Average salary for associate dentists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ellabelle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I do realize that my question is a little bit broad because the income level varies from state to state but I just wanted to know how much an associate dentist who has recently graduated from dental school would make in the first few years.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think you're going to find a solid answer since it'll vary significantly I'd probably say $90-140k depending on area (metro vs rural), setting (private vs corporate), and experience (fresh out vs AEGD/GPR).

$50k-$150k average. You're only pre-dental? By the time you graduate from dental school, your $600K debt will probably enslave you to that same range for quite a few years.

Members don't see this ad :)
$50k-$150k average. You're only pre-dental? By the time you graduate from dental school, your $600K debt will probably enslave you to that same range for quite a few years.

Where? In New York or LA? That is outrageous!
Where I am, I can expect <$250K in debt and $100-150k/year for an associate, without GPR,

Reactions: 1 user
Just now I realized, the mean pay for a dentist will come around $100k to $150k.

I have heard from students from my school who are starting out a range from 90k-150k.