Attending Grand Rounds in NYC for ECs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Angie_MD

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey there,

I was wondering, I actually like going to these types of seminars because they are motivating and very educational.

Does anyone know of any "open to the Public" Grand rounds that some teaching hospitals may off pre-meds?

and If so, what are you take son listing these as ECs on the AMCAS application, I feel as though they fairly count as someone who is very motivated to become a physician.

Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely don't list that on your application. Most Grand Rounds that I've attended are open to anyone who is interested. You don't need to be a trainee or even involved in the field to attend based on my experience.

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely don't list that on your application. Most Grand Rounds that I've attended are open to anyone who is interested. You don't need to be a trainee or even involved in the field to attend based on my experience.

Oh Okay, Thanks, Yea I feel alil weird just going into one without like, an initial sign up for it or something but okay that gives me some relief.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh Okay, Thanks, Yea I feel alil weird just going into one without like, an initial sign up for it or something but okay that gives me some relief.

At my institution there are usually sign-ups for residents, faculty, etc. but unless the place you're looking at attending lectures at requires an RSVP (unlikely) I don't think it's necessary.

Reactions: 1 user
At my institution there are usually sign-ups for residents, faculty, etc. but unless the place you're looking at attending lectures at requires an RSVP (unlikely) I don't think it's necessary.

cool thanks alot!

You can always come to our plastic surgery grand rounds! It probably is not level appropriate for you though. Anything you list on your AMCAS is fair game to ask. Though med school interviews are relatively low intensity, the occasional douchebag may ask you about a grand rounds topic. GOOD LUCK!

Reactions: 1 user
You can always come to our plastic surgery grand rounds! It probably is not level appropriate for you though. Anything you list on your AMCAS is fair game to ask. Though med school interviews are relatively low intensity, the occasional douchebag may ask you about a grand rounds topic. GOOD LUCK!
oh wow, where are your grand rounds held, of course id attend, I am interested in general surgery so any type of surgical information would be absolutely beneficial for me whether I get asked about it or not, Id love the knowledge and I am eager to learn!