AVC c/o 2020 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you! And no not attending for sure yet... I have interviews at Iowa, Tennessee, Tufts, and Auburn coming up and I like all of the schools for different reasons. Iowa and Tennessee I like a little bit more than the others but honestly I'm not sure. I do really love the feel I got from AVC (like the community feeling, location, etc) though so as I go to the other schools I'll see how they compare. I'm from Massachusetts! I hope you get good news soon:)

Thank you :hardy:! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

How exciting! Best of luck to ya for those upcoming interviews! And I totally know what you mean by liking something different about each and every school we applied to! That's what always made it hard for me to rank them in my mind because they each brought something awesome to the table :) The only reason why I'd choose Western over AVC is because of locality to home (maybe not so much of a benefit? lol) and their unique PBL program! I have been IN LOVE with it since I heard about it during undergrad! But either way, I am just so happy right now :happy: After getting rejected from Oregon and Colorado in the same week, I thought that was going to be the story of my life this application round, but that proves that we should NEVER lose hope! Things WILL work out as long as we keep fighting for them!

Members don't see this ad.

How exciting! Best of luck to ya for those upcoming interviews! And I totally know what you mean by liking something different about each and every school we applied to! That's what always made it hard for me to rank them in my mind because they each brought something awesome to the table :) The only reason why I'd choose Western over AVC is because of locality to home (maybe not so much of a benefit? lol) and their unique PBL program! I have been IN LOVE with it since I heard about it during undergrad! But either way, I am just so happy right now :happy: After getting rejected from Oregon and Colorado in the same week, I thought that was going to be the story of my life this application round, but that proves that we should NEVER lose hope! Things WILL work out as long as we keep fighting for them!

Thank you! Yeah I'm glad someone feels the same way about ranking the schools they applied to. Although after being at Tennessee this weekend it may be tough to not rank it as number one I really loved it! Congrats on Western that's really awesome! I can imagine after getting some bad news in one week how that made a difference. I have a few friends that go there and love it! Have you heard back from AVC yet?

I just got my letter and was accepted!! :love: I hope everyone else hears soon!!

Unless I get pulled of the waitlist for WesternU, AVC will be my home!! Wow, that feels so good to say!

I only applied to 4 programs (Western, Colorado, Oregon, and AVC) because I loved something different about each and every one of them and could really see myself being happy in those places!

I totally missed this post when responding to your other one I'm sorry but CONGRATS:clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my letter and was accepted!! :love: I hope everyone else hears soon!!

Unless I get pulled of the waitlist for WesternU, AVC will be my home!! Wow, that feels so good to say!

I only applied to 4 programs (Western, Colorado, Oregon, and AVC) because I loved something different about each and every one of them and could really see myself being happy in those places!

Congrats!!!! :D

I got my letter on Friday and was selected as an alternate. Not surprising, seeing as I haven't taken Microbio yet (and have to take it online since my undergrad doesn't offer it). I was afraid that not having that pre-req completed would get me a rejection, so I'm happy it didn't!! Does anyone know if AVC lets applicants know their spot on the waitlist? And how quickly the waitlist moves?

I got my letter on Friday and was selected as an alternate. Not surprising, seeing as I haven't taken Microbio yet (and have to take it online since my undergrad doesn't offer it). I was afraid that not having that pre-req completed would get me a rejection, so I'm happy it didn't!! Does anyone know if AVC lets applicants know their spot on the waitlist? And how quickly the waitlist moves?
They don't tell you where you are. And the wait list typically moves a lot for Americans but not until Mar/Apr as other schools release their decisions and other wait lists move.

They don't tell you where you are. And the wait list typically moves a lot for Americans but not until Mar/Apr as other schools release their decisions and other wait lists move.

Okay, thank you! Bummer that I can't find out my spot, I'm so curious lol

I totally missed this post when responding to your other one I'm sorry but CONGRATS:clap:
hehe thank youuu! :love: What about Tennessee made you fall in love with it while you were there? The program? The location? And how do ya think your interview went?!

Thanks so much!! :love: And congrats for being an alternate! :D Yeah pre-req stuff is just such a mess!! I'm so thankful that my undergrad institution offered pretty much everything and that I was pushed to take like every possible pre-req by my bf haha:smuggrin: It has come quite in handy!

