Away at Umiami or Jefferson

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brianmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone done a radonc away at either jeff or umiami? I am curious about the experience and if it is easy to get to know faculty etc..?

Members don't see this ad.

I was considering applying to Thomas Jefferson for an away as I have family close by and my sister attends PA school there. However, while the radiation oncology page advertises doing an away rotation and seems encouraging of students visiting their department, the main page for visiting students at Thomas Jefferson specifically says that there are no opportunities available in radiation oncology. I tried to e-mail the contact listed for the Radiation Oncology page but the e-mail address was different than the name listed, and I never heard back. Just curious - did you ever find anything out about rotating at Thomas Jefferson or does anyone know why this apparent discrepancy exists? Feel free to send a PM.

I was considering applying to Thomas Jefferson for an away as I have family close by and my sister attends PA school there. However, while the radiation oncology page advertises doing an away rotation and seems encouraging of students visiting their department, the main page for visiting students at Thomas Jefferson specifically says that there are no opportunities available in radiation oncology. I tried to e-mail the contact listed for the Radiation Oncology page but the e-mail address was different than the name listed, and I never heard back. Just curious - did you ever find anything out about rotating at Thomas Jefferson or does anyone know why this apparent discrepancy exists? Feel free to send a PM.
Yes there is a form on the main Jefferson visiting students site!

I found the application form I believe you are referring to, but what I was referring to is found here:
http://www.jefferson.edu/university...trar/ClinicalElectives/ClinicalElectives.html
If you visit the "main Jefferson visiting students site" in addition to the application you referenced it also instructs you to complete the "Thomas Jefferson University Registrar's form for either domestic students or international students". When you go to the registrar's website to find that form, it indicates (link above) that "The following departments will have no elective positions available:", after which Radiation Oncology is listed fourth. This seemed a little confusing in contrast with the actual Radiation Oncology site which welcomed visiting students and seems flexible. I'm sorry I wasn't more specific in my previous post.
Luckily, someone contacted me from Thomas Jefferson who was very helpful and I am currently in the process of finding out if it is possible for a student to be accommodated. I wish you the best brianmed in setting up aways.

Last edited: