Bachelor's degree requirement?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cludestyle

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any schools that require a bachelor's degree in order to be considered for interview/admission? My app is already mailed out according to AADSAS, but I don't get my physical diploma until November. I have fulfilled all the prereqs for my majors, so technically I am due for my bachelors already but the convocation happens in November.

I did not put any future courses in the coursework section on the AADSAS application.

And if there are any schools that require the bachelor's degree, is there anything I can do to rectify this situation? Should I get my Faculty to write me a letter or something? I don't want to be considered late in completing the admissions prereqs just because of my school's convocation formality..:(

Members don't see this ad.

I believe most, if not all, require a bachelor's degree prior to matriculation. I'm pretty sure for admissions consideration, it's not a requirement, but you might want to check with each individual school to be 100% sure.

Are there any schools that require a bachelor's degree in order to be considered for interview/admission? My app is already mailed out according to AADSAS, but I don't get my physical diploma until November. I have fulfilled all the prereqs for my majors, so technically I am due for my bachelors already but the convocation happens in November.

I did not put any future courses in the coursework section on the AADSAS application.

And if there are any schools that require the bachelor's degree, is there anything I can do to rectify this situation? Should I get my Faculty to write me a letter or something? I don't want to be considered late in completing the admissions prereqs just because of my school's convocation formality..:(

Hello,

Let me start by saying that no school will turn you down for not having a degree. In fact most people that apply are in their Junior Year in college, so yeah. The only requirement they have is that you have graduated and completed all pre- requisites before enrolling into their program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm only asking because I see stuff like this: http://www.nyu.edu/dental/bulletin/admission.html (first requirement listing - it doesn't explicitly state prior to entering the school, so the wording is quite confusing)

I think I might have to give NYU a call about this one...

Thanks for the quick replies.

I'm only asking because I see stuff like this: http://www.nyu.edu/dental/bulletin/admission.html (first requirement listing - it doesn't explicitly state prior to entering the school, so the wording is quite confusing)

I think I might have to give NYU a call about this one...

Yup, information like that can be misleading, but I can assure you that you wont be harmed. NYU is one of the schools with the biggest applicants pool in the country. They would go broke if they required a BS (or equivalent) from every single applicant prior to matriculation.