AZ MPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lid04pp1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, Anyone has any recommendation for AZ MPJE exam? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have any recommendations, but have you gotten your ATT yet? AZ Board of Pharmacy seems to be particularly slow.

I don't have any recommendations, but have you gotten your ATT yet? AZ Board of Pharmacy seems to be particularly slow.
Yes, I got it yesterday. I was wondering if anyone have Dr. Gurney Pharmacy Law and Public policy handbook from Midwestern. I heard it's pretty good study material

Yes, I got it yesterday. I was wondering if anyone have Dr. Gurney Pharmacy Law and Public policy handbook from Midwestern. I heard it's pretty good study material

Hi! Did you take the exam (AZ MPJE) yet? Please share any preparation materials/tips! Thanks so much!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Did you take the exam (AZ MPJE) yet? Please share any preparation materials/tips! Thanks so much!!!

Not yet. I am doing it in Sept. I am not sure how AZ law is. I heard people said it's not hard, but then MPJE just updated ...WHen are you taking yours?

Not yet. I am doing it in Sept. I am not sure how AZ law is. I heard people said it's not hard, but then MPJE just updated ...WHen are you taking yours?

I want to take it soon....just haven't decide on when yet (most likely in July) since I still couldn't figure out what're the best study materials. I just purchased the "pharmacyexam" questions....will check these out & see.

I want to take it soon....just haven't decide on when yet (most likely in July) since I still couldn't figure out what're the best study materials. I just purchased the "pharmacyexam" questions....will check these out & see.

Let me know if pharmacyexam questions help if you are taking it before me :) I will also let you know too if I take it before you :)

I used pharmacyexam and the study guide the board sent out. Studied for a week and passed.

Reactions: 1 user
I used pharmacyexam and the study guide the board sent out. Studied for a week and passed.

Oh wow...really! Thanks so much for sharing!! Did you take the MPJE recently? The "study guide" you're referring to....is that the downloaded Law book from their website? They didn't send me anything, beside telling me to download the Law Book on their website.

I am taking the AZ MPJE soon, and have a few questions I didn't see addressed in the BOP materials for you folks who work here. I'm applying for new licensure in AZ, but never worked here. Just graduated and relocated for husband's job.

1. What's the policy when the pharmacist leaves the pharmacy for a few minutes (i.e. bathroom break, get a snack...)? Do you have to stop all activities, post a sign, etc?

2. Is, "Do you have any questions for the pharmacist?" sufficient for offer to counsel, and if so, can techs ask?

3. Are pharmacies required to do any self-assessments or audits?

4. Do C-II's have to be locked up? It appears in the BOP docs that they can be dispersed like other controls.

5. Any restrictions on interns? I didn't see that there was, but one of my practice questions alluded to them not being able to do controlled transfers?

As an aside, did anyone use PreMPJE? If so, was it helpful? I purchased the 4 pack, and am through 2 of the exams, but not sure how predictive the scores will be.

Thank you in advance for any responses, like I said I'm new here and pretty clueless!

I am taking the AZ MPJE soon, and have a few questions I didn't see addressed in the BOP materials for you folks who work here. I'm applying for new licensure in AZ, but never worked here. Just graduated and relocated for husband's job.

1. What's the policy when the pharmacist leaves the pharmacy for a few minutes (i.e. bathroom break, get a snack...)? Do you have to stop all activities, post a sign, etc?

2. Is, "Do you have any questions for the pharmacist?" sufficient for offer to counsel, and if so, can techs ask?

3. Are pharmacies required to do any self-assessments or audits?

4. Do C-II's have to be locked up? It appears in the BOP docs that they can be dispersed like other controls.

5. Any restrictions on interns? I didn't see that there was, but one of my practice questions alluded to them not being able to do controlled transfers?

As an aside, did anyone use PreMPJE? If so, was it helpful? I purchased the 4 pack, and am through 2 of the exams, but not sure how predictive the scores will be.

Thank you in advance for any responses, like I said I'm new here and pretty clueless!

I haven't take it yet, but then people told me that focus on control substance, like how to file Control vs. non-control. Who can prescribe what? How many days the supplier have to ship the control II meds? etc..

