Auburn c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Kaye called me today to set up an interview. I think their email system has been a little hokey! It's next Friday at 5:30 pm. Good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Kaye called me today to set up an interview. I think their email system has been a little hokey! It's next Friday at 5:30 pm. Good luck to everyone!
Congratulations! Good luck, just be yourself and have fun. :)

Did she mention the email being down? I emailed her last week and haven't heard her. I know she's busy and all but she usually replies back. Maybe that's why I haven't heard from her?

Congrats everyone~

I know I'm amped for my interview, it's Wednesday evening but I'll be headed down to Auburn early morning because I'll be bringing with me some transfers to the Southeastern Raptor Center.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Good luck, just be yourself and have fun. :)

Did she mention the email being down? I emailed her last week and haven't heard her. I know she's busy and all but she usually replies back. Maybe that's why I haven't heard from her?
She didn't specifically mention it today. But I figure since they called me instead of emailing, there must be something weird going on. I had also gotten an email from her about a month ago that there were some email errors. So, I'm just drawing my own conclusion. She is usually quick on the reply, but she seemed super duper busy today. So, I would just give her a call tomorrow to touch base!

Giving up my OOS seat. I hope someone on here who is waiting to hear gets it!!

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats MEA! Did you decide on UF?

You got this allygator! It's going to be your seat ;)
UF it is! Put an offer in on a house in haile plantation!

Yup, you got this allygator! :)

Reactions: 1 users
I haven't been on here since I got my alternate email. Has anyone heard anything from the waitlist or know when we should expect to hear something?

I haven't been on here since I got my alternate email. Has anyone heard anything from the waitlist or know when we should expect to hear something?

I haven't heard anything, but I don't really expect to until after April 15th

Yeah that is what I figured too. Any idea how many of us there are?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be withdrawing from the OOS wait list! Going to NCSU CVM!

Interview tomorrow, car smashed up while parked in front of my house today. Yaaay.

Still drives at least.

Has anyone heard that's on the OOS wait list?

Nope. I don't think we'll hear anything until after April 15th because I think they send out more acceptances than they have seats for.

Yeah I think Kay said yesterday they sent around 70 for OOS, but that she'd already gotten about 11 declined.

Only 3 accepted too, so there's that. She said they never get close to 40 on the first round.

Reactions: 1 users
Only 3 accepted too, so there's that. She said they never get close to 40 on the first round.

Okay cool, I like that better haha. Thanks for the info! I hope your interview went well :)

I think it did, they said I had a very calming personality so I guess that's a good thing. Will see next week. :dead:

I think it did, they said I had a very calming personality so I guess that's a good thing. Will see next week. :dead:

Haha I think that's definitely a good quality for a future vet, good luck!

I do so love emergency, but I also love radiology. Combine combine.

mine is tomorrow morning. going over stuff now. I started out in ER.

Yeah I think Kay said yesterday they sent around 70 for OOS, but that she'd already gotten about 11 declined.

That's good to hear, I know a few people that declined, I just want to know!!

So I've been looking for dates on when the fall program would start - I'm assuming y'all who got accepted would know. When do they expect you to be at Auburn for the fall?

So I've been looking for dates on when the fall program would start - I'm assuming y'all who got accepted would know. When do they expect you to be at Auburn for the fall?
I really haven't gotten any information from them. But a first year told me the first day of orientation is August 5th and the first day of class is August 11th. Ms. Kaye said we will be getting more information sent to us at the end of this month after they are done interviewing and accepting the in state people.

Yeah the 5th is what she told us this past week at in-state interviews too, the main campus sets the date for class start unfortunately not the vet school.

I have a question for in-staters, or anyone else who knows. How many applicants who are Alabama residents does Auburn interview?

I think Kaye told is they interviews around 90 and accept 41

Oh wow, I didn't think they would interview that many since they only get around 100 applicants! Thanks for the response :) I ask because I'm considering moving to Alabama and applying again next year as a resident if a waitlist doesn't work out for me this time around!

I'm declining my OOS acceptance. I'm rooting for you Allygator13!

I'm so nervous, I'm not sure I'll be able to leave my phone out of my sight tomorrow and Tuesday!

I feel the same, at least I'm in class and then working partial overnights both days so it'll go by quickly.

When are they supposed to get back to Kentucky students?

Good luck guys! Can't wait to meet more classmates :)