B in post bac class = big no no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DentalLonghorn2014

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

TX resident here. So I am in my 2nd semester of an informal post bac now. I made all a's last semester and was looking to continue that trend. However, I fear there is a chance I may get a B in my molecular biology class. I am looking at A's in my other classes though. All these classes are with labs btw. I know that upward trends in my gpa is my goal to improve my app but do you think this B will hinder my app since it is a post bac class?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Doubt one B is going to be that big of a deal.

Doubt one B is going to be that big of a deal.

I thought so. I was under the impression that if you are in a post bac, you MUST get all A's or it will mean that you didn't try hard enough. Idk. I'll still work my butt off to get that A though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took a year of post-bacc and got A's and B's (3.5). As long as your new GPA is better than your undergrad, you'll be fine. They just want to see you keeping up with studies during off years.

I took a year of post-bacc and got A's and B's (3.5). As long as your new GPA is better than your undergrad, you'll be fine. They just want to see you keeping up with studies during off years.

Oh I see. Thank you. Were you able to obtain interviews this past cycle?