4. I believe CII don't have to be in the lock.

5. pharmacist ONLY can transfer control Rx. Intern cannot, but other than that intern can do anything as long as it's supervising by pharmacist. Correct me if I am wrong.

I did the preMPJE too...People said did help, but we will see.

Anyways, when r u taking it?? Please let me know how it goes and give me some good tips if you are taking it first! I will do the same too :)

For sure, I'm taking it Tuesday. Thanks for the tips!!

Ok, now that I know I passed (82 whew), here's my take on it. I studied RXPrep, pharmacyexam, PreMPJE, my law book from pharmacy school (Abood), and the law book on the board's website. RXPrep was basically no help; I wouldn't recommend spending much time on federal law. Pharmacyexam and PreMPJE were extremely useful for me, maybe because I'm from out-of-state, but I really felt like they provided insight into the application of the state law. The law book provided is kind of awful because it's literally just the statutes and rules in legal jargon. If I had to do over, I'd probably buy the summary book on Amazon, which I think is somewhere around $60-70. If you already live and work here, you will probably not need all of these resources, as it seemed like a vast majority of the questions were practical application/scenario. I didn't have the benefit of having seen any of that, so I had to go with my interpretation of the law, except when I'd seen similar questions in the practice sets (Pharmacyexam and preMPJE).

For the scoring, PreMPJE was vastly off on the actual score (I was getting 98-100); but I was getting close to that percentage of questions right. I don't remember what I scored on Pharmacyexam because the scores don't save.

Oh and I did think I failed when I left, which I guess is fairly normal, but you should totally expect to feel that way and have no idea how it went because of all the dummy questions, and the changing difficulty. I had a lot of repeat questions, which apparently is supposed to mean you got them wrong, but some of them I was fairly confident my answers were right as I'd seen almost the exact question in the PE or PreMPJE. So I don't know about that.

Test took me about an hour, and since I got done after 4pm (5pm central time, where NABP is located), I didn't get my results until this morning (technically three days), so be prepared for that if your test is in the late afternoon.

Hope this helps! Honestly, I've been a bit of a wreck the last few days! If you haven't scheduled yet, try to get it done Mon-Wed, so you don't have to wait over a weekend for your score!

Ok, now that I know I passed (82 whew), here's my take on it. I studied RXPrep, pharmacyexam, PreMPJE, my law book from pharmacy school (Abood), and the law book on the board's website. RXPrep was basically no help; I wouldn't recommend spending much time on federal law. Pharmacyexam and PreMPJE were extremely useful for me, maybe because I'm from out-of-state, but I really felt like they provided insight into the application of the state law. The law book provided is kind of awful because it's literally just the statutes and rules in legal jargon. If I had to do over, I'd probably buy the summary book on Amazon, which I think is somewhere around $60-70. If you already live and work here, you will probably not need all of these resources, as it seemed like a vast majority of the questions were practical application/scenario. I didn't have the benefit of having seen any of that, so I had to go with my interpretation of the law, except when I'd seen similar questions in the practice sets (Pharmacyexam and preMPJE).

For the scoring, PreMPJE was vastly off on the actual score (I was getting 98-100); but I was getting close to that percentage of questions right. I don't remember what I scored on Pharmacyexam because the scores don't save.

Oh and I did think I failed when I left, which I guess is fairly normal, but you should totally expect to feel that way and have no idea how it went because of all the dummy questions, and the changing difficulty. I had a lot of repeat questions, which apparently is supposed to mean you got them wrong, but some of them I was fairly confident my answers were right as I'd seen almost the exact question in the PE or PreMPJE. So I don't know about that.

Test took me about an hour, and since I got done after 4pm (5pm central time, where NABP is located), I didn't get my results until this morning (technically three days), so be prepared for that if your test is in the late afternoon.

Hope this helps! Honestly, I've been a bit of a wreck the last few days! If you haven't scheduled yet, try to get it done Mon-Wed, so you don't have to wait over a weekend for your score!

Congrats! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences!!!

You suggested to get the summary law book from Amazon.....are you referring to the Abood law book? And in the case I don't have that law book, would it be safe to study these 3 things only & still do fine: (1) the Law book from AZ board website, (2) Pharmacyexam, (3) PreMPJE. Thank you or your reply!

Thank you for your insight! I guess I will keep on practicing the preMPJE and pharmacyexam!