Auburn c/o 2017 Applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
tumblr_m19iq3sae31r22lig.gif

Adcoms that don't let you in ^^^^^...................................Me ^^^^^^

WoooOO!!!! I haven't even thought about this essay yet.

Emiloo... how do you post gifs on here??? I can't get it to work.

I'm applying to Auburn this year. Can anyone give me some info about the town? What is the atmosphere there? Are there a lot of festivals and events that are fun? Is it a nice town? Are there parks nearby? Is there outdoorsy stuff to do in the area, like kayaking or tubing or rafting or rock climbing/tree climbing? I've driven through there once and know nothing about the area.

I'm applying to Auburn this year. Can anyone give me some info about the town? What is the atmosphere there? Are there a lot of festivals and events that are fun? Is it a nice town? Are there parks nearby? Is there outdoorsy stuff to do in the area, like kayaking or tubing or rafting or rock climbing/tree climbing? I've driven through there once and know nothing about the area.

I know it's a college town and most students live in mobile homes since they're cheap. That's about it since I was only there for basically my interview day.

Members don't see this ad :)
4/4 abs!

:( the Auburn supplemental says answer the question in essay form. What is the question?

4/4 abs!

:( the Auburn supplemental says answer the question in essay form. What is the question?

Basically why you want to go to their school. I posted the exact question in another thread (C/O 2017 maybe???). There isn't a word limit or anything that I know of. Think I wrote like 3/4 of a page.

Basically why you want to go to their school. I posted the exact question in another thread (C/O 2017 maybe???). There isn't a word limit or anything that I know of. Think I wrote like 3/4 of a page.

It is funny though because it asks answer the following question and then there isn't one.

Right click and copy the image location, come back on here, click the yellow box with the mountains and paste the "image location" in there. Depending on your computer you can also just right click, copy, and paste it on here.

Oh lawd, they askin Em for help!!! :laugh:

;)

Yep, I asked this same question in C/O 2017 and orca so wonderfully answered :)

I think it's been the same for the past several years, so here's the question from last year: "Why do you wish to enroll in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Auburn University?"

Edit: I don't know if I should change Auburn=s or not when I print it out...

Has anyone actually contacted the school to point out the mistake in the supplemental? :p I think that would be a start! I'm applying to Auburn once again!

Has anyone actually contacted the school to point out the mistake in the supplemental? :p I think that would be a start! I'm applying to Auburn once again!

They know about it and are working on it. I guess it's just taking a while.

shrug.gif

This is TOTALLY your year!!! :luck::xf::luck:

Man, I hope I get this too! lol Auburn is my home state as well as my contract state. It has grown considerably since the first time I looked at it for undergrad (1991ish) gulp?! That doesn't date me too much, right?:eek:

Man, I hope I get this too! lol Auburn is my home state as well as my contract state. It has grown considerably since the first time I looked at it for undergrad (1991ish) gulp?! That doesn't date me too much, right?:eek:
tumblr_m5hj6kPbdw1r2wbbk.gif

Woohoo!!! So that means now I should stop putting it off? :rolleyes:

What kind of picture are you guys sending in for the supplemental? Professional?

I have used a passport photo and will probably do so again.

I still haven't written my essay. I'm going to force myself work on it during my afternoon off today.

For LOR's does "the third should be from an academician (major professor or advisor)" does that mean that if I'm a biology major that a professor LOR has to be from a biology professor?

Sorry if this is kind of a stupid question

For LOR's does "the third should be from an academician (major professor or advisor)" does that mean that if I'm a biology major that a professor LOR has to be from a biology professor?

Sorry if this is kind of a stupid question

Not a stupid question. I took it to mean that it could be any professor or advisor that I had a good relationship with and would write me a stellar LOR. Mine is biology but that is because I spent a great deal of time in her office lamenting/sharing my concerns.

Be sure that you ask if they can write you an excellent LOR!

Are you guys talking about yourselves much in the supplemental essay? I have most of mine written now (surprising, I know!) but so far its mostly just about why I like Auburn and what it has to offer. How do I incorporate myself into it?

Are you guys talking about yourselves much in the supplemental essay? I have most of mine written now (surprising, I know!) but so far its mostly just about why I like Auburn and what it has to offer. How do I incorporate myself into it?

Last year, I wrote mainly about why certain aspects of the school appealed to me, which sounds like what you're doing. It was good enough to get me an interview. Since I got in elsewhere, I never contacted them for a file review to find out if there was something I could have done differently in that essay, or really anywhere in my application.

I did. However, I grew up in AL and so talked about be a southern girl and wanting to get back to there. Also talked quite a bit about AU grads that I have worked with, admire, and want to emulate. It took me a long time to develop it the way I wanted. It sounds as though you are incorporating yourself by discussing what appeals to you.:) :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback guys! Stress relieved! :)

What is the General Aptitude portion of the GRE?

So, is the supplemental application due October 1st or 30th? The statement on the supplemental application on the website is kind of confusing. Everything is ready to mail out once my essay has been proof-read, though.

This is what their website says... You're right, it is confusing!

SUPPLEMENTAL APPLICATION
The supplemental application is now available and and should be submitted when your VMCAS application is submitted by October 2nd and received by Auburn no later than October 15th, 2012.

***I take that to mean you have plenty of time! I haven't checked the actual supplemental app sheet, though, so maybe call admissions just to double check. They're super nice! By far one of my fav admissions offices to talk to!

Hi all!

Just putting my name down here as an Auburn applicant. I am putting the finishing touches on VMCAS today and will submit it later today. The supplemental application is giving me a bit more trouble, but should be done by tomorrow.

Soon, it will just be the waiting game!

First time applying to Auburn for me, but second time in this application rodeo! Best of luck everyone!! :xf: :luck:

Second time Auburn applicant here. :) I'm not expecting to hear anything until January.
Let the waiting games begin! :p