ATTN: SITE ADMINS - Can We Have a Separate Forum for School/Admission Questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Johann00

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I want to preface this post by acknowledging the the value and importance of being able to ask questions about schools, personal credentials, and applications. Believe me, I was on this site 2 or 3 times a week when I was starting the application process. So, I understand why the front page of these forums are often dominated by those kinds of posts.

However, for those of us who are in our respective programs now, it would be nice to have a separate place to discuss classes, coursework, fieldwork assignments, etc. Would it be possible to create a separate forum page for those kinds of threads? I feel like there are lots of interesting threads that get lost in all of the questions about applications, school-specific credentials, and acceptances.

Just a suggestion...thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

In other forums we have done this due to the huge volumes of threads. This forum does not have that kind of volume at this time.

What we have done in some of the other lower volume areas is provide thread labels to help identify categories of thread topics. You can see examples here:

What are my chances: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=418

Public health degrees: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=94

This could be an interim fix with the hopes that the forum will grow and eventually have plenty of volume to split out a subforum or two. :)

I want to preface this post by acknowledging the the value and importance of being able to ask questions about schools, personal credentials, and applications. Believe me, I was on this site 2 or 3 times a week when I was starting the application process. So, I understand why the front page of these forums are often dominated by those kinds of posts.

However, for those of us who are in our respective programs now, it would be nice to have a separate place to discuss classes, coursework, fieldwork assignments, etc. Would it be possible to create a separate forum page for those kinds of threads? I feel like there are lots of interesting threads that get lost in all of the questions about applications, school-specific credentials, and acceptances.

I also think this would be a great idea! :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
people keep posting about admissions because right now is the time people are hearing back from schools. Otherwise this section is pretty quiet

I definitely agree! It would be a great idea to have a separate kind of forum for those kinds of threads:]

I definitely agree! It would be a great idea to have a separate kind of forum for those kinds of threads:]

As I already said, a separate forum would require a lot more posting volume. If you'd like we can do thread labels, as I posted above. Nobody has given any feedback on that option so far, though.

As I already said, a separate forum would require a lot more posting volume. If you'd like we can do thread labels, as I posted above. Nobody has given any feedback on that option so far, though.

Thanks for following up!

I don't know how helpful the thread labels would be but it certainly seems worth trying.

Need any help with that?

I am unsure what thread labels are, but it could help!