Auburn c/o 2017 Applicants!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks tiger lady for your question regarding utk vs au! I'm OOS for both, but hope to attend either one. I've been accepted at my IS and am waitlisted at auburn. I really fell for auburn during my visit, and while I know that my IS is appealing, I'm ready for a new (albeit expensive) adventure. I've decided that if utk accepts me or au calls me of their waitlist, I'll go in a heartbeat. I really enjoyed utk when I visited during my interview and would be thrilled to go there if auburn doesn't want me. If given the opportunity to choose between utk and auburn, I think I'm leaning more toward auburn.

Come on April 15!

Members don't see this ad.

Big thanks to dooleypuppy, BuggerDoodle, Crystalight33 and irrelephant23! I appreciate all of the input! If I find out an acceptance from UTK tomorrow (or Friday) I'm going to have to make a bigger pro/con list and figure out which school fits me best. I can see myself having a wonderful experience at both schools and being very happy at both schools. I'm blessed to have such a difficult decision! Thanks for everyone's help and please, if anyone else has any more advice, keep it coming ;)

Yes I am! I was trying to get an idea if most people have decided yet since *most* schools have finished interviews etc. I would love to know if you do decline..I inquired and found out that I am on the lower end of waitlist.. For whatever that is worth

I was still wondering how you inquired, or what exactly they told you with respect to your position being "on the lower end of waitlist"

I am in the same boat and went ahead and forked over the money to register for the prereq because like you said, it's either take the class or don't go to Auburn. So whether I get called off the waitlist this year, or apply again next year, it's still a prereq either way, you know?

I inquired about scheduling appointments for application reviews to find out what I can work on improving for when I apply again next year (assuming I don't get called off the waitlist) and I was told that I have to wait until May 15th to schedule an appointment. I guess this is because things may move along a little faster in terms of people called off the waitlist after the April 15th deadline, but I was still very curious how they informed you of your approximate (?) position on the waitlist...?

I don't mean to be pushy, I'm just trying to figure out as much information as possible so I can use my time as best as possible, as soon as possible, which might mean two totally different things depending on my relative position on the waitlist.

I've applied to a million internships, looked into a GRE prep class, and been trying to figure out the best way to use my time until vet school- whether that time is only a summer (if I get called off the waitlist), or a whole year (if I don't get called off the waitlist).... It's very hard to commit to any time/energy investment when you don't have much feedback to work with ):

Members don't see this ad :)
I just declined my OOS spot today. Good luck everyone and I wish you the best!

Monday is April 15th finally! Fingers crossed that some of us OOS waitlisted get some news, good luck everyone! :)

Has anyone else been trying to find housing yet? The place I found wont let me move in until midway through the first day of orientation :(

Has anyone else been trying to find housing yet? The place I found wont let me move in until midway through the first day of orientation :(

Although I have never lived in a mobile home, I decided to go that route. It's an affordable way to have a good amount of space. I found a great place in Saddlebrook park which is owned by Gentilly. It has a HUGE yard (perfect for my 2 large dogs) and is set up like a chill neighborhood, not a trailer park. I was feeling really worried until I found this place because I didn't like how close together the trailers were in the other parks. Just closed the deal last week so I can spend the summer updating it a bit (also I was afraid that someone else would buy it!). I found it on craigs list but you could also check out zillow.com.

I heard there was going to be a lot of information about housing options at the open house. So I've put off my decision til then. Anyone else going? I'll be leaving in one week! So excited!

I got accepted to Tuskegee, but I've been told just to live in Auburn and commute. I'm looking into the Gentilly Park mobile homes right now, but if anyone is looking for a roommate, I'm interested!

Members don't see this ad :)
Everyone on OOS waitlist please keep up updated if you hear anything tomorrow, April 15th.... the day we've been waiting for! :)

Also, all those who are accepting or declining by tomorrow's deadline keep us posted!

Goodluck to everyone on the waitlist and all those accepting offers tmrw! I really hope all of us in limbo on the waitlist will hear something soon!!!

I declined my acceptance for my IS school last week. I really hope it helps one of my fellow SDNers!! :luck::luck:

I wish I could come to open house but I have to work

What are ya'll wearing to open house? I'm not sure how dressy or casual to go.

I have also declined my OOS spot..I really hope this helps some of y'all out! I LOVED Auburn and hope to maybe do an externship or something out that way in the future. Good luck guys and thanks everyone for your help on my decision! I hope some of you SDN peeps get called in! :D:xf:

What are ya'll wearing to open house? I'm not sure how dressy or casual to go.

I plan on wearing jeans, but dressing it up with a nice top/shoes etc. I went to open house as an undergrad, and don't really remember anyone "dressed up" too much more than that, so hopefully that's still the consensus.

As far as housing goes, I just bought a trailer in Ridgewood last weekend! I heard some horror stories of people waiting too long and getting stuck in something they hated, so I wanted to make sure and get down there early.

