Auburn c/o 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YaY Wildlike Woman!!!! Congratulations!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: :soexcited:

And I am hoping that you hear soon Emiloo :)

Thanks Virginger! I hope to hear that Oregon offers you a spot really soon :xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I was OOS, NOT waitlisted, and didn't get the call until April 15th last year. lolol. Don't panic yet, OOS'ers!
WAR EAGLE!

I was OOS, NOT waitlisted, and didn't get the call until April 15th last year. lolol. Don't panic yet, OOS'ers!
WAR EAGLE!
phew i'm on the edge of my seat here and it's not even April 16th yet! SOoooOOo nervous! I was rejected (for the second time, grrr) from my IS and at this point Auburn is my only hope. Even before I found out my rejection from my IS I LOVED Auburn and would have considered going OOS to be there (only wish I could currently have such choices).

I'm new to SDN, but I'm already loving the support-only wish I had found it earlier!

Members don't see this ad :)
No one freak out, but they called someone off the OOS waitlist this morning.

No one freak out, but they called someone off the OOS waitlist this morning.

bahaha "no one freak out"..I'm sure everyone on the OOS Waitlist woke up this morning and realized the date and already started freaking out :laugh:

myself included...a little bit. :oops:

Do they call the waitlisters or send an acceptance email?

Called and gave them till tomorrow at noon to decide. They must have been first off the list because they got called at 8am lol. JEALOUS!!!

Do they call the waitlisters or send an acceptance email?

Both. I got a call and then they sent the email. I got a week to decide but that's probably because I got called off before the deadline. Good luck for those of you still waiting! I hope we can be classmates :thumbup:

I dropped my space on the wait list...sniffles....I am going to VMRCVM!!!!!:luck:

Hey current students, I got my OOS offer this weekend and am wondering what people recommend for housing. I'm thinking of getting a trailer, are any parks better than others? Also, since I'm not local, I'll need to make time to come down and check things out and settle this housing business, when do places start getting snatched up?
Thanks!

Hey, I am wondering the same thing....just accepted my offer yesterday....

Does anyone know how many waitlisters they have contacted so far? It seems like a bunch of people are accepting their offers (congrats guys!) and not a lot are declining them! I don't blame you guys I was totally in love with Auburn also. I still have hope that maybe they aren't finished calling everyone!

Does anyone know how many waitlisters they have contacted so far? It seems like a bunch of people are accepting their offers (congrats guys!) and not a lot are declining them! I don't blame you guys I was totally in love with Auburn also. I still have hope that maybe they aren't finished calling everyone!

I don't think they are done calling yet. I got a list of the students that accepted and there appears to be 6 spots still open. Not sure about that but that's what it looked like. Plus people could drop at any time so don't give up yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much Wildlife Woman! Only 6 spots??? The chances are low but any chance is better than no chance right?! I bet they'll have to call around 20(?) people to fill those so my fingers are crossed! I like that they are calling so fast so we all can have an idea about what to do next. Congratulations on your acceptance....we've all worked so hard and you totally deserve it (and I won't give up just yet)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much Wildlife Woman! Only 6 spots??? The chances are low but any chance is better than no chance right?! I bet they'll have to call around 20(?) people to fill those so my fingers are crossed! I like that they are calling so fast so we all can have an idea about what to do next. Congratulations on your acceptance....we've all worked so hard and you totally deserve it (and I won't give up just yet)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol thank you :). We definitely have worked our butts off. Make sure you let us know if you get the call :xf:

Hey so, I know I am going to receive more info on the dress code....but could anyone tell me more about it (for women lol) and are we allowed to wear any skirts/dresses that end above the knee (not way above the knee just right above)
thanks

Right above the knee is fine. Do the old high school trick -- put your arms down at your sides, your skirt/dress shouldn't be above your finger tips. ;) Also make sure the neck doesn't dip too deep and your straps are at least shoulder wide (or must wear a shrug over it).

For everything else... There IS a fb page for your class guys, and there is a lot of good information already on it. It seems like there are a million trailer parks to choose from, and I didn't land my spot until late July last year (although I got lucky). So I wouldn't panic too much about it.
Will hopefully see some of you tomorrow! :) WAR EAGLE!

