AUC question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prowd2beloud147

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does AUC offer grade replacement like that of US Osteopathic Schools? Also, if they do, do they only replace grades from the same institution or can it be from different universities so long as it is the same course?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I see you've found our late-blooming SDN ortho reject!

He is quite passionate about the topic.

You should probably tell them to start at the beginning of the blog though (your link cuts into the middle of his story), there's some very interesting things that Caribgrad addresses regarding the pre-clinical instruction/his application process as well.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
The author of that blog displayed classic behavior of compulsive gamblers....he was Carib-bait all the way.

I just spent the last half hour reading this. Holy crap, that article was SO interesting. If I was this interested by MCAT verbal passages, I might have actually done well in that section. I don't wanna comment on my specific thoughts because I don't want to turn this thread into the "84th DO NOT GO CARIBBEAN THREAD" on SDN, but I will simply say that my heart aches for that poor guy. Damn.

Reactions: 1 users
If you are breathing and can write a tuition check, then that's all the grade replacement you'll need.

I take it that you're comfortable with the idea of being unemployed and deeply in debt?

A little reading assingment for you:
https://milliondollarmistake.wordpress.com/it-doesnt-get-better/
I just sat down and read this entire blog, from beginning to end. WOW! I am actually highly impressed with the level of detail and sadly enough I found it a little humorous (only because of the level of sarcasm).

I do, however, wish to point out that I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO THE CARIBBEAN. In fact, my dream is to attend a DO school. My first few years of college were horrible and I have finally brought my science GPA up to a 3.4 via retakes. This is my FOURTH time applying. Counselors have told me that my high number of retakes posts red flags. I get it, why take me over someone who doesn't have such retakes? This is the reason I looked up foreign schools.

Yet another data point that most pre-med advisors have the brains of a flea.

If we in DO schools didn't like retakes, we'd have to shut down the whole lot of them.

I just sat down and read this entire blog, from beginning to end. WOW! I am actually highly impressed with the level of detail and sadly enough I found it a little humorous (only because of the level of sarcasm).

I do, however, wish to point out that I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO THE CARIBBEAN. In fact, my dream is to attend a DO school. My first few years of college were horrible and I have finally brought my science GPA up to a 3.4 via retakes. This is my FOURTH time applying. Counselors have told me that my high number of retakes posts red flags. I get it, why take me over someone who doesn't have such retakes? This is the reason I looked up foreign schools.

Reactions: 1 user
I have a 28 MCAT, 3.28 (science, which will be updated to a 3.4 in two weeks) and a 3.25 non-science. I am applying to ONLY DO schools as of right now and will only consider the foreign schools (after all these posts) in late January! Thank you everyone for your insight, I really appreciate it!