Auto rejected from Roseman?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LuckBloodandSweat

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just got an email from Roseman saying that they want a 17 minimum in AA,TS, PAT and RC. On my most recent DAT, I got a 16 on PAT so they say my application is on hold. Does this mean I need to retake it yet again if I want to be considered by them... (I really do not want to retake it and doubt I will be). Should I call/email them about PAT or that wouldn't work?

Members don't see this ad.

Wait, what?
I'm confused as well.
upload_2016-8-19_14-51-45.png

I got a 23 AA on my most recent DAT... I really don't want to retake for PAT but apparently I don't meet their minimum reqs for the DAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just got an email from Roseman saying that they want a 17 minimum in AA,TS, PAT and RC. On my most recent DAT, I got a 16 on PAT so they say my application is on hold. Does this mean I need to retake it yet again if I want to be considered by them... (I really do not want to retake it and doubt I will be). Should I call/email them about PAT or that wouldn't work?
Unfortunately means exactly what it says: your application is on hold until you retake and show a higher PAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Unfortunately means exactly what it says: your application is on hold until you retake and show a higher PAT.
Well... Bye bye Roseman I guess. I'm not retaking a 23 for PAT lol....

Reactions: 2 users
That's just cold. A point difference from the cutoff for just one section is like.. nothing especially with your other scores being considered.. Guess rule is a rule. Hopefully other schools are lucky to have you

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

That's just cold. A point difference from the cutoff for just one section is like.. nothing especially with your other scores being considered.. Guess rule is a rule. Hopefully other schools are lucky to have you

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile
I applied before my DAT retake lol... I met all the minimums then with my considerably lower 20 AA ironically... My GPA isn't too bad based on what their minimum is (3.0 sgpa in last 30 credits is their minimum, I have around a 3.7 sgpa in my last 30 credits)

damn.. you should get those letters in ASAP
There's nothing I can do... School starts up again soon so I'll nag in person then. For now I'm screwed. I've reminded them several times already. Sighs. If I get 0 acceptances this cycle might as well submit June 1st or 2nd next time and maybe retake my DAT (lol really really don't want to do this)

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys are harping about the 23 and Roseman is harping about the 16.

Reactions: 3 users
Well after waiting for so long my committee letter finally got uploaded today! What a stroke of luck (maybe I can get at least 1 or 2 interviews with my bleh stats... my GPA is much worse than my DAT lol)

This is very surprising to me..I've always thought of Roseman as one of the more flexible schools given how they presented themselves during interview day. Yeah, it seems you'll have to retake in order to be considered by them. That being said, you won't be at too much disadvantage should you decide to do so (in terms of being early/late for Roseman). Much of their class is made up of post-dec interviewees.

Edit: Given you have a 23, however, I'd just forget about Roseman.

Do you live nearby to possibly go and visit Roseman? You can go and talk to someone at the school and explain the 1 point difference, it might work.

This. @LuckBloodandSweat , you have a very competitive profile. Sometimes, admissions committees may overlook something accidentally. If you really want Roseman, then try to get in contact with the Dean of Admissions to plead your case.

I hope they overturn the initial decision and give you another chance.

I'm in a similar spot. My last 30 credit hours science GPA fall 0.01 points short of Rosemans requirement. My DAT is all 22 and above. Already tried to appeal my case. They're not flexible. Hard requirements are there for a reason I suppose!

I'm in a similar spot. My last 30 credit hours science GPA fall 0.01 points short of Rosemans requirement. My DAT is all 22 and above. Already tried to appeal my case. They're not flexible. Hard requirements are there for a reason I suppose!
I feel like GPA might be a bit more important than DAT? My GPA is well above what they want in the last 30 credit hours lol. Bad overall but strong for the last year lmfao. It seems they do drive a hard bargain. No worries, I have more than 20 other schools I'm waiting on haha

This. @LuckBloodandSweat , you have a very competitive profile. Sometimes, admissions committees may overlook something accidentally. If you really want Roseman, then try to get in contact with the Dean of Admissions to plead your case.

I hope they overturn the initial decision and give you another chance.
Thanks for being so nice :). I can see why everyone loves you! If I get rejected from every school you might want to eat those words though xD

Thanks for being so nice :). I can see why everyone loves you! If I get rejected from every school you might want to eat those words though xD

I only support people who put in their best effort.

I don't think that you'll be rejected from every school, given your GPA trend and DAT scores.

Stay positive! You just need 1 interview to dazzle them.

I only support people who put in their best effort.

I don't think that you'll be rejected from every school, given your GPA trend and DAT scores.

Stay positive! You just need 1 interview to dazzle them.
Thanks! At this point there's nothing I can do. I submitted everything and my app is complete. It will be an awfully huge disappointment to get into 0 schools with my stats but I always have the fear that my low overall GPAs will hold me back.

Thanks! At this point there's nothing I can do. I submitted everything and my app is complete. It will be an awfully huge disappointment to get into 0 schools with my stats but I always have the fear that my low overall GPAs will hold me back.

I doubt your overall gpa is as low as mine. Your dat will make up for the low gpa anyway. U just finally got your app completed, now you should be good.

I have about a 3.4 lol. It makes me feel awful but we all have different definitions of what's bad I guess. Hoping for the best.

That's not too bad. Do you have anything that makes you stand out? I feel like my ECs are very average as are my stats (GPA below, DAT above I guess).

That's not too bad. Do you have anything that makes you stand out? I feel like my ECs are very average as are my stats (GPA below, DAT above I guess).

Im about as average or below average as you can get. ~150 shadow ~150 volunteer. Gpa way below, dat average. Just got super lucky i guess. N im not URM.

I'ma give you some advice based on my previous experience with admissions--you should re-take. Roseman was nice enough to tell you why they put your application on hold other schools won't make the time and will flat out reject you. First time I applied to dental schools I got 0 interviews and didn't even get into western's msms program (its super competitive though like 6 applicants a yr) cuz I had a 16 on one section of my DAT score (I think ochem)...I took the DAT again and did a bit better--got 5 interviews! Hopefully a school you applied to will look past that, but the reason they don't is because all student scores are open book so they have records for pre-dents to see lowest, highest, and average dat and gpa scores--and u know when someone say's "wow X school accepted a student with a 15 sooo easy to get into" that's where this comes in play not to mention your competing with other applicants without that dimple in their application--cross your fingers there might be a school(s) that will be okay with that! I know some schools have a 16 minimum and should be okay with it--there should be info about what each school's minimum is on their website.

Last edited:
I'ma give you some advice based on my previous experience with admissions--you should re-take. Roseman was nice enough to tell you why they put your application on hold other schools won't make the time and will flat out reject you. First time I applied to dental schools I got 0 interviews and didn't even get into western's msms program (its super competitive though like 6 applicants a yr) cuz I had a 16 on my DAT score..I took the DAT again and did a bit better--got 5 interviews! Hopefully a school you applied to will look past that, but the reason they don't is because all student scores are open book so they have records for pre-dents to see lowest, highest, and average dat and gpa scores--and u know when someone say's "wow X school accepted a student with a 15 sooo easy to get into" that's where this comes in play not to mention your competing with other applicants without that dimple in their application--cross your fingers there might be a school(s) that will be okay with that! I know some schools have a 16 minimum and should be okay with it--there should be info about what each school's minimum is on their website.
Thanks but I'm not retaking. I dont want to risk getting lower than the 23 AA I already have...

Good luck but just keep in mind some schools take minimum requirements seriously.
I know that. Perhaps it's why I haven't had many interviews... More likely its my committee letter getting in late and my low gpa lol.

I know that. Perhaps it's why I haven't had many interviews... More likely its my committee letter getting in late and my low gpa lol.
Checkout interfolio if you need to prepare for the worst. Annual fee, but the service is great. It helped me out a lot cause I got everything in as soon as I got my adsas Id.

Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't like depending on the committee; especially when my professors got my letters done by july probably...

Reactions: 1 user