Away residency + no ring: do I go too?

concerned_girlfriend

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
_______

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Wait, you've only been together 5 months? Of course there has been no talk of marriage. 5 months is WAY too soon for anything like that. You have over a year to figure this out if you will have been dating for 18 months by the time he goes. You have plenty of time to figure this out.

Reactions: 1 user
I second WTF on this. That initial relationship magic is still all fresh. You're going to need to give it more time before you get a real feel for how things will settle out. Once you're another year down the road, I'd start really thinking about how you feel about the relationship, and work from there. It's just way too soon to be thinking about these sorts of things. Good luck, hopefully things work out for the best!

Especially since this relationship is already long distance ("he is away?") No way would I pick up my life and move for someone who I had not lived with (or at LEAST spent a considerable amount of time in person with). No way in hell.

What is a "green SOMS.." is this some newfangled slang or an acronym I don't know?