AVC C/O 2018 Hopefuls!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You may not want to get your hopes up. They're calling for another 15-20cm of snow overnight tonight...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm trying to upload a gif from my phone. Epic fail....

Not sure if any of the people who interviewed today are SDNer's but since they delayed opening UPEI until noon today there was no lunch for them! I saw them bringing food over from somewhere else. :p

Rooting for you Chitty!

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if any of the people who interviewed today are SDNer's but since they delayed opening UPEI until noon today there was no lunch for them! I saw them bringing food over from somewhere else. :p

Rooting for you Chitty!
Me too, Chitty! I haven't forgotten about you! Hope that all goes well for you at PEI today! I'll be stalking the AVC thread, looking for your good news! Here's to a great, big fat acceptance letter (or phone call)!

Reactions: 1 users

All I can think about international applicants today, is that if they can look around at the scenery and NOT run away screaming, they'll survive just fine. Really, this is the WORST winter I've seen here yet, so if you can deal with this, you'll be okay.

All I can think about international applicants today, is that if they can look around at the scenery and NOT run away screaming, they'll survive just fine. Really, this is the WORST winter I've seen here yet, so if you can deal with this, you'll be okay.

Honestly I would call this a normal winter in Buffalo. The only difference is that we don't believe in snow days there - so this has been an added bonus for me!

Honestly I would call this a normal winter in Buffalo. The only difference is that we don't believe in snow days there - so this has been an added bonus for me!

Buffalo? Are you from Buffalo NY?! I am from Rochester NY ! We are like neighbors haha

Buffalo? Are you from Buffalo NY?! I am from Rochester NY ! We are like neighbors haha

Wahoo! There is another girl from Buffalo in second year :)

Wahoo! There is another girl from Buffalo in second year :)
I am originally from Corning, NY!!!!! But I've been living in California for the past 3 years

I've been reading this forum for the longest time and haven't posted until now...but I'm so anxious checking this page everyday for updates :happy: I interviewed a few weeks ago, and I'm so anxious to hear back. Anyone hear anything recently or are students still interviewing?

I think Friday was the last day for interviews. So hopefully this thread exploded soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Potentially this week, probably sometime next week!

I hope so...cause I'm dying! haha

Reactions: 2 users
LOL Sorry! haha There are still a few hours left in the day... :whistle:

Any Atlantic Canadian applicants who are hoping for an interview letter next week? Please tell me I'm not the only one having a panic attack every time I think about it...

Any Atlantic Canadian applicants who are hoping for an interview letter next week? Please tell me I'm not the only one having a panic attack every time I think about it...

Ah nice to see another Atlantic resident come out from their hiding spot. There's at least one other east coaster here. Where are you applying from? Good luck. You should hear something within the next two weeks!

Ah nice to see another Atlantic resident come out from their hiding spot. There's at least one other east coaster here. Where are you applying from? Good luck. You should hear something within the next two weeks!
Thank you Lab Rat83. I'm applying from New Brunswick. I had contacted you last year about gaining vet experience in NB. Thank you so much for your advice. Mature-ish (lol) student applying with an ~85% pre-req average with courses from UNBSJ and STU. Fingers crossed that I will be joining you guys on the island this fall!

Welcome to SDN! Good luck :)

I am feeling pretty nervous! My second year applying to AVC. I am an islander and so hoping i get in ! I have some friends on here (Lab Rat83 I'm looking at you!) I have been creeping for a WHILE now... and finally decided I needed to share my feelings with others who feel the same way !!!
Good Luck! This is my first year applying, NB resident. Hope you get an interview!!

First post!
I've been lurking this whole time, but I got an acceptance this morning! I'm excited to go to AVC :soexcited:

I really hope to meet everyone here in person in the fall!! :cat:

Reactions: 2 users
First post!
I've been lurking this whole time, but I got an acceptance this morning! I'm excited to go to AVC :soexcited:

Congrats!! And welcome to SDN :)

First post!

Congrats! Welcome to SDN (and AVC). See you in August!

This wait is seriously killing me...

Seriously. I'm beginning to feel very defeated, but am staying positive! It ain't over 'til she sings :hug:

I just texted one of the girls I interviewed with and she got accepted last week :/

Go back and read the thread from last year - the advice is the same: breathe, and try your best to be patient :) Just because you haven't heard yet doesn't mean you're rejected! Even if you make the waitlist, it moves quite a bit. Keep your chins up guys!

Go back and read the thread from last year - the advice is the same: breathe, and try your best to be patient :) Just because you haven't heard yet doesn't mean you're rejected! Even if you make the waitlist, it moves quite a bit. Keep your chins up guys!

QTF. I was convinced that I was rejected last year and then I got an early offer! If you haven't gotten an email, it's not over yet!

Yay! I also applied from NB!! Good luck :D

The longer I wait not hearing the easier it is to convince myself that its not worth putting myself $300,000 in debt to go to vet school. Hopefully I'll hear something before I completely talk myself out of it...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who feels that way haha

For any Canadian applicants expecting interview letters....Jack said they will not likely be mailed out until late next week. And the wait continues....

Thanks for the update! I was getting antsy and I'm not even an applicant!