Attempting a retake for the same cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

maestrohuang

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a reasonable MCAT score, however, I have planned an MCAT for early September to ensure that I am competitive. I have been in contact with one admissions adviser and they have also suggested this, but not all of the other schools that I have applied to will know that I am planning a retake. How do I go about letting them know before they decide to prescreen/review my application and see the first score?

Members don't see this ad.

ahhh the wise sn2ed. I wish I had the time to follow your wonderful schedule, but 27. I am awful at verbal and I would just like to gain a couple points, even 1 more point to make sure I am competitive. I applied to osteopathic schools as well, but my score does not guarantee me a spot there either. Do I have to contact each school individually?

Because I have read that some schools may take the best of the two recent mcats and this will be my second, but it is a september exam, the latest that will be used for this cycle.