Average LCSW salary in New England?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
H

Healthcare102

What is the average LCSW salary in New England area? I keep reading how low paying social work jobs even with a masters are and I am.wondering just how low they are?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried entering that or a particular state into Google? It's a pretty specific question and salaries can be all over the place even in the same town; anywhere from $30,000.00 to $60,000.00 depending on setting (e.g., community mental health, state/federal hospital) would be a fair guesstimate. There are also plenty of threads, one fairly recently, on the topic of salary in general. That might give you a better idea of salary potential. You might also consider trying websites like Indeed or GlassDoor, although I'm not sure how accurate a representation the figure they provide is. The NASW has a yearly(ish) salary survey that breaks down self-reported averages into every category possible, including region. I'd check that out as well.

Reactions: 1 user