Reactions: 1 user
hehe thank youuu! :love: What about Tennessee made you fall in love with it while you were there? The program? The location? And how do ya think your interview went?!

The facilities totally blew me away! The large animal hospital is new and has all state of the art equipment. My interest is in large animal so I'm pretty sure my jaw was dropped the entire tour :laugh: Also the vibe of all the people was really relaxed. The students are all really collaborative and say they're like family. I liked Knoxville a lot too! I think the interview went okay. They had a bank of questions that they had to ask so it was a little more segmented than conversational. It was also really laid back which in the beginning threw me off a bit but overall I think I did reasonably well. They interviewed 200 OOS for only 25 seats though so we'll see what happens

@olive. Congrats on the alternate spot!! Pre-reqs can be annoying but I'm glad you found a microbio class online.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh that's awesome! :D That sounds like it would be a wonderful place for you! Best of luck to getting one of those 25 spots! Everyday I am reminded just how crazy competitive this whole process is :dead:

Hi everyone, I just got an official acceptance off of the waitlist! Does anyone have any suggestions on looking into housing, etc? I wish I had written down contact info for my student ambassador while there. I have wanted to go to this school after attending a competition there 12 years ago- I was so upset about the waitlist but it all came together!

Hi everyone, I just got an official acceptance off of the waitlist! Does anyone have any suggestions on looking into housing, etc? I wish I had written down contact info for my student ambassador while there. I have wanted to go to this school after attending a competition there 12 years ago- I was so upset about the waitlist but it all came together!

The class ahead of you should be setting up an incoming class Facebook page soon where you can get information on housing. Kijiji.ca is the Canadian version of Craigslist but there isn't going to be a lot out there at this time of year. I'd wait for the FB group :)

Also housing in PEI doesn't get advertised months in advance. It's more like weeks. So most things advertised right now will be for May or June at the earliest.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Shameless post: I am currently a first year at AVC and have two rooms for rent next year :) I live in a large 4 bedroom near downtown (about 6-7 minute drive to AVC). My boyfriend and I are from San Francisco and thought we would LOVE to have a big house after years of apartment living, but one of my dogs has severe IVDD and can't make it upstairs (which has a master bedroom, two smaller bedrooms and a bathroom with clawfoot tub). If anyone is interested or has questions about anything PEI/AVC related, feel free to PM me! Also, I found my place on kijiji in July of last year and moved in mid-August. Hope that helps!

Hi! has anyone (canadian applicants) heard back yet about an interview?

Any international students have any advice for the interview? Since they changed the process this year, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm hearing a lot of different rumours.

Any international students have any advice for the interview? Since they changed the process this year, I'm not sure what to expect. I'm hearing a lot of different rumours.

It's incredibly laid back. Mine was just a conversation about my experiences and once I started talking all of my nerves went away and I really enjoyed it! It seemed like they were looking to see how well you understand the veterinary profession based on your experiences and just wanted to get to know you a little bit more. Essentially try not to stress about it because it was one of my favorite interviews that I had!

It's incredibly laid back. Mine was just a conversation about my experiences and once I started talking all of my nerves went away and I really enjoyed it! It seemed like they were looking to see how well you understand the veterinary profession based on your experiences and just wanted to get to know you a little bit more. Essentially try not to stress about it because it was one of my favorite interviews that I had!

Awesome, thanks so much! How did you find the new computerized test?
The interview day is all I can think about!! Still a month away :laugh:

Hello! I have a couple questions for those who may know a thing or two about the Canadian application/admissions process..

Does anyone know exactly how many applicants AVC takes from NL each year? I have always heard either 2 or 3 from friends who were applicants or from reading threads of previous years here on SDN, but I've never recieved a definitive answer. Wondering if it is in fact 2 or if it's 3...

