Auburn University Harrison school of pharmacy class of 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k1451372

accepted pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed to many threads on Auburn and thought I would start one for those who are coming to Auburn in the fall and for current pharmacy students at Auburn who may have advice(like how to find a roomate, best way to meet people, best place on campus to study, where to relieve stress, etc.). I can't wait to meet everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

k,

I sent you a PM yesterday... did you get it?

I'm a (very busy) P1 this year but I'll be glad to answer questions, give advice, etc. whenever I can.

Just wanted to say welcome to the family - I hope more folks will join you here soon!

k,

I'm a (very busy) P1 this year but I'll be glad to answer questions, give advice, etc. whenever I can.

Just wanted to say welcome to the family - I hope more folks will join you here soon!

There's that adorable little man!

How's everything going for you? Are things settling at all in school?

That tornado went right past the kid's apartment in Prattville.... scared the bejeepers out of her. She had no damage, thankfully, but the town is torn up badly. She was pretty spooked by the whole thing, almost thought about coming home, but she really wants to go to AU, so she's staying.

Members don't see this ad :)
There's that adorable little man!

How's everything going for you? Are things settling at all in school?

That tornado went right past the kid's apartment in Prattville.... scared the bejeepers out of her. She had no damage, thankfully, but the town is torn up badly. She was pretty spooked by the whole thing, almost thought about coming home, but she really wants to go to AU, so she's staying.

Awww, thanks - I think he's adorable, too, but I might be a little biased.

Other folks have settled in pretty well but they're not dealing with a hubby on the road, a kid in one city, and a house in another; all of which have to be looked after (and in different ways) ya know?!? I'll fill you in more later but suffice to say that I've never worked so hard for mediocre grades in my life :oops:

Will you call or PM me at some point with phone #s for both of y'all (my phone went kaput and I lost 'em)? I know you sent me a message a while back - I thought I'd call instead of try to type it all out.

I'm glad she's OK - was she home when they came through? There was some nasty weather in AU Thursday night/Friday morning - lightning struck a tree about 10 feet from the RV... sounded like a friggin' sonic boom (shook the trailor so badly that things fell over on the countertops and Lady wouldn't come out of hiding for the rest of the night; but, hey - it could've been worse! At least the tree didn't catch fire or fall over on me)! Happened about 2:30 in the morning and it scared me so badly I couldn't go back to sleep, though :eek:

TTYL - Before I go, though, Zeke wanted to say this:

:boom: (He loves explosions and stuff lilke that... a typical boy for you!)

are we allowed to do our 4th year anywhere we choose? i mean lets say i want to work in a hospital in florida would that be possible?

Pharm pills
I know that alot of programs do rotations durin your fourth year nation wide sometimes international. I hope Auburn does as well, if not its okay with me but until I get married I wanna do a lot of traveling and would love to do an international rotation that would awesome!
I am glad you guys found this thread I know there are others out there.
Julianne- do you now about the fourth year? oh, and I did get your PM

PharmPills,

You do have many options during your 4th year rotations but I don't know that you can choose any place at all (there has to be, at minimum, a preceptor and an agreement between AUHSOP and your chosen facility)... this would be a really good question to ask during orientation. I will see what else I can find out for you but be patient with me, K? I'll probably be crazy busy until mid-March. If I don't post some kind of update, please remind me :)

are we allowed to do our 4th year anywhere we choose? i mean lets say i want to work in a hospital in florida would that be possible?
Everyone I've talked to says you can request certain places but youll probably never get everything you want. Most people wind up in an area with about an hour from birmingham in any direction.

Everyone I've talked to says you can request certain places but youll probably never get everything you want. Most people wind up in an area with about an hour from birmingham in any direction.

I guess it depends on what (or where) you're asking for. Birmingham and the surrounding areas can accomodate more students than places like Auburn or Montgomery, which is why more folks end up being placed there. Birmingham was my first choice and that's where I'll be come May. Worked out well for me :thumbup:

My class is spread out all over the place this summer (from Huntsville to Dothan and Tuscaloosa to Columbus)...

yes the class has been finalized...woot, woot

YAY! Can't wait to talk to y'all soon (only two more finals left and two weeks of rotations, then I'm freeeee for the summer and can post more) :hardy:

k,

I am applying for fall 2010 --presently studying Bachelor Biomedical Sciences at Canadian University GPA 3.3 ! I will be completing all science PreReq by summer 2010 -- -- having Bachelor degree waives all english, humanities, fine arts course ---- Need advise !

Hey guys. So I'll be starting pharmacy school this fall and I'm dying to know what I've gotten myself into. What is Auburn's Pharmacy school like? How is the first year? Is it super hard?

Hey guys. So I'll be starting pharmacy school this fall and I'm dying to know what I've gotten myself into. What is Auburn's Pharmacy school like? How is the first year? Is it super hard?
I would rank P2 as the hardest at Auburn. All this really depends on you and how hard you are willing to work. If you don't mind studying up to 40 hours a week outside of class, you will be fine. If you think you can skate by on less time put in, you are in for a rough time. I know what you are thinking, you are thinking "bro, I'm smart. I never had to study that much." Get past that because when you are given 200 pages of notes to memorize in a 2 week period (and that is just one class), they want you to truly know every word. Everyone here is smart or they wouldn't have got in and most of the class struggles to get C on 40 hours a week. Most people have trouble accepting that they have to study that much. If you don't mind and just do it, you will be fine. Think hard on it and decide if it is worth that much time, effort, and dedication. Some people can't deal with it.

Falokis,

Haven't been on here in forever but just wanted to say congrats - you made it!!!

Welcome to the real world :)
Julianne

Last edited: