Bacc/MD Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

radientinrad

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!
So I am a freshman pre-med still trying to learn as much as possible about completing undergrad and applying to med school. I am familiar with the traditional route however, my school offers both a bacc/MD and a post bacc/MD program. I was able to find some program specific information on the medical schools website, however I was not able to find general information about a bacc/MD program. I was looking into dong the bacc/MD program for college standing sophomores not the post bacc/MD program. I was wondering if any one here had any general information about the pro/cons of doing a bacc/MD program vs a traditional undergrad to direct admission program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!
So I am a freshman pre-med still trying to learn as much as possible about completing undergrad and applying to med school. I am familiar with the traditional route however, my school offers both a bacc/MD and a post bacc/MD program. I was able to find some program specific information on the medical schools website, however I was not able to find general information about a bacc/MD program. I was looking into dong the bacc/MD program for college standing sophomores not the post bacc/MD program. I was wondering if any one here had any general information about the pro/cons of doing a bacc/MD program vs a traditional undergrad to direct admission program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you :)
What is there to say? If you know enough about your own university's medical school and think it would be a good fit for you and you would be willing to stay at the same institution for 8 years of schooling, apply for it as a sophomore and see if you get in. Check if it's binding or if you can back out of it should you want to apply the traditional route. There is nothing else to it.