Back to back interviews!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

meowmeow

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I just found out that I have another interview lined up for me and it is at Pacific University in Oregon. The thing is, I already have an interview for Univ. of Charleston the day before!

I live in San Diego and will be flying to UCWV for the interview on Friday Feb 6. However, I have another interview at Pacific University in Oregon on Sat Feb 7 and the earliest and cheapest flight time that I can get to Oregon is on Friday night at 11pm, where my interview at Pacific is the next day at 8am.

What do u guys think? Should I keep the 2 interviews? Reschedule? Any opinions would be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

I had back to back interviews for Touro- CA and UCSD. My situation was a little bit different and the scheduling was easier though. I would say, just go for it. Use what you learned from UCWV to help out with your interview at Pacific. I memorized my questions from Touro and it helped me through my UCSD interview.

Thanks rycetrix! I am still deciding if I should reschedule or not. What are the pros/cons of rescheduling in my situation? I really want to go to both though, I just want to know if it is do-able. Any other thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would reschedule so that you can give your best performance at each interview.

Thanks rycetrix! I am still deciding if I should reschedule or not. What are the pros/cons of rescheduling in my situation? I really want to go to both though, I just want to know if it is do-able. Any other thoughts?

If you reschedule, you won't be so tired for the interview and you might be able to find a cheaper flight. If you don't reschedule, you will get both interviews out of the way and be done with it sooner.

How sharp are you when you don't get a full night of rest? If you don't perform well, then you might consider rescheduling. If you don't think it will be a problem, then go for it.

I would reschedule one if you can. Like other people mentioned, you will be really tired and not at your best. The other concern I have is flight delays. At this time of year weather can be unpredictable, and you can get stuck somewhere or have a flight canceled. I think you are cutting it too close if something like that happens especially since you are flying across the country.

I would take weather into consideration because flights can get canceled in the last minute because of snow, especially if you're going to fly out from West Virginia (I assume they do have snow) the night before. If both interviews take place in the West Coast, then I think it's definitely possible to do back to back interviews.

Hey everyone - thanks for all your thoughts! I wanted to reschedule but there are so many problems. For one, the Feb 7 date of the Pacific Uni interview is the LAST day! Second, I don't think I can afford to have a change/cancellation fee for UCWV...

All I can do is PRAY that the flight to Portland will not be canceled. And pray that it will get there at a decent time.

Also, I am a bit of a night person and I usually do not get that much rest since I'm still rockin in school so I think I'll be ok. I think I perform better when I am under pressure, which I bet a lot of people can relate to. Gluck to everyone else!! :banana: :highfive:

Yeah, its only a ~ 4-5 hour flight. You can use that time to rest, or prepare! Make the most out of it. Good luck! I'm sure you'll do fine in your back to back.

Hey everyone - thanks for all your thoughts! I wanted to reschedule but there are so many problems. For one, the Feb 7 date of the Pacific Uni interview is the LAST day! Second, I don't think I can afford to have a change/cancellation fee for UCWV...

All I can do is PRAY that the flight to Portland will not be canceled. And pray that it will get there at a decent time.

Also, I am a bit of a night person and I usually do not get that much rest since I'm still rockin in school so I think I'll be ok. I think I perform better when I am under pressure, which I bet a lot of people can relate to. Gluck to everyone else!! :banana: :highfive:

Yea, I've done back to back but with tests and interviews. I had 3 midterms and 3 interviews all within the span of 1.5wks. Let's just say it wasn't a pleasant experience and brought my grade down by half-letter. Needless to say, I got into the schools I interviewed. However, I wouldn't recommend doing so if you can schedule this ahead of time.

if you do choose to go back-to-back, i wouldn't tell the interviewers about it. i (as an administrator) would see this move more as of a "get it out of the way and i don't care about being well prepared" than "i actually want to go to this school and can plan well."