Average time from secondary to interview offer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BeLikeBueller

Doctor of Comic Relief
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I know there are a couple other threads about this, but I couldn't find any recent ones.

For those of you who have gotten interviews this year, what was the average turn-around time from your secondary completion to the interview offer?

I had one interview offer before I had even submitted the secondary (which I hope is a good sign), but I haven't heard anything from any other schools.

Also, before you say "It's completely random and depends on blah, blah, blah..." - I know that too. I'm just curious to see what the going rate has been so far.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I got one the day after I submitted the secondary for my state school and one from Drexel a week after I sent in the secondary. Still silence from over 20 schools.

Reactions: 1 users
For me, shortest was around 1 week and longest was about 2.5 months.

On average, maybe a month?

Members don't see this ad :)
My fastest was ~1 week (happened a few times), longest has been ~2.5 months I think. I'd say on average, ~3-4 weeks probably. I've kept track of all the dates I was complete and got interview invites on my MDApps if you're curious.

One interview I got 5 days after completion, another I got about 5 weeks later. Still waiting to hear back from other schools.

I think my shortest was somewhere around 2 weeks and my longest (so far, of course) was somewhere around 2 months.

~ 2 weeks and ~1 month. Both were within a day of each other.

As short as <1 day, and as long as >2.5 months

All of mine were about 3-4 on average. Longest was Drexel, ~6 weeks.

Shortest for me was 10 days. Longest was near 2 months, but I have silence from pretty much all of the schools outside of my state.

My shortest was 12 hours after my secondary was submitted. Longest (not counting silence) was 2.5 months and my third interview was a month.

Not much of a pattern but the average for me was probably about a month.

Members don't see this ad :)
My shortest was 5 days before submitting the secondary. And it was my top choice. Yeah, I was surprised too.

My other three occurred about two weeks, a month and a half, and 2.5 months after submitting.

Shortest was the next day, longest was 2 months

Shortest for me was 3 days. Longest was approximately 2 months. My average turnaround is probably 2 weeks.

Shortest 5 days, and longest 49 days. I have an excel spreadsheet that I keep.

I just did this all in Excel the other day and mine is ~2 months. Between 40-80 days. I do have high MCAT low GPA syndrome so that may be something to consider.

Me too! Love google spreadsheets
Agreed, I like how you can plug in dates and then subtract them from each other to figure it out!

I tried to get fancy and make a timeline but then it go too hard. I made a really ugly one. Didn't tell me much though.

Last edited:
do you guys know where we are in the application cycle in terms of interview invites being handed out? i was complete in late july/early august for most schools and have heard nothing from the majority of schools so far

I just did this all in Excel the other day and mine is ~2 months. Between 40-80 days. I do have high MCAT low GPA syndrome so that may be something to consider.

How high/low are we talking? Can you give me your GPa and complete dates for this II's?

I have only 2 holds and 2 rejections from 26 schools so far. Complete at many mid August. 37 mcat 3.37 sGPA and 3.55 cgpa. Decent-low ECs.

Posted using SDN Mobile

I also want to know where we are in the application cycle in terms of interview invites being handed out?

It is so frustrated to hear that even students who have 37 mcat don't have IIs.

How high/low are we talking? Can you give me your GPa and complete dates for this II's?

I have only 2 holds and 2 rejections from 26 schools so far. Complete at many mid August. 37 mcat 3.37 sGPA and 3.55 cgpa. Decent-low ECs.

Posted using SDN Mobile
Our numbers are in the same ballpark. I was complete everywhere by August pretty much. I think my story/unique ECs/recommendations have been a distinguishing feature.

Sorry EDIT: I put some dates in a month after I got the II, whoops. So my range is 20-80 days now the average is around a month and a half.