......sooo, anyone on the OOS waitlist get a call yet?! I'm kind of going crazy lol

Yep I'm officially crazy. Every time the phone rings I literally look I'm having a seizure standing up.... And I've also checked this forum more times today than I'd like to admit oopsss. Kaye please call me!!!

Yep I'm officially crazy. Every time the phone rings I literally look I'm having a seizure standing up.... And I've also checked this forum more times today than I'd like to admit oopsss. Kaye please call me!!!

Story of my life. I never should have downloaded the sdn app for my phone.

Wow I'm so glad you said that. I'm downloading it now

Just letting y'all know- I got called off the waitlist today! Idk if it helps y'all to know that they did in fact call someone but I am SO so excited!! Out of state tuition but ready to get started. My dreeeeeam school!

Just letting y'all know- I got called off the waitlist today! Idk if it helps y'all to know that they did in fact call someone but I am SO so excited!! Out of state tuition but ready to get started. My dreeeeeam school!

Yay! Congrats!!! Did they tell you any information about where you stood on the waitlist? Or any information about a seat/spot number you were given out of the 40 seats for OOS? How long did they give you until you had to give them an answer to accept/decline the offer? Would you mind sharing any other information that might be revelant to helping us anticipate what to expect or if we can still have some hopes... Congrats again, very happy for you! It must be an amazing feeling to have that offer and have that weight lifted off your shoulders :)
Hoping the rest of us on here will get so lucky....!!

Congrats!!! I hope I get a call tomorrow! I have no idea where Im at on the wait list. Ive asked Kaye but no luck in finding out my number! Congratulations! Im keeping my fingers crossed for a phone call tomorrow!

Yay! Congrats!!! Did they tell you any information about where you stood on the waitlist? Or any information about a seat/spot number you were given out of the 40 seats for OOS? How long did they give you until you had to give them an answer to accept/decline the offer? Would you mind sharing any other information that might be revelant to helping us anticipate what to expect or if we can still have some hopes... Congrats again, very happy for you! It must be an amazing feeling to have that offer and have that weight lifted off your shoulders :)
Hoping the rest of us on here will get so lucky....!!

I wish I had more info to give- she basically said "do you want the spot- yes or no" and I said yes so she is mailing the official paperwork to my house. Ha I guess that's how long I have to decide if I wanted it! If I knew of anything about where I was in the 40 I would absolutely tell y'all but I don't.. It looks like there's only 56 in the Facebook group now which doesn't mean anything but who knows. I was on the waitlist last year and never got called off so this is very exciting and I'm crossing my fingers for y'all! I haven't sent in my official decline Letter to Tennessee yet so there may be people doing the same for auburn.

Yay! Congrats pbpauburn! I am going to be glued to my phone all day.

Riley- sorry to introduce you to a new addiction haha!

Haha yeah it's almost to the point where I want to throw my phone off of a bridge..

Congrats pbpauburn!

Does anyone who's already bought a trailer mind sharing a ballpark figure for how much of a down payment you had to do? Just trying to get an idea before heading down to open house.

So is anyone going to this "ice cream social" on Friday night? How do you guys feel about the veterinary fraternity? I've never been apart of greek life in my undergrad, but I also went to school in my home town so I already knew a lot of people. :lame:

Congrats pbpauburn!

Does anyone who's already bought a trailer mind sharing a ballpark figure for how much of a down payment you had to do? Just trying to get an idea before heading down to open house.

My trailer was $8,000, and I gave them a $500 deposit two weeks ago until I could close this weekend. I'm using my savings to pay for it, so I'm not sure how much a true "down payment" would run : /

A friend of mine is graduating in May....her trailer is for sale. She has done some updates to paint and floor. It is a 3 bedroom 2 bath in Conway Acres. I have stayed there several times during open house and for interviews.

She will be in Auburn during open house for showings.

Im going! I think it'll be fun. And I am in greek life as an undergrad and love it!! It's an awesome way to get involved. but I don't think they will pressure you to join I think It's just a chance for us all to meet up! You should come :)

I will probably be going too, if everything goes to plan and I make it into Auburn on time Friday. I wasn't a part of Greek life as an undergrad either but the OTS blue book is pretty cool and it seems like it might be a fun option.

Last edited:
After much debating over the last couple of months, I will be declining my OOS seat... Absolutely loved Auburn, but could not afford it :/ I hope another OOS SDNer gets my seat!! :luck::luck:

Last edited:
So excited! Bought my trailer today! I'm going to have it repainted and the carpet replaced with flooring and then it will be ready to move into in August! Our open house orientation was very informative and I'm just very excited. Did I mention that?

Time flies when you're on the waitlist.....not! Lol just checking in and seeing is anyone has been lucky enough to get called off the waitlist? I know rumor was that the class was already set back in April, but just wanted to see if anyone had any news. Good luck to everyone starting in fall, and all those who started the long dreaded application process again!

hey guys! i am applying for the class of 2018, and am on the waitlist! i was wondering if anyone ever found out how far they went down the waitlist? and kaye said in her email that our classes had to be finished by april 15th, but my semester is not over then! anyone else handle this issue? thanks!