AZCOM Discussion Thread 2010-2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know what the range or minimum mcat score is for this school? I know the average is like 27.

Members don't see this ad.

Fridays are generally going to be more popular because they are easier to get time off work and give more travel options. Although a tuesday is going to be cheaper to fly....

Yeah, the only reason I did it is b/c of the $30 I save. I figure if I can save that kind of money on each of my interviews it'll add up in the long run.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jeeeesh $300 out of ATL to PHX. Going to wait a bit before I book my flight...hopefully it goes down.

interview sept 17th!!! see you all there!!

Last edited:
The best thing ever just happened to me today! I was on Facebook and one of my friends posted a message on my wall about staying at her house prior to my interview since she lives in Phoenix and I said my interview was in Arizona... I never told anyone which school... Then I realized that she goes to AZCOM! Haha. Shes a 3rd year now... Perfect! Shes even offering to take me to school for the interview since she has to go that day anyway. Geez... So far, with two interviews, I am paying a total of $60. Good day. :)

Jeeeesh $300 out of ATL to PHX. Going to wait a bit before I book my flight...hopefully it goes down.

Yeah, out of Texas its that much too! Crazy... I go standby with AA, so its no cost really. But standby scares me so I looked into the prices of a real ticket yesterday and decided that I would risk it because that is just way too much. Eeek! Hope its a good choice!

I just booked my room at the Comfort Inn. The online rate was actually cheaper than the Midwestern rate in case anyone else plans on staying there. $45/night MWU, $39/night online plus tax/fees. That seems reasonable and from the pics it looks pretty nice.

I have to fly into the Gateway airport in Mesa about an hr from AZCOM though, so I'll have to rent a car. This is getting spendy, but maybe I can keep it under $500-600.

It's all getting more real now. I couldn't even really sleep last night because I was so excited. :)

i booked the drury inn. it is $79/night MWU rate and includes free breakfast, evening hot appetizers & drinks (beer & wine), long distance phone, HBO, and wifi. they also have a shuttle than can bring you to the campus.

i'm going on the 24th. i had to work some things out with work to try to get the 17th, but by the time i was able to schedule it, i had to pick the 24th :(

i booked the drury inn. It is $79/night mwu rate and includes free breakfast, evening hot appetizers & drinks (beer & wine), long distance phone, hbo, and wifi. They also have a shuttle than can bring you to the campus.

+1!!

i booked the drury inn. it is $79/night MWU rate and includes free breakfast, evening hot appetizers & drinks (beer & wine), long distance phone, HBO, and wifi. they also have a shuttle than can bring you to the campus.

You had me at 'beer & wine'

+1

are you guys planning on just staying one night or two?

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my secondaries for azcom n ccom yesterday. Only ccom has gotten my letters, wonder how long itll take now for azcom to get mine? ;x

i'm staying 2 nights as well. i'm flying back to boston on jetblue and couldn't find a good flight until the following day

are you guys planning on just staying one night or two?

I have to stay 3 nights. :eek: We only have direct flights to Phoenix on Wednesday and Saturdays, and the airfare is quite a bit more on the other airlines, so I'll save a little money this way and get a little mini vacation.

I've never been to Phoenix before, and even though I'll miss my kids, it'll be nice to relax a bit.

I'll be staying two days. Flying back to the East Coast after the interview on top of a 4 hour drive back to my town and the time difference means I wouldn't get back til way in the AM. So I'm staying until Saturday. Hellooooooooo happy hour after the interview!

I have to stay 3 nights. :eek: We only have direct flights to Phoenix on Wednesday and Saturdays, and the airfare is quite a bit more on the other airlines, so I'll save a little money this way and get a little mini vacation.

I've never been to Phoenix before, and even though I'll miss my kids, it'll be nice to relax a bit.

Phoenix downtown near the Cardinals stadium is actually pretty fun and has a few good bars to go and grab a bite to eat and watch a game. Glendale is very processed/strip-mallish. If I get an interview I'll be trying to stay with a friend who is a student out there so I'll probably only stay 1 or 2 days but I plan on going out after my interview lol

I submitted my secondaries for azcom n ccom yesterday. Only ccom has gotten my letters, wonder how long itll take now for azcom to get mine? ;x
I submitted letters to CCOM and AZCOM on the same day. CCOM had my letters entered in about 8 days before AZCOM... Speaking of which, I am now complete at AZCOM. I hope I get in on the next rounds, but I kind of doubt it... I'm not sure I can stand the heat of Arizona anyways...

