Attending interview with cavity

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

herkulis

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

What do you guys think how ADCOMs would feel about a candidate with a visible cavity on his/her front tooth? :) Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They will likely be impressed.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't think it's a flat out rejection given that even dentists are prone to cavities, but I'm sure it's looked down upon. Heck, I was even judging a few people at the interview that had gunk stuck between their teeth! Apparently they didn't have the decency to floss before going to the interview despite them trying to become dentists! Haha :doctor:

Reactions: 2 users
The **** that gets posted here man. I don't even know what to say any more.

Reactions: 8 users
Wait! Did you get an lor from the dentist you shadowed?

Reactions: 1 user
Well, if the main reason you want to go into dentistry is to treat that cavity, I guess I wouldn't say no. But I wouldn't say yes either because you are a candidate that does not know how to take care of himself/herself (there are resources to help treat a cavity, even if you cannot afford it, hustle your family to help out if you have to). So yea "indefinitely waitlisted" would be my decision if you were to apply at Grey's Dental school :p

The title of this thread gave me a much needed belly-laugh

but I honestly don't know the answer to your question