Bachelors In Family & Child Studies To MSW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CFLEToMSW

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a current Senior at McNeese State University in Louisiana. My major is Sociology with a concentration in Family & Child Studies, which leads to immediate licensure as a Certified Family Life Educator. My degree is somewhat odd, as it's a Sociology degree, but only requires a minimum of 5 Sociology course, while the majority is made up of Family & Child Studies courses.

Nonetheless, after graduation I plan on getting a job as a Wraparound Facilitator, or some type of government position working with children or the elderly. At the same time I plan on enrolling in Arizona State's Online MSW Program. My overall goal is to become a Medical Social Worker and skilled Therapist, which I will most likely be moving to Houston in order to pursue.

I'm wondering if anyone has a similar type of degree and/or similar career goals, that would like to share a bit of their experience with me?

Here's a rundown of my courses.

Freshman Fall
  • Fine Art Elective - 3 hours
  • Science Elective - 3 hours
Freshman Spring
Sophomore Fall
  • Elective - 3 hours
Sophomore Spring
  • Humanities Elective - 3 hours
  • Anthropology, Geography, or Criminal Justice Elective - 3 hours
  • Elective - 3 hours
Junior Fall
  • Anthrophology, Geography, or Criminal Justice Elective (300/400 Level) - 3 hours
FCST 323 - Family Sexuality (Lec. 3, Cr. 3)

• Choose one of the following:

[paste:font size="5"]Senior Fall
  • Elective - 3 hours

Senior Spring
  • History or Women’s Studies Elective (300/400 Level) - 3 hours
  • Elective - 3 hours

Members don't see this ad.