I'm also hoping someone might be able to give me some insight into how exactly AVC selects people for an interview. Is it based solely on the academic average they calculate from the 10 prescribed courses + most recent full time year? Do they take academic history into account at that point? I'm an Atlantic Canadian with a horrendous academic history that I am currently in the process of trying to fix after taking some time off. I'm re-taking failed courses and taking higher level courses in order to replace my poorly done courses. I haven't applied yet but I guess what I'm wondering is will they possibly not even give me an interview based on my academic past or do they only take into consideration the average calculated for those particular courses when selecting candidates to interview and then really look at things like history during the interview when they could perhaps ask for an explanation? I know the admissions process has different components that are weighted differently such as the interview and the GRE, etc. But I don't see anything about how/when academic history is evaluated. Will they even consider me once I get all my courses back in order? Is this the kind of question I could contact someone at AVC with? I know this thread isn't terribly active this year but if there is anyone out there who has answers/advice for me it would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Hello! I have a couple questions for those who may know a thing or two about the Canadian application/admissions process..

Does anyone know exactly how many applicants AVC takes from NL each year? I have always heard either 2 or 3 from friends who were applicants or from reading threads of previous years here on SDN, but I've never recieved a definitive answer. Wondering if it is in fact 2 or if it's 3...

I'm also hoping someone might be able to give me some insight into how exactly AVC selects people for an interview. Is it based solely on the academic average they calculate from the 10 prescribed courses + most recent full time year? Do they take academic history into account at that point? I'm an Atlantic Canadian with a horrendous academic history that I am currently in the process of trying to fix after taking some time off. I'm re-taking failed courses and taking higher level courses in order to replace my poorly done courses. I haven't applied yet but I guess what I'm wondering is will they possibly not even give me an interview based on my academic past or do they only take into consideration the average calculated for those particular courses when selecting candidates to interview and then really look at things like history during the interview when they could perhaps ask for an explanation? I know the admissions process has different components that are weighted differently such as the interview and the GRE, etc. But I don't see anything about how/when academic history is evaluated. Will they even consider me once I get all my courses back in order? Is this the kind of question I could contact someone at AVC with? I know this thread isn't terribly active this year but if there is anyone out there who has answers/advice for me it would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks.

The best you can do is to contact Jack MacDougall (Professional Schools Admissions Coordinator-University of Prince Edward Island)
[email protected]
902-566-0608
He has the right answers for all of yours questions.

Awesome, thanks so much! How did you find the new computerized test?
The interview day is all I can think about!! Still a month away :laugh:

The test was the first thing I did for interview day after the little welcome speech so it was overwhelming mainly just because it was really long...like 300 questions or something like that. It is all just questions you have to answer with your first instinct so it's not hard just a little overwhelming if you overthink things like I do :laugh: but once I got past the first page I settled in and it was fine!

Thanks again! I can't wait to see the university.

They take three students per year, however that can vary because taking three only means they have "three seats". Some students choose to defer once accepted (often to finish the last year of their degree if they are in their final year of study), this results in fewer seats in the following year. The AVC typically invites twice as many students as they have seats for. For example, if they have three seats, they invite six. The interviews are given based solely on the calculated average from your courses and the GRE. Your marks in the past should have no effect, they will take the current year's marks (which will be the marks you recieve from Fall 2015- Winter 2015), the other courses will be the top ten marks in the prerequisite courses. Remember that for a course to count you need to be taking three courses (full-time).

Room for rent in 3bd 1.5 bath townhouse across the street from UPEI. Deck with fenced in yard and washer/dryer. Ideal for someone without a car as our driveway is full (there is free street parking but not when it snows) and someone without a pet since we already have two dogs. The walk to campus, grocery store and bus stop is all less than 5 minutes. Some furniture (bed and desk) is available as well. Lease goes July-May
Rent: $383/month everything included (even internet and heat!)

Good luck to all the Canadians that interviewed on Monday!

So I have a question for any international students that got moved off the wait-list. Does our tuition deposit have to be received before the 10 day decision dead line, or just post marked? I received an acceptance offer on Friday 4/22, and sent in my deposit on 4/26 through Western Union which can take up to 6 business days. I've called and emailed a few people, but have received no replies. Now I'm just panicking that they revoked my spot because my deposit took so long to get there. So anyone know anything?

So I have a question for any international students that got moved off the wait-list. Does our tuition deposit have to be received before the 10 day decision dead line, or just post marked? I received an acceptance offer on Friday 4/22, and sent in my deposit on 4/26 through Western Union which can take up to 6 business days. I've called and emailed a few people, but have received no replies. Now I'm just panicking that they revoked my spot because my deposit took so long to get there. So anyone know anything?

Just to be safe, I'd give the registrar a call once again as soon as you can to directly speak to someone. I know that when I sent my deposit in at the end of march, it took roughly over a week for it to be fully received and processed. And let me tell you, for some reason I was crazy panicked and called/emailed everyone I could to insure that damn deposit made it there before Apr 15th! So I totallyyyy understand where you're come from! I can't imagine that they'd penalize you if it was post marked at such an early time though. :cat: I'm sure everything will be okay! And congratulations btw on you acceptance!!!! :love: What state are you coming from as an international student? I'm traveling all the way from California :smuggrin: haha

Has there been anyone else who has heard yet from the international wait list? If not, don't lose hope!!

And I hope that interviews went well for all the Canadian applicants as well! When are you guys supposed to be hearing back in regards to decisions??

Jack said we are likely to hear around the 15th of June. Its going to be a long month(+) of waiting

Just to be safe, I'd give the registrar a call once again as soon as you can to directly speak to someone. I know that when I sent my deposit in at the end of march, it took roughly over a week for it to be fully received and processed. And let me tell you, for some reason I was crazy panicked and called/emailed everyone I could to insure that damn deposit made it there before Apr 15th! So I totallyyyy understand where you're come from! I can't imagine that they'd penalize you if it was post marked at such an early time though. :cat: I'm sure everything will be okay! And congratulations btw on you acceptance!!!! :love: What state are you coming from as an international student? I'm traveling all the way from California :smuggrin: haha

Has there been anyone else who has heard yet from the international wait list? If not, don't lose hope!!

And I hope that interviews went well for all the Canadian applicants as well! When are you guys supposed to be hearing back in regards to decisions??

Thanks for the reassuring words!! I'm making lots of calls, but keep getting voice mails. :( I am coming from Colorado, and am actually accepted to Western U. AVC is my first choice, so I am waiting for confirmation that every things clear to pass my Western spot on!

Thanks for the reassuring words!! I'm making lots of calls, but keep getting voice mails. :( I am coming from Colorado, and am actually accepted to Western U. AVC is my first choice, so I am waiting for confirmation that every things clear to pass my Western spot on!

I hope that you're able to talk to someone soon! Usually Sharon gets back to me immediately when I email her so I'm not sure what's going on there :confused: maybe she's out of office or sick. I'm sure it will work out though! Everyone there is so nice and helpful!

May I ask why AVC is your fist choice? It's really funny because initially western was mine because of their crazy unique program, but then I fell in love with AVC while i was there. Although I accepted my spot for AVC (with all the excitement in the world), I'm still on the wait list for Western and if I get called off, I'll be left with a super difficult choice. I love both the schools so much for different reasons! It's so funny because you seem to be in the exact opposite situation :D I'm so excited that you'll be joining me at AVC!! I don't think I'll take Western'S offer now even if I do get called off, but like I said, it's not going to be an easy decision!

Jack said we are likely to hear around the 15th of June. Its going to be a long month(+) of waiting
Ilike
I totally understand that!!! The waiting part is the worst!!!!! :X3: I can't wait for you, and everyone else, to hear back!! I wish everyone the best of luck!!! :love:

I hope that you're able to talk to someone soon! Usually Sharon gets back to me immediately when I email her so I'm not sure what's going on there :confused: maybe she's out of office or sick. I'm sure it will work out though! Everyone there is so nice and helpful!

May I ask why AVC is your fist choice? It's really funny because initially western was mine because of their crazy unique program, but then I fell in love with AVC while i was there. Although I accepted my spot for AVC (with all the excitement in the world), I'm still on the wait list for Western and if I get called off, I'll be left with a super difficult choice. I love both the schools so much for different reasons! It's so funny because you seem to be in the exact opposite situation :D I'm so excited that you'll be joining me at AVC!! I don't think I'll take Western'S offer now even if I do get called off, but like I said, it's not going to be an easy decision!

My deposit is on the way, and my spot is safe!!! :) It was definitely a difficult decision. The big factors for me were the area and accreditation. I did not like the Pomona area at all, but loved Charlottetown. Also AVC is internationally accredited, and with my boyfriend being a UK citizen, there are a lot more options with AVC. Plus I did no like the idea of all the driving with Western. All in all I think Western would have a better program for what I want to do (Zoo/Wildlife), but I wanted a nice place to call home for the next for years. Good luck to you, and hope to see you in Canada.

