August test-takers considering the October PCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rockinacoustic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel they're in a tight spot to register for the October test? August scores won't be in by the registration deadline, nor the early cancellation deadline, so I'm hesitant to just gamble another $150. I came out of the test feeling pretty good, but I'm scared my scores might be underwhelming.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else feel they're in a tight spot to register for the October test? August scores won't be in by the registration deadline, nor the early cancellation deadline, so I'm hesitant to just gamble another $150. I came out of the test feeling pretty good, but I'm scared my scores might be underwhelming.

In my opinion it is well worth potentially missing out on some cash (even though 150 is a lot of money to me...) to keep options for the future open.

For example, if I don't get into early admission my October will give me a chance to get into the normal admission cycle so it's very critical to me.

I will definitely register for oct. I dont feel too good about the aug exam. A lot of people say it was difficult but yea..reminds me of tests/finals...oh that exam was the hardest ever, and everyone's hitting mid 90s while I'm barely breaking 80.

So I will register and hopefully lose 150.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I counted the days and if the PCAT score from August is available in the same number of days or less (online for $20) as the June scores, the scores will be available the day before the late registration deadline of October 1st. Personally, I would rather see my scores then pay $200 to register for October's PCAT if I'm desperate, rather than sign up for the October PCAT out of fear and not need it.

My 2 cents.

Ok, I counted the days and if the PCAT score from August is available in the same number of days or less (online for $20) as the June scores, the scores will be available the day before the late registration deadline of October 1st. Personally, I would rather see my scores then pay $200 to register for October's PCAT if I'm desperate, rather than sign up for the October PCAT out of fear and not need it.

My 2 cents.

My problem is that the test centers around me fill up MONTHS before even the normal deadlines. The closest one is 4 hours away, and the others are 8-12 hours so it could be very bad if I can't have any sort of a back up plan.

You can check if a center is filled I believe, so keep that in mind.

My problem is that the test centers around me fill up MONTHS before even the normal deadlines. The closest one is 4 hours away, and the others are 8-12 hours so it could be very bad if I can't have any sort of a back up plan.

I had to drive 45 minutes to my test center and was thoroughly annoyed. Some people drive HOURS, damn I feel bad for those people.

I had to drive 45 minutes to my test center and was thoroughly annoyed. Some people drive HOURS, damn I feel bad for those people.

It isn't too bad, I just drive up and spend the night and head to the center in the morning. It's just the night before the test that freaked me out, I had to essentially knock myself out to get a decent night sleep.

I thought late registration was Sept. 23rd?

I signed up for it just in case. I don't want to be put in a situation where I HAVE to apply with the crappy score I made in August. I rather just work my butt of studying again and taking it one more time before I apply. I think it is worth it.

One of my friends was complaining that she had to drive a couple of hours for the nearest test center while her friend got the local one even though her friend signed up later. I suspect that people who took the previous test and are happy with their scores will cancel and open up local spots. A good time to try is right after the PCAT scores come out if you are looking at a long drive because your test center is filled.