I submitted letters to CCOM and AZCOM on the same day. CCOM had my letters entered in about 8 days before AZCOM... Speaking of which, I am now complete at AZCOM. I hope I get in on the next rounds, but I kind of doubt it... I'm not sure I can stand the heat of Arizona anyways...

I submitted CCOM on 6/29 and it was received the next day. I sent AZCOM on 7/1 and it wasn't received until 7/23. AZCOM takes FOREVER to receive your letters from interfolio.

I submitted CCOM on 6/29 and it was received the next day. I sent AZCOM on 7/1 and it wasn't received until 7/23. AZCOM takes FOREVER to receive your letters from interfolio.

well I guess i should wait 2 weeks for them to my letters now too lol. smh Ah well im excited about this school, watching some of guys gettin interviews, i can be patient and wait my turn :)

well I guess i should wait 2 weeks for them to my letters now too lol. smh Ah well im excited about this school, watching some of guys gettin interviews, i can be patient and wait my turn :)

I'm not patient :laugh: I want a damn interview! lol today is 1 week from when I was viewed as complete so hopefully they will send out a new batch of interviews on Monday and I'll be included :x:

You can always call them as well, just because they have not been added to your file does not mean they haven't been received. I was able to get ahold of the woman who runs their interfolio LORs and she made sure that they had at least received the letters.

AZCOM interview invite!! so is everyone pickin the 17th?? im don't even kno if its still available at this point, didnt even click to schedule yet

AZCOM interview invite!! so is everyone pickin the 17th?? im don't even kno if its still available at this point, didnt even click to schedule yet

ME TOO!!! :thumbup::thumbup: Scheduled for the 24th. 17th is not available.

ME TOO!!! :thumbup::thumbup: Scheduled for the 24th. 17th is not available.

haha niiiice man!! this cycle is such an up and down ride. def was feelin low when people were already gettin the azcom invites and now i cant stop smiling after gettin this one. guess ill be seein u on the 24th!

I'm not patient :laugh: I want a damn interview! lol today is 1 week from when I was viewed as complete so hopefully they will send out a new batch of interviews on Monday and I'll be included :x:

You can always call them as well, just because they have not been added to your file does not mean they haven't been received. I was able to get ahold of the woman who runs their interfolio LORs and she made sure that they had at least received the letters.

Wow, I called them like you said, and they said my LORS were just received, 2 days after i submitted them. Wow this school is showing me some love :) the lady on the phone said i was complete. Yayyy

Wow, I called them like you said, and they said my LORS were just received, 2 days after i submitted them. Wow this school is showing me some love :) the lady on the phone said i was complete. Yayyy

:thumbup: Awesome, hopefully you'll get an invite the next round then!

Tolllllllddddd yyyyyoooouuuuuu. :D

Congrats to both of you!

thx!! should we wait for an email before we schedule?

just took a quick look at the dates. im considering if one of the middle of the week dates would be better?

thx!! should we wait for an email before we schedule?

just took a quick look at the dates. im considering if one of the middle of the week dates would be better?

i don't think anyone has gotten an official email yet so i would just pick a date before the one you want is filled up. and they email you with an interview confirmation soon after

Ill be staying at Drury as well, but im only doing one night....that red eye back to NY is gonna be a pain

Last edited:
i am scheduled for 9/27 interview, anyone going on that day and willing to share a hotel room?

i am an asian female, prefer female roommate(s)

also, i will be flying from san francisco, and i think Phoenix Sky Harbor Intl. Airport is the closest airport to campus? the airfare is around $200...=/

Good to see you guys are getting interview invites. Does anyone know if this school will allow you to reuse LOR's from last cycle? My advisor at my alma mater is out of her office until mid august so I'd hate to have to wait till then if they have a near identical letter in a file cabinet there. A few other schools offer this so I hope AZCOM will...

Congrats on all the interviews everyone! :thumbup:

I got a letter in the mail from them today. I was scared to open it because I thought it was going to be a straight up rejection letter, but thankfully no. They were just notifying me that my application was put on hold for my new MCAT score. It also said that this should be looked at as a "positive result," because my application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review. Which made me feel a lot better about myself haha.