My deposit is on the way, and my spot is safe!!! :) It was definitely a difficult decision. The big factors for me were the area and accreditation. I did not like the Pomona area at all, but loved Charlottetown. Also AVC is internationally accredited, and with my boyfriend being a UK citizen, there are a lot more options with AVC. Plus I did no like the idea of all the driving with Western. All in all I think Western would have a better program for what I want to do (Zoo/Wildlife), but I wanted a nice place to call home for the next for years. Good luck to you, and hope to see you in Canada.

Yayyyy!! That's wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you!! :D

Yeah I couldn't STAND Pomona! I'm NOT a southern california kind of girl, and the area to boot is just unfortunately so ghetto :dead: Charlottetown was breathtaking to me, and the food there was amazing!! Haha. I'm big on being happy where I'll be living for the next 4 years also, and that was a giant part for why AVC became my favorite! And yes! The international accreditation is a very big bonus! I myself want to focus on zoo/wildlife medicine as well, and knew Western would have some awesome stuff for that, but I know we'll find opportunities at AVC :cat: I was looking at their clubs and they have some good stuff! And with the option for international rotations 4th year, we'll be golden :love: I look so forward to meeting you, and officially being classmates at the end of August!! Good luck to you with all the moving stuff and all the preparations for our first year of vet school!!! :hardy::hardy: Wow, that's more exciting to say than I thought! Hehe

Any Canadian applicants here just waiting to hear? Its brutal!

Dizzyy, I just turned down a spot at Western (got off the waitlist) to stay with AVC- such a hard choice! I loved their program, the weather, and the area of the country- not Pomona itself but surrounding areas. Really tough call, but for me Canada it is! Super excited!

Dizzyy, I just turned down a spot at Western (got off the waitlist) to stay with AVC- such a hard choice! I loved their program, the weather, and the area of the country- not Pomona itself but surrounding areas. Really tough call, but for me Canada it is! Super excited!

Omg that's so wonderful to hear! I'm so excited that you'll be joining us in Canada!!! :love: In the end, AVC is just such an awesome place/school and I can't see myself giving up my spot there if I get called off the wait list at Western either. It will be a tough choice just because of how much closer to home Western is and how unique their PBL is, but overall I think AVC will be a bigger adventure and we'll have the opportunity to experience more unique stuff all around :happy: And 4th year rotations seem AMAZING! Haha. Annnnd I think it's awesome how we have a course dedicated to animal welfare our first semester! That's an area where I have a unique interest!

What's your emphasis as of now satine? And where in the US are you coming from? It's so wonderful to have the pleasure to speak with you guys and get acquainted like this before we're officially classmates in August! Hehe :love:

And omg this sounds so weird but what is everyone planning on wearing to our blue coat ceremony? My mind has been firing like crazy in preparation for the school year and everything that comes with it!! :eek:

Does anyone have any idea how much the domestic waitlist moves? I can't find any sources for it...

Does anyone have any idea how much the domestic waitlist moves? I can't find any sources for it...

I have no idea but I don't think it moves very much as most Atlantic students only apply to AVC. Some people do deferr their acceptance for a year but I would think those numbers vary every year. You could always call Jack and ask him.

Dizzyy I'm in NH, about 10-12 hour drive from AVC. I was there several times for other things and have loved the school and PEI for some time. Much of it sounds great. I know several grads and hear nothing but great things! I'm really starting to get excited!

I'll probably wear my graduation dress to the ceremony, I'm already poor and about to be a whole lot poorer... ugh. It will be worth it though!

Now I just need to find a place to live. Then my stress level will go down.

Dizzyy I'm in NH, about 10-12 hour drive from AVC. I was there several times for other things and have loved the school and PEI for some time. Much of it sounds great. I know several grads and hear nothing but great things! I'm really starting to get excited!

I'll probably wear my graduation dress to the ceremony, I'm already poor and about to be a whole lot poorer... ugh. It will be worth it though!

Now I just need to find a place to live. Then my stress level will go down.

