Auburn c/o 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted... I am the waitlist queen lol!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have anything either but I typically get emails from them a few hours after everyone else. At this point I'm not holding out hope for an acceptance. I was wait listed last year and so I really hoped that this would be my year.

I don't have anything either but I typically get emails from them a few hours after everyone else. At this point I'm not holding out hope for an acceptance. I was wait listed last year and so I really hoped that this would be my year.
Don't be down on yourself! Obviously you are a great candidate if you've made it this far. Best wishes! This may be your year!

Reactions: 1 user
Rejected... I'm not really surprised as I didn't think my interview went that well. Congrats to everyone who was accepted!

Rejected :( I'm not sure I'll get in anywhere this time around.. I thought my interview here went really well so I don't get it...

Rejected...honestly I'm shocked. I thought my application was much improved from last year. Obviously I was wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
So sorry guys. =( Don't beat yourself up though. One of the vets I worked for and consider a very close mentor says you just need persistence, persistence, persistence. You got an interview, which means you're on the right track. Hang in there - have some ice cream, yell at the TV, then get back on the horse, and don't give up. And do a file review!!! That's your best bet for improvement.

Hugs to all!

Luckily, I have 3 other acceptances :)

Did anyone who was accepted receive their acceptance email yet? I got the phone call yesterday saying I was accepted and to be expecting an email...but haven't seen anything.

Rejected. :( At least I have another acceptance to fall back on.

Rejected. Beyond confused as to why...my interview went really well I thought. So disappointed

It's hard because I don't have any other acceptances. I'm still waiting to hear back from everywhere else I applied.

I'm an alternate, still waiting on UF and Tufts so fingers crossed!

It's hard because I don't have any other acceptances. I'm still waiting to hear back from everywhere else I applied.
Same here. I may go through with the file review to find out what went wrong even though I got in elsewhere. I thought I killed it in the interview.

I agree, I thought Auburn went so well and having this rejection leaves me again waiting to hear from the other schools.

you all should feel so accomplished, I feel the same defeat but how extraordinary is it that we were given this opportunity too make it even this far

Reactions: 1 users
Rejected too. My interview went SO well....they even said I did my homework and look like a really well rounded applicant. I guess the other admissions people didn't think so.
Whatever! I didn't want to go to school there anyways! :p

Ah Rejected as well :/ which I'm really upset I wasn't even put on the waitlist considering one of the first statements he said was "I don't understand why you aren't in vet school yet" This is sooooo discouraging. :[

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard from Auburn today?

Has anyone that was accepted gotten any more detailed info? I was accepted Monday, formally accepted in writing via email yesterday...but haven't heard anything else. Not sure what next steps are.

I just got a duplicate alternate email. The email stated, "For some reason we had an email glitch yesterday for this group. I apologize if it is a duplicate but some applicants seem not to have gotten any response from us. My apologies to all of you for this inconvenience and duplication."

I just did. Shucks.
It's a OK. Dont be discouraged we still have a glimmer of hope. I made a page for alternate auburn students so if you want to join that so we can keep uposted that's awesome!

It's a OK. Dont be discouraged we still have a glimmer of hope. I made a page for alternate auburn students so if you want to join that so we can keep uposted that's awesome!
Okay I will! I could not find it but I will look for it again tomorrow! What is the exact title of your page?

Did anyone get two rejection emails from Auburn? I got one on this Monday afternoon and another one on Tuseday morning... T-T Pretty sure I bombed my interview because I didn't even get wait-listed...

Did anyone get two rejection emails from Auburn? I got one on this Monday afternoon and another one on Tuseday morning... T-T Pretty sure I bombed my interview because I didn't even get wait-listed...
My friend got them too. There was a glitch so they emailed twice to make sure we received them.

Hey to all those current students at auburn.. What kinds of hands on experience can i get my first year? I really want a program that gives that to you right off the bat.. Like physical exams and what not.. Can someone explain what years 1-3 are like hands-on and surgery experience wise? I really would want to go to auburn but i am not sure if the curriculum is hands on enough but i just dont know anything about it! Could someone also tell me, are classes mandatory now?

Hey to all those current students at auburn.. What kinds of hands on experience can i get my first year? I really want a program that gives that to you right off the bat.. Like physical exams and what not.. Can someone explain what years 1-3 are like hands-on and surgery experience wise? I really would want to go to auburn but i am not sure if the curriculum is hands on enough but i just dont know anything about it! Could someone also tell me, are classes mandatory now?

I'm not a current student (but will be there next year - yay!) and asked this question during my interview....they said that we have electives that can be hands-on as early as our first semester.

Hey guys, any accepted students know what the next steps are? I've already officially accepted my offer, and I'm really anxious to start getting things planned and settled. August will be here a lot faster than you think! PS just want to say hello to any of my future classmates! :) I am so excited

I'm not a current student (but will be there next year - yay!) and asked this question during my interview....they said that we have electives that can be hands-on as early as our first semester.

Electives dont start until your second semester.

Hey guys, any accepted students know what the next steps are? I've already officially accepted my offer, and I'm really anxious to start getting things planned and settled. August will be here a lot faster than you think! PS just want to say hello to any of my future classmates! :) I am so excited

Hello!!! Nice to meet you :) I'm in the same boat and cannot wait! Haven't heard anything else since I've accepted my offer either.

Do any current vet students at Auburn know how easy it is to find pet-friendly apartments near the vet school without super strict breed/weight restrictions? Or will a car be required to get to campus?

Anyone looking to buy a trailer near Vet school. Maybe we can go half then sell after we complete the program. Accepted Feb 17th OOS.

Anyone looking to buy a trailer near Vet school. Maybe we can go half then sell after we complete the program. Accepted Feb 17th OOS.

LacrosseVet, I am thinking about it!!!

LacrosseVet, I am thinking about it!!!
My thought is that with each doing half we can really cut costs and possibly rent out a third bedroom if we decided to go that way. Keep me updated on what you are considering. I am a male from Ohio.

Does anyone know if we have an Auburn 2019 Facebook yet?