ATSU/SOMA (Arizona) Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call 15 minutes ago!!!!!!! Untz untz untz untz! Dance ddance dance!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
can any current students chime in on whether to get a lenovo tablet/laptop vs. macbook?

i was waiting for the new macbooks with mountain lion on it, but no time to wait anymore. i was also sad to see that asus transformer wasn't on the list as well.
has anyone not gotten the required ones and opted out of the given options?

can any current students chime in on whether to get a lenovo tablet/laptop vs. macbook?

i was waiting for the new macbooks with mountain lion on it, but no time to wait anymore. i was also sad to see that asus transformer wasn't on the list as well.

Whatever your preference is. You can even buy that Asus if you want, there's no hard rule on what computer(s) you have to purchase. It's just that those are the recommendations. The school's IT department is certified to provide Lenovo and Apple service as well (If I'm not mistaken) though I just run to the nearby San Tan Mall Apple store for my Mac needs.

I'd say 60% or more of our class is on Mac, as well as a good portion of our faculty. The rest either bought the Lenovo's or whatever computer they already had.

If it can get online wirelessly, and run Microsoft Office, then you're set.

good morning all. I withdrew from my acceptance yesterday so there will be an opening for someone. Love the school and withdrew strictly for military professional reasons. I hope SOMA continues to do great things and moves medical education forward. Good luck to all of you.

I just missed the call accepting me off the high waitlist. When I called a few weeks ago to inquire what my status was (I hadn't got the waitlisted letter yet), I was #2 on the list.

Decision time!

Just get the Mac...they just updated the hardware and mountain lion is only going to be $10...

Just get the Mac...they just updated the hardware and mountain lion is only going to be $10...

The school released a notice stating that the exam software that they will be loading on to our computers will not be compatible with Mtn Lion by the time classes start! FYI

I'm looking for a place to live near ATSU. I'm an incoming DO student. Please e-mail me or contact me if you or someone you know is looking for a male roommate. Thanks!

email me at [email protected]