Omg right?! The whole idea of moving/finding a place there raises my stress levels a bit too! Haha. I have to say though that an AVC grad on the forum helped me out immensely with finding a place! She recommended looking into homes that are used as vacation rentals during the summer, but that are rented out during the school year! I found an awesome loft in downtown that's fully furnished and everything using the home away app! So yeah! There's always that option :smuggrin:

And I'm so glad to hear that you've heard nothing but great things from grads! Living in cali, hardly anyone knows of AVC or any east coast schools and I deff don't know of a single soul personally who has been through vet school outside of the doctors I've worked for! And the majority of them came from Davis lol. One came from Western and she was from the east coast and had nothing but great things to say about AVC :happy:

I was thinking of wearing my graduation dress also! Haha that stupid thing was expensive and I I only wore it for that event so maybe I can get my money's worth wearing it a second time! :wideyed:

Does anyone know if they sell AVC embroidered scrubs in the campus bookstore? And what kind of medical equipment is everyone investing in over the summer before school starts? Like stethoscopes, etc? I'm trying to make a list over here of all the stuff I need to be bringing with me from cali! It helps calm my nerves a bit :love: haha

So how did you find your place? Can you give me a few tips? I'm holding off on getting stuff until I know exactly what I will need. I already have a stethoscope and tons of scrubs from my current job. I've heard that reps come to the schools and offer deals in the US so hopefully they do up there too?

We didn't have any reps come. I'd be amazed if they knew PEI existed haha. As far as I remember, no embroidered scrubs in the bookstore, but you'll get one when you start classes. You shouldn't need much in the way of instruments or stethoscopes right off the bat - and your scrubs will be mostly for anatomy lab, ao hold off on anything fancy for now.

So how did you find your place? Can you give me a few tips? I'm holding off on getting stuff until I know exactly what I will need. I already have a stethoscope and tons of scrubs from my current job. I've heard that reps come to the schools and offer deals in the US so hopefully they do up there too?

I used an app called "HomeAway" and messaged pretty much every owner of each loft/small house in Charlottetown I was interested in to see if they rented them out during the months from Sept to May, and if they did, were they available! :D Everyone was super nice and lots of them did in fact rent out during those months! Some were more pricey because they were actual 2 bedroom homes and stuff, but the lofts were pretty well priced considering they're fully furnished, lovely, and in downtown! I'm sure next year I'll go for something a bit cheaper, my rent is 700 usd, but this loft seems like it will be a good transitional home for me :happy:

and thanks for the heads up Coquette!! I wont go all crazy with my scrub/medical instrument purchases quite yet ;) I think I'll have to at least by a couple new pairs of scrubs to celebrate though! :soexcited:

Did you spend anytime in the teaching hospital your first year Coquette? And how was the overall adjustment for you as as a first year vet student?

I have a really random question for all of you... how weird do you think it will be to show up to our first year of vet school with pink hair? I'm quite eccentric when it comes to hair, piercings, and tattoos... haha :love:

Haha Dizzyy, I've toned mine down for work but plan on doing something crazy like blue and green or rainbow to celebrate! I have toned down the piercings and all my tatts are easily covered. I think it may be one of my last chances to have really wild hair so I'm planning on going for it!

I have a really random question for all of you... how weird do you think it will be to show up to our first year of vet school with pink hair? I'm quite eccentric when it comes to hair, piercings, and tattoos... haha :love:
It won't be weird. Go for it. You probably won't even get a second glance.

Does anyone know if they sell AVC embroidered scrubs in the campus bookstore? And what kind of medical equipment is everyone investing in over the summer before school starts? Like stethoscopes, etc? I'm trying to make a list over here of all the stuff I need to be bringing with me from cali! It helps calm my nerves a bit :love: haha

You'll want to get your dissection kit, scalpel blades and gloves for anatomy at some point but I'd wait until you get there - they have them in a little package at the bookstore. Cover-alls and rubber boots too, but you can get those in PEI too. Won't need a stethoscope for a bit but SDN has a ton of threads about which to get/are preferable if you want to browse :)

Yayyyy okay! Thanks everyone!! I'll wear my pink hair with all the pride in the world then!! :soexcited:

@Satine777 yes!!!! Go for the rainbow hair!!!! Let's all live it up and express ourselves :D hehehe!

@that redhead thank you so much for the input about supplies! I'll deff get that stuff there once I've relocated to the island ;) And now I'm gonna go obsess over the stethoscope forums... :cat: