Auburn University Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanttobepharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone applied to Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy this cycle and heard anything from them?

I've submitted my application and they have not even cashed my check, so I'm not sure if they even processing my application.

I know their Early Decision deadline is September 1st so maybe they are processing those before regular applicants.

thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi wanttobepharm.. I applied to Auburn early decision. I have heard from them already. I heard on August 28 and will be interviewing first round on September 12. Hope this helps!

Hi wanttobepharm.. I applied to Auburn early decision. I have heard from them already. I heard on August 28 and will be interviewing first round on September 12. Hope this helps!

oh that's right! they have to take care of their early decisions first.
thanks for the info!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
hey have you heard anything new?
also, does the supp have essay questions? I just added this school today to my pharmcas :)

hey have you heard anything new?
also, does the supp have essay questions? I just added this school today to my pharmcas :)

Have not heard from them, website says regular applicants will start receiving interviews in november since early applicants get interviews starting september.

just a few very simple questions to answer for supplemental. they are a very good school. Good luck!!

Have not heard from them, website says regular applicants will start receiving interviews in november since early applicants get interviews starting september.

just a few very simple questions to answer for supplemental. they are a very good school. Good luck!!

It does state on the site that regular applicants do not get interviewed until November, but I was interviewed September 12th, and I am not early decision. I was the only applicant in my cycle that was not early decision though.

It does state on the site that regular applicants do not get interviewed until November, but I was interviewed September 12th, and I am not early decision. I was the only applicant in my cycle that was not early decision though.

Oh wow! Congrats! Can you share some details about the interview? If you dont mind.

Oh wow! Congrats! Can you share some details about the interview? If you dont mind.

We first meet many different people such as Dr. Maple, Coordinator of Student Affairs, Dr. Woosley, Dr. Evans (the dean), Dr. Jungnickel (Associate dean). They all talk about separate subjects and each applicant introduced themselves to each one of them. Then we had a Group activity where 3 or 4 people are in a group. In the activity, we read ethic questions and must discuss with one another and come to a conclusion about them. Afterwards, we have lunch with some pharmacy students where you can ask them questions. Lastly, we have the one on one interview. Just be yourself and honest in the interview and it will go fine. They probably will ask you a couple of ethic questions, but just be honest in them and it will be fine. Hope this helps.

We first meet many different people such as Dr. Maple, Coordinator of Student Affairs, Dr. Woosley, Dr. Evans (the dean), Dr. Jungnickel (Associate dean). They all talk about separate subjects and each applicant introduced themselves to each one of them. Then we had a Group activity where 3 or 4 people are in a group. In the activity, we read ethic questions and must discuss with one another and come to a conclusion about them. Afterwards, we have lunch with some pharmacy students where you can ask them questions. Lastly, we have the one on one interview. Just be yourself and honest in the interview and it will go fine. They probably will ask you a couple of ethic questions, but just be honest in them and it will be fine. Hope this helps.

Do you mind telling me when you submit the application? September 12 interview is super early for any school i thought.

Thanks for sharing! really appreciate the insights.

Do you mind telling me when you submit the application? September 12 interview is super early for any school i thought.

Thanks for sharing! really appreciate the insights.

Everything was done August 1st. All my references were in, and they had verified my transcript.

Wow, how fast. Do u mind share ur stat? thanks

79 Composite (91 in both chemistry and biology)
3.99 overall gpa (will have chemistry degree in may)

Good Luck in getting in. In your interview, just be yourself and honest and it will go fine.

I submitted for early decision on September 2nd, and I received an invitation to interview on October 10th today! I'm very nervous, but excited that I at least got to this point. My odds are pretty decent for getting accepted if I got an interview... right? :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just accepted an interview for the November 14th interview date. Sooo pumped, can't wait to get down there (from Wisconsin)

i do have another question too...on the pharmcas school info section i believe it says that 184 invitations for interviews were extended, and 170 were accepted for the 2011 cycle. therefore, i assume that receiving an invitation for an interview indicates a very high probability of acceptance as long as you don't royally fail in the interview, as opposed to other schools who extend like 380 invitations and only admit 150 or so. Is this a correct conclusion to derive from these numbers? can anyone corroborate my speculations?

i do have another question too...on the pharmcas school info section i believe it says that 184 invitations for interviews were extended, and 170 were accepted for the 2011 cycle. therefore, i assume that receiving an invitation for an interview indicates a very high probability of acceptance as long as you don't royally fail in the interview, as opposed to other schools who extend like 380 invitations and only admit 150 or so. Is this a correct conclusion to derive from these numbers? can anyone corroborate my speculations?

Don't know about how likely the chances are to get in with that kind of ratio, but WOW...184 invited and 170 accepted. That is amazing...

Accepted an interview for Nov 14th!

man been trying to plan flights in and out of Auburn and it's been a pain in the butt. Not sure if I'll go to the interview anymore.

What's with airports not flying after 5pm???

man been trying to plan flights in and out of Auburn and it's been a pain in the butt. Not sure if I'll go to the interview anymore.

What's with airports not flying after 5pm???
What airports have you been looking at?

The only options I really see are flying into one of the larger cities (Birmingham or Atlanta) and finding additional transportation to Auburn.

What airports have you been looking at?

The only options I really see are flying into one of the larger cities (Birmingham or Atlanta) and finding additional transportation to Auburn.

Montgomery, Columbus, Atlanta, Birmingham. I dont think I am going anymore, i just cant afford spending $6-700 anymore.

I now see what you mean about flights not leaving after 5 or 6 PM.

With the interview lasting past 3 PM, the only real option is to stay another night and get the earliest flight out of there the next day.

I also have an interview for Nov 14, tryin to figure out the whole flight situation lol.. Was thinkin of flyin into Atlanta the night before.. but Atlanta is an hour + away.. what are u guys+gals attending going to do?

hey! I'll be there as well where are you staying...and are you going for the tour of Auburn's Campus early in the morning?

I just put down my deposit and will be enrolling next fall! Does anybody have the link for the facebook group for the class of 2016?

Hi, for those who had went to the interview. I was wondering if there is any writing part to the interview.

Thank you

Hi, for those who had went to the interview. I was wondering if there is any writing part to the interview.

Thank you

There is no writing portion. However, you do have a group activity by answering ethic type questions.

Just accepted an interview for Jan 30th.

Is this the official thread?