Attending lectures from vet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FeenyFee

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN peeps! :)

I have been attending various presentations by vets.. would this go anywhere on the VMCAS or is it something I should just mention in my personal statement?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Were these presentations at an actual conference? In which case I would list attending that conference on your CV. If it was just random lectures here and there, I doubt it counts for anything. Maybe mention it in your statement if you really want to.

Reactions: 1 user
Were these presentations at an actual conference? In which case I would list attending that conference on your CV. If it was just random lectures here and there, I doubt it counts for anything. Maybe mention it in your statement if you really want to.
No they weren't they were from a volunteer vet at a sanctuary I volunteer at. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
No they weren't they were from a volunteer vet at a sanctuary I volunteer at. Thank you!
Just put it in your job description as a bullet/sentence. E.g.

*provided basic husbandry for native wildlife
*assisted in medical treatments for injured animals (e.g. Oral and subcutaneous meds, physical rehab on raptors under anesthesia,...)
*participated in monthly lectures on topics presented by wildlife veterinarian.

Reactions: 2 users
Just put it in your job description as a bullet/sentence. E.g.

*provided basic husbandry for native wildlife
*assisted in medical treatments for injured animals (e.g. Oral and subcutaneous meds, physical rehab on raptors under anesthesia,...)
*participated in monthly lectures on topics presented by wildlife veterinarian.

Awesome idea. Thank you.

Btw Minnerbelle did you watch OUAT this past week? :)

Awesome idea. Thank you.

Btw Minnerbelle did you watch OUAT this past week? :)
Seeing as I have no idea what OUAT is, I don't think so.

If it's on cable, I'm probably too poor to watch it

The avatar is from Once Upon a Time (OUAT) which I'm guessing is still there from WW a few years back. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 user
Seeing as I have no idea what OUAT is, I don't think so.

If it's on cable, I'm probably too poor to watch it

Once Upon a Time! Your avatar is of Ruby and she made a comeback this Sunday so I thought you were a fan :D

The avatar is from Once Upon a Time (OUAT) which I'm guessing is still there from WW a few years back. :laugh:
This. Lol I didn't know this person had a name. I should go back to my native wildlife baby avatars from years ago.

I do watch the abc tgit thurs lineup (my day off), downton abbey, svu, dance moms, and John Oliver. But that is the extent of all things media related other than 1-2 movies per year.

This. Lol I didn't know this person had a name. I should go back to my native wildlife baby avatars from years ago.

I do watch the abc tgit thurs lineup (my day off), downton abbey, svu, dance moms, and John Oliver. But that is the extent of all things media related other than 1-2 movies per year.

dance moms is my guilty pleasure. oh so guilty. lol

i've tried getting into downton abbey because I just love the vibe and the music but it just doesn't grab me for some reason :(