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mailed my letter today to decline my acceptance. Best of luck to the rest of you still waiting to hear/interview!

Is KCOM know to make you wait until the late spring to get a post-secondary rejection? I've been complete for a while. Although they were on hold for a new MCAT score, which they have. I called two weeks ago and I was still under review.

Is KCOM know to make you wait until the late spring to get a post-secondary rejection? I've been complete for a while. Although they were on hold for a new MCAT score, which they have. I called two weeks ago and I was still under review.

You are in the most loaded period for adcoms in terms of the number of applications that they have to go through... give them some time.

Accepted! Interviewed 10/27.

Nice. I got accepted today as well. I interviewed 10/28.

I like this school like I said before. It may not get all the hype like a PCOM or a DMU, but they have won my heart as of now.

I'm batting for DMU next week but they better show me something good besides the bells and whistles of their "technology".

Got my interview moved up to this coming Friday, November 11th. Anyone going to be there with me?

Anybody have recommendations on hotels in Kirksville? Holiday Inn looks best... any experiences with lodging?

Anybody have recommendations on hotels in Kirksville? Holiday Inn looks best... any experiences with lodging?

I've stayed in the Holiday Inn Express 3 times so far and always had good experiences at it. It seems to be the best hotel here, though I haven't stayed anywhere else to compare.

Members don't see this ad :)
Going to be cancelling my Dec 2nd interview in the next day or so for anyone who wants it!

I'll be coming into town Thursday night November 10th for my interview on the 11th. I'm staying at the Holiday Inn... Anyone going to be in town?

Just got the acceptance call. Interviewed on 11/3 as well. That was quick!

Congrats to all who got accepted!

I am wondering how much class is filled by far. I am interviewing on Dec. 8th and I hope it is not late. I heard that ATSU-SOMA is already full in terms of enrollments. I hope this is not the same case for KCOM.

I just interivewed today. I have a great feeling about this school and the people. Its very warm minus the weather that is! But all in all I dearly hope to get accepted!

Just checked into the Holiday Inn... Interview tomorrow... Any advice? Recommendations? Interview tips?

How was it? Mine is Monday:scared:

It was good. The people are nice. It is a nice little community. Buildings seemed like they were kept up-to-date. Interviews went well except my third interviewer asked me 2 questions then talked about Kirksville and the college for the rest of the 45 minutes. I was really thrown off by that interviewer. But I thought it went really well otherwise.

It was good. The people are nice. It is a nice little community. Buildings seemed like they were kept up-to-date. Interviews went well except my third interviewer asked me 2 questions then talked about Kirksville and the college for the rest of the 45 minutes. I was really thrown off by that interviewer. But I thought it went really well otherwise.

Which admissions staff did you get? It was a cool experience though but man that town is tiny.

Hi everyone! I interviewed 11/3 and got the phone call on 11/12 in case people are wondering about timelines..I really liked this school and the small town feel :)

Hi everyone! I interviewed 11/3 and got the phone call on 11/12 in case people are wondering about timelines..I really liked this school and the small town feel :)

Cool I interviewed on 11/11 so I hope to hear from them soon! So they called? Did they email too?

Cool I interviewed on 11/11 so I hope to hear from them soon! So they called? Did they email too?

They will just call. They called me around 1pm CST. Then you get your acceptance packet like that weekend or the beginning of the next week, then you really start to realize that you got accepted, pretty good feeling.

I interviewed 11/7 and got the call 11/9 ..great school and they are very quick on a decision!! I'm so excited!

Is KCOM close to be full in terms of class size or enrollment by December? I am just curious. Because I heard that SOMA is already close to the full size of the class...

My med student cancelled on me :'( but that's ok because I'm staying an excruciating 3 nights which I'm sure no med student would be able to host me for anyway. This is because there were no more flights outta Kirksville Friday OR Saturday. It'll be worth it though, this school seems great. Anyway, my point is that I'm staying at the Super 8 this Thursday the 17th (and 18th and 19th). Anyone else gonna stay there?

I talked to admissions today and she said both classes are not yet full. Maybe SOMA is almost full though I would imagine since their class size is only 100?

Can accepted students post their MCAT/GPA stats please:)

I talked to admissions today and she said both classes are not yet full. Maybe SOMA is almost full though I would imagine since their class size is only 100?

Thanks for letting us know. I hope December interview here isn't too late.

During one interview, they said they are going to take 172 students for the KCOM class

I think to fill that 172, they probably accept more than 200 but I don't know how many have been accepted thus far?

Just set my interview date for 12/15!! Is anyone else interviewing then??

Also, can anyone comment on what to wear for the interview in cold weather (for girls)?? Coming from California, the only attire I have for such weather is ski clothes.. I know on the interview page, they suggest boots, but I wouldn't wear that for an interview..? I only have uggs. Do people wear boots outside and then change? Just wondering how appropriate it is to change shoes during the interview day. And in terms of skirts suits, is pantyhose/tights good enough for 30 degree weather, or should I stick with pants? HELP!!!!! Thanks in advance.

Just interviewed here yesterday. I was very impressed with the school and curriculum! Also, the faculty and students were all extremely nice. You got the feeling from the staff that their number one priority was to make sure the students succeed! Also learned you get a nice stethoscope, otoscope, ophthalmoscope, and not sure what else. One down side, IMO, was not having a cafeteria in the school, but there is one at the hospital. If you could just uproot the school to a different city, it would be perfect haha.

Howdy,

Just wondering what things are crucial to include under Clinical Health Experiences, how many words people are typicaly putting down, etc. Thanks.

-C:cool:

Wouldn't worry about boots if you are interviewing anytime soon. You will only be outside for a short part of the tour so if anything I would bring them along and put on after interviews etc. if the weather for some reason gets really bad.

Interviewing tomorrow (11/17) and staying at the Days Inn. Anyone else here want to get dinner together?

Accepted! Interviewed on 11/11 Just got the call today!

Accepted! Interviewed 11/11 also. Was nice to get this call immediately after interviewing at KCUMB today!

Congrats on the acceptances! I will be making a facebook group soon, but I guess now to make a group you have to have a friend to invite?? So if anyone wants to add me on fb just pm so we can get a group made.

Just got the accepted phone call today from admissions!
Interviewed 11/14, 28/3.5
Really quick turnaround!

Facebook group has been made for those who will be matriculating! PM me if you want added, I will make some people an admin if you would like to be one.