I'm on the OOS waitlist and everytime I look at my phone and there is not call from Ms. Storey I die a little inside. Lol...I think this waiting game is the hardest thing I've ever had to do...on the other hand, congrats to all who have heard! Just thought I'd put it out there that I really really want that call! Haha

I'm on the OOS waitlist and everytime I look at my phone and there is not call from Ms. Storey I die a little inside. Lol...I think this waiting game is the hardest thing I've ever had to do...on the other hand, congrats to all who have heard! Just thought I'd put it out there that I really really want that call! Haha

I am sooo with you! I am really sad there are only a few more spots....my hope is slipping away. Let us know if you get that call :xf:

I hope those of you that made it down for Open House enjoyed yourself. I was the person that gave the little talk about the tablets on Saturday. Also for those of you still on the waitlist, although there might only be six spots left, try to have faith. I know that there is always still some shifting that goes on even into the summer because people get called off of other waitlists, etc. I know that one of my classmates got called off the waitlist two weeks before school started (so it happens). I know it's not much of a consolation to hear that (especially from someone on the other side I guess). I'm wishing everyone who's still waiting to hear, the best of luck. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

as much as it pains me to post this, I just turned down a spot at Auburn. Even though Auburn was my top pick, I just could not justify spending an extra $100,000 when I have a contract seat at Miss State. :( Good luck though guys, I hope one of you gets it.

as much as it pains me to post this, I just turned down a spot at Auburn. Even though Auburn was my top pick, I just could not justify spending an extra $100,000 when I have a contract seat at Miss State. :( Good luck though guys, I hope one of you gets it.

That's the choice I'm worried about having to make also :scared:. Guess I have to get the call first to worry about it, but congratulations on having choices and finally making your decision! I bet that's a great feeling. Enjoy Miss State!:D

That's the choice I'm worried about having to make also :scared:. Guess I have to get the call first to worry about it, but congratulations on having choices and finally making your decision! I bet that's a great feeling. Enjoy Miss State!:D

Thank you! I feel lucky to have had some options and I know I made the right decision, but turning it down was pretty difficult. Auburn has always been my first pick, but having that much debt makes me nervous. Hopefully you will hear something soon! :)

So I emailed Ms. Storey and asked if the class was complete. Her answer was "at the moment, it is." :( ...I'm not sure if that means they've extended all the spots and are waiting on some to reply or if everyone has excepted at this time. Hope its the first one! Haha

I'd assume that they've accepted everyone for the class. However, there is always one or two students who have to back out, leaving a few more last minute spots to waitlisters that want it

I'd assume that they've accepted everyone for the class. However, there is always one or two students who have to back out, leaving a few more last minute spots to waitlisters that want it

:thumbup: Yeah it's still early enough that some spots will be opened eventually, but it will be a trickling game now. :(

To any current Auburn students (or prevets that might know!), Does Auburn CVM have any affiliations with any of the zoos or wildlife centers in Alabama, besides the Southeastern Raptor Center located at the school? Any rotations or shadowing opportunities at any local zoos/aquariums/wildlife centers? Even if its experience in the form of clubs? Thanks for all the help!!

We don't have any partnerships per se. We do have an exotics club here and a turtle rehab team. This gives people the opportunity to meet/network with people that are involved with exotics. We have a small animal oceanarium elective ever semester that allows students to go to this place in Florida and spend time with an alum who works on dolphins and other aquatic species. While we don't have any specific rotations involving exotics (outside of the raptor center) it is still possible do things like that. It's all about networking and using your resources wisely. Several of our faculty members know people that work in those fields and would be more than happy to help you get in contact with those individuals. Hope that helps.

To any current Auburn students (or prevets that might know!), Does Auburn CVM have any affiliations with any of the zoos or wildlife centers in Alabama, besides the Southeastern Raptor Center located at the school? Any rotations or shadowing opportunities at any local zoos/aquariums/wildlife centers? Even if its experience in the form of clubs? Thanks for all the help!!