B in Anatomy and Physiology = Game Over?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chevy Chase Fan

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking it this summer and apparently there's no +/- system at this cc, so an 89 is the same as an 80--a plain old B. I got a lot of B+s at my undergrad school, so there's a good chance I'll end up in that range. Is a B in anatomy a nail in the coffin in the application department?

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. B is fine. Do well in your other pre reqs and you'll be ok.

Definitely not! If you got a C then I'd say you'd have something to worry about. But if your others grades are good, you'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a C in A&P I the first time I took it at a CC Lets just say we started with 30 students in my class and ended up with 9! We all got C's! I got a B in A&P II at a University. Just this past fall, I took A&P I again at a CC and still got a B.

With all that being said, yes, it looks good if you have A's in A&P. However, if you make up for it with observation hours/work experience in PT it really pays off! My prerequisite GPA was around a 3.5 but I got into a program starting this fall due to my experience which really shined through in the interview.

Getting a B in A&P is not the end of the road! Keep working at it and if you have anymore questions just ask! Good luck!

I had an 89 in anatomy as well...at a school that used the +/- system, but that particular professor didn't want to, so she gave me a B. I still got in :)

There's two semesters of A&P, so try to rock the other if you can!

Right on, thanks guys. Takes off a lot of the pressure and frees me up to just go out there and do my best. Hopefully it goes well because I hate chemistry and physics, but I'm hoping my psychology grades will give me some padding, as I tend to do better in those types of classes.

Have a good weekend everyone.