Avoidant Personality Disorder Scales

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PsychBiker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking for an assessment for Avoidant Personality Disorder to use in informal research. I need a quick self-report screener, preferably under 20 items. Anyone know of any?

I found this: http://www.psymed.info/default.aspx?m=test&id=72&l=3

But I cannot find any citations for this "test," anyone know where its from?

I would appreciate some help on this.

Members don't see this ad.

Perhaps you could use the subscales from the PAI or the SNAP-2?

I've had trouble with this as well. In the past I've used a combination of brief measures that make up components of AvPD (e.g. The SPIN for social anxiety/phobia). It's amazing how little research there is on a relatively common PD.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am considering doing a survey looking to correlate Avoidant PD to Online Gaming Disorder without using a full personality measure (or paying for a measure), but its been difficult to put this together.

The PDQ-4 is a free measure of PD. The entire measure is 99 items but you could just utilize the AVD items. They basically just include the diagnostic criteria, in a true-false format. There is another measure--the Five Factor Avoidant Inventory but it is significantly longer than what it sounds like you're looking for.

Thanks guys but I decided to remove the personality portion out of my research.