:xf:It all comes down to my new mcat score :scared:

Good luck on that MCAT.

It's good that everyone applied and is hearing so early. You have no idea how many times I talk about applying early. It helps a lot be the first ones in.

When did you complete your application? I have not heard anything. Good luck!! I am still waiting for my new score too and such a nerve wracking. 11 more days for me. Like you have stated, new MCAT score is everything!! Good luck!!

Congrats on all the interviews everyone! :thumbup:

I got a letter in the mail from them today. I was scared to open it because I thought it was going to be a straight up rejection letter, but thankfully no. They were just notifying me that my application was put on hold for my new MCAT score. It also said that this should be looked at as a "positive result," because my application was deemed to possess enough merit to be held for future review. Which made me feel a lot better about myself haha.

:xf:It all comes down to my new mcat score :scared:

Anyone schedule for Tuesday 9/21? PM me.

When did you complete your application? I have not heard anything. Good luck!! I am still waiting for my new score too and such a nerve wracking. 11 more days for me. Like you have stated, new MCAT score is everything!! Good luck!!

Thanks! I was complete on 7/13 at AZCOM. I wish I was in your shoes! I still have a month and 5 days before I get my scores....meaning I still have 5 days before I take it lol. My stomach is already in knots.

Good luck to you too! Hope you get the score you need!

I got an interview, but man fliights are expensive from Florida

i couldn't log in, is the application site down for everyone?

i couldn't log in, is the application site down for everyone?

Scheduled maintenance :(

Anyone know long long after an interview they make a decision? A little bird told me it is two to three weeks.

Scheduled maintenance :(

Anyone know long long after an interview they make a decision? A little bird told me it is two to three weeks.

It depends. Some people find out within 2-3 days, some people don't find anything out for 2-3 weeks or so, most that are out-right accepted seem to find out somewhere in between the two.

I got an interview, but man fliights are expensive from Florida

Try flying from Alaska yo!

Even if I only interview at half the schools I applied to I'll be out 5000 just in airline tickets!!!

All worth it in the end though....

AZCOM: seap3 9/17, sedaniel 9/17, BigBoosting 9/17, crazynate 9/17, joedo2 9/17, megathunder 9/21, Onetyme (ii 7/28, i 9/17), wudabum 9/20, DbDan 9/24, Kevin Baker, Gatorfann14

Everyone edit yourself in with dates.

It depends. Some people find out within 2-3 days, some people don't find anything out for 2-3 weeks or so, most that are out-right accepted seem to find out somewhere in between the two.

do you know if that's a because they only decide at the end of the month kind of thing, or is it pretty much random

Hi everybody!
I just went through the application process with AZCOM this past cycle and am excitedly awaiting orientation and the start of classes in August.
In case anybody is wanting to get a potential jump-start on the supplemental application, the questions on last year's were:

1. List any relative who is an osteopathic physician:
Name
Relationship
Osteopathic College Attended
Year Graduated

2. Why do you believe AZCOM would provide you with the type of osteopathic medical education you are seeking?

3. Why should AZCOM accept you into this year's class?

In addition, a resume should be uploaded with your supplemental.

Best of luck to everybody with this cycle!

Hi all! Congrats to those of you with interviews already! My question for you is if the secondary is the same as listed above. I didn't see it confirmed that it was on this thread but I didn't see it any different either. Please let me know. I have submitted the AACOMAS, but I am not processed yet. Trying to get all my secondaries done so when it is I can turn them in right away. Thanks and congrats again!

AZCOM: seap3 9/17, sedaniel 9/17, BigBoosting 9/17, crazynate 9/17, joedo2 9/17, megathunder 9/21, Onetyme (ii 7/28, i 9/17), wudabum 9/20, DbDan 9/24, Kevin Baker, Gatorfann1, mrlucky0 9/21

AZCOM: Noshie 9/17, seap3 9/17, sedaniel 9/17, BigBoosting 9/17, crazynate 9/17, joedo2 9/17, megathunder 9/21, Onetyme (ii 7/28, i 9/17), wudabum 9/20, DbDan 9/24, Kevin Baker, Gatorfann1, mrlucky0 9/21