ATSU-SOMA: 4th Year Letdown

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaycutler

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
done

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is common for other DO schools?

lol I'm guessing your dean is Dr. Kalousek? I'm from Western and she........ is one interesting person

Members don't see this ad :)
What is common for other DO schools?

Honestly, no clue. I've only rotated with MD students this year. If others could lend a voice to this question, that would be helpful.

lol I'm guessing your dean is Dr. Kalousek? I'm from Western and she........ is one interesting person

Yes indeed - Dr. Kalousek is our Dean....I've had many Western students tell me that she is all about the $$$ and didn't have the most positive comments to say about her. No matter where you go, your reputation will follow you.

All I can say is that I have had 3 deans during my 4 years at ATSU-SOMA and Dean Thomas McWilliams was by far the most suitable for the job. He is now on to bigger and better things as the AOMA President, but his leadership was what our school needed. There is definitely a lack of stable leadership at my school.

The rumor is she was recently fired from SOMA. Don't know what the truth is, though, only that she's leaving.