Auditions Rotations and Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Acerbus

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a similar question was posted recently but I had some specifics I wanted to ask. How many days/ interviews do others do during audition rotations? I have an audition set up and have already 1 interview set up during it (will only take one day off the interview). However, I recently received an interview with only a limited number of days available. Most days don't work for me and the only available day is during that same audition rotation. If I take it, I will miss two days out of the rotation (it is a 4 week rotation). Would this be viewed unfavorably by the residency I'm auditioning at?

Members don't see this ad.

You will be fine with missing 2 days for interviews. These residencies know its interview season and that you will miss a few days... would be unusual to me if a student didnt miss any days during interview season. Lol.

You will be fine with missing 2 days for interviews. These residencies know its interview season and that you will miss a few days... would be unusual to me if a student didnt miss any days during interview season. Lol.

How many days would you say would be the max to miss during an audition without looking terrible? 4? Just curious.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How many days would you say would be the max to miss during an audition without looking terrible? 4? Just curious.

4 is pushing it, but as long as your school allows you to miss 4 days in a rotation, then it's technically fine. I would just schedule my interviews in 2-4 consecutive days towards the end of the rotation so it wouldn't look as bad as missing a day every week... if that makes sense =P

4 is pushing it, but as long as your school allows you to miss 4 days in a rotation, then it's technically fine. I would just schedule my interviews in 2-4 consecutive days towards the end of the rotation so it wouldn't look as bad as missing a day every week... if that makes sense =P

Thanks! Yeah, that makes perfect sense. I have the unfortunate luck of having audition electives in the middle of interview season.