AZCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTED!!! Check your portal guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!!!!! It just showed up in your message center? When did you interview?

Yes, it shows up as accepted student checklist. A new box appears on the right of the screen. I interviewed last Thursday. Good luck everyone!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't interview until December 5th (I was a little bit slow to apply)

Nothing on my portal... interviewed back on the 16th.

Ahh, does that mean waitlist or rejection?

I hope it means that they are still in the meeting or are still entering information. I interviewed Friday and have nothing. :(

I hope it means that they are still in the meeting or are still entering information. I interviewed Friday and have nothing. :(

I interviewed on Friday too. Hopefully that means we will find out very soon! But I didn't think we would find out until the end of the week because there are still interviews happening today. I keep checking my potal every few minutes now!

I interviewed on Friday too. Hopefully that means we will find out very soon! But I didn't think we would find out until the end of the week because there are still interviews happening today...:xf:

Glad to hear that you have not been accepted yet :) (misery loves company) which one are you? I am the guy who is from Chicago.

I thought it would be later too but this person who interviewed thursday, said they received an acceptance.

Glad to hear that you have not been accepted yet :) (misery loves company) which one are you? I am the guy who is from Chicago.

I thought it would be later too but this person who interviewed thursday, said they received an acceptance.

I was the only blonde in the room. I really loved this school, and I am really hoping for an acceptance!

I was the only blonde in the room. I really loved this school, and I am really hoping for an acceptance!

I really did as well. I thought the interview went well. I just hope a few other people who interviewed on Friday will come on and tell us they do not have acceptances yet as well.

Relax guys. :p I interviewed on the 19th (Mon) and haven't heard anything yet either. They said it can take up to 2-3 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really did as well. I thought the interview went well. I just hope a few other people who interviewed on Friday will come on and tell us they do not have acceptances yet as well.

also nothing there...........

ACCEPTED!!! interviewed 9/23 just checked my portal and it had an accepted student checklist.

I interviewed last thursday too..no word yet. I'd give it a few more hours...

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:love::love::love:

Just scheduled my interview... January 19th seems so far away. Congrats to everyone who has already been accepted; just remember to save a spot for me!

Congrats MROSEKELLY! I was sitting next to you for most of the day. I guess it didn't hurt that I didn't know my favorite scientist lol

Accepted! Or at least I think... I have the accepted student checklist in the portal (although some of the information is wrong/missing? like $0 due for deposit?)

Congrats everyone who was accepted today! Hopefully I'll see you all next year.

Nothing on my portal... interviewed back on the 16th.

Ahh, does that mean waitlist or rejection?

Nope. Every year there are people who interviewed with or after somebody and get an acceptance before they did. The best anybody's been able to figure out so far is that they more-or-less "fast-track" the acceptance of the top few people for each interview day (we guess that these are the ones who interview and are accepted within a few days of interviewing) and figure out what they want to do with everybody else who interviewed in the following week or two.

I will also point out that the school changed up their acceptance-practices a bit last year compared to previous years as they seemed to wait-list a lot more people than previously so that they'd have more seats open towards the end of the cycle for applicants they really liked rather than being forced to wait-list them due to not having anymore spots in the class.

like this "
Post-Accepted

or something else?

Accepted! Or at least I think... I have the accepted student checklist in the portal (although some of the information is wrong/missing? like $0 due for deposit?)

If the checklist shows up, you've been accepted. The information will take a bit to update.

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted! :thumbup:
To those of you still waiting to hear your fate, don't sweat it because I'm sure a number of you will likely be receiving acceptances in the next week or two as well. :xf:

my first acceptance! so excited!!!! congrats to you admits. and g'luck to everyone else.

Accepted as well! I interviewed on 9/23. I recognize a bunch of you guys on here... you all seemed like a really great group of people!

Still nothin' here.

If I am waitlisted here for the second year in a row I am going to be really sad. :(

wow. that means I got accepted :eek: I just interviewed TODAY....!

Hmm...that's a new one for me, but I guess if the committee was meeting today it's possible. You can always call to double-check, but if the list just showed up today and you can actually use the links, it should mean that you're in.

now to wait and see what region they're thinking of putting us in for rotations... they said we'd know in a couple weeks or so after acceptance, right?

also got the "accepted student checklist." yeah it looks like all the deposit info/rotations will come later.

congrats everyone!

Well crap. Now I'm all freaked out because my portal hasn't changed. :(

:laugh: accepted!!! even though I was convinced that I had the worst interview ever. The interviewer was even like "I mean theres no wrong answers... but you should really consider.... " hahaha. I definitley was not expecting that.

now to wait and see what region they're thinking of putting us in for rotations... they said we'd know in a couple weeks or so after acceptance, right?
Wait, so they will automatically send us an e-mail or something telling us where we will be placed for clinical rotations? I thought we would have to put down a deposit and stuff first (confirm that we are attending)? And when is the deadline for the deposit? December 14th I assume?