Back to Basic Strategy WW Sign up and GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The comment did come on day 1 before any noob wolf would have a chance to chat with the other wolves. It really does strike me more of a slip up than anything because a comment in that line of thought would have fit with where the conversation was a the time.

I think it's kinda funny that you're talking to me like I don't know what it's like to post as a noob, I'm definitely a noob in this circle. Though along those lines, there's a big difference between being called a noob and calling yourself a noob. Calling someone a noob means you're probably chalking something up to inexperience, calling yourself a noob is playing a mercy card of sorts.

You seem kinda hyperaware for two lynch votes early in the day with a couple other names on the list, I think I am ok with leaving my vote as is for the time being.

Not hyper aware of two votes. Several people have commented on it, even though they haven't voted to lynch me yet. I don't want it distracting people from finding an actual wolf. It also provides conversation... Which is the point of this game, yes?

I also have no idea who is what level of noob. Besides knowing a few people are considered "veterans" I do not know how long people have played or their level of experience. I know I'm one of the absolute newest noobs, besides sheltermed, who was subbed, and AB. I don't see anything wrong with admitting you're a noob and make mistakes. I would rather just say yup, noob mistake, learned from it and let's move on than try and somehow work my way out of it otherwise and cause more suspicion.

Members don't see this ad.

To address this question: if some posts seem like I'm starting to catch on, it's because I'm watching you guys and trying to follow your lines of thinking and deductive reasoning. But this is also my first time playing, so I don't know everything. I tried to stop asking questions after I was eventually told if I couldn't learn, I'd be subbed out

Reactions: 1 user
It just makes sense. Once a few people show some suspicion of someone, it is in wolves' interest to help nudge that suspicion along to help get a villager lynched, and on top of it, it is a "safe" thing for them because it is easily defensible ("oops - oh well - other people thought he was sketchy too!").

I think what throws me off about LIS posts is the absoluteness of them. While I agree it's a safe move for a wolf, and it's likely you could narrow down wolf possibilities in looking at those votes, I couldn't see myself posting "one of them is a wolf" with such certainty. Maybe because i would be worried I was wrong and have that come back to bite me down the road, or maybe because I find comments like that suspicious in general, but LIS definitely has his own posting style that I'm trying to get used to!

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't been reading AB as a wolf, but mostly because I don't see her posts here being that much different than how she's posted in other threads.

I often suggest that people look into the people who are lynching me when I'm being lynched as a villager because a wolf almost always puts the nail in my coffin or starts the lynch. I'm also a hot tempered redhead, so sometimes I just get mad at the people lynching me, so I can understand where LIS is coming from, but the way he phrased it also gave me feels.

Oh. Last comment. I liked someone's (WildZoo?) post about Rocket. It felt right.
And here I was about to say I was disappointed that nobody cared about my rocky analysis :D

I think what throws me off about LIS posts is the absoluteness of them. While I agree it's a safe move for a wolf, and it's likely you could narrow down wolf possibilities in looking at those votes, I couldn't see myself posting "one of them is a wolf" with such certainty. Maybe because i would be worried I was wrong and have that come back to bite me down the road, or maybe because I find comments like that suspicious in general, but LIS definitely has his own posting style that I'm trying to get used to!
He's an old man and he's been playing WW for a long time, you're not going to find much hemming and hawing or "Well, but, maybe, idk" in his posts. You're going to be wrong sometimes. It happens. So you make your assertions and if you end up being wrong, well, that's just how it is. No use being all timid about it.

:) One last last comment: I do agree that the DVMD might be sketchy. Whenever she is this nice to me, it always catches my attention. Should lean on her and quit letting her just skate by, too.

Ok. Peace out for real now.
I get suspicious whenever anyone is nice to anyone. Making jokes and whatnot. Do you think this is a game???

Reactions: 2 users

Interestingly, you and SOV are both twisting my words are bit. In regards to "one of them is a wolf" you (conveniently?) left out the next bit where I said "likely"..... which clearly drops the 'absoluteness' factor. Some reason you're choosing to interpret only a portion of what I said instead of the whole context? For reference:

So if I read it right.... BBC, Rojo, Deva, Jilary, and SOV have all expressed suspicions about me.

One of them is a wolf. The others are well-intentioned, but one of them is likely a wolf who is trying to encourage things.

SOV did something very similar when he said:

2) my post about the wolves being protector he said was completely wrong but interesting (I paraphrase, too lazy to look up exact wording). I can see saying it is unlikely but he seemed awfully certain I was wrong.

I didn't say it was "completely wrong" and the "too lazy" excuse doesn't wash - if you're going to judge someone by the nit-picky details of what they said then yes, you should look up exactly what they said and not conveniently paraphrase it in a way that doesn't reflect what they were communicating. Maybe SOV is just lazy, or maybe he's intentionally misleading. Hard to say which. What I actually said was:

I think this theory is probably absolute bunk, but I love the creativity behind it. Much needed.

Note again - no certainty. I said I "think" it is "probably" absolute bunk. I didn't just say it was "completely wrong" like SOV asserted. And it was straight up honesty - we had been going in circles and SOV injected some useful creativity. I didn't (and don't) think his theory held (holds) water, but I was glad to see someone saying something new.

Mischaracterizing what I said, though, is sketchy.

I stand by my list ... I think that there is probably a wolf amongst BBC, Rojo, SOV, Jilary, or Deva.

I haven't been reading AB as a wolf, but mostly because I don't see her posts here being that much different than how she's posted in other threads.

I often suggest that people look into the people who are lynching me when I'm being lynched as a villager because a wolf almost always puts the nail in my coffin or starts the lynch. I'm also a hot tempered redhead, so sometimes I just get mad at the people lynching me, so I can understand where LIS is coming from, but the way he phrased it also gave me feels.
What is this, day 4 and no votes for you yet? Isn't that a pretty good indication that you're a wolf? ;)

Interestingly, you and SOV are both twisting my words are bit. In regards to "one of them is a wolf" you (conveniently?) left out the next bit where I said "likely"..... which clearly drops the 'absoluteness' factor. Some reason you're choosing to interpret only a portion of what I said instead of the whole context? For reference:

I didn't say it was "completely wrong" and the "too lazy" excuse doesn't wash - if you're going to judge someone by the nit-picky details of what they said then yes, you should look up exactly what they said and not conveniently paraphrase it in a way that doesn't reflect what they were communicating. Maybe SOV is just lazy, or maybe he's intentionally misleading. Hard to say which. What I actually said was:

Note again - no certainly. I said I "think" it is "probably" absolute bunk. I didn't just say it was "completely wrong" like SOV asserted. And it was straight up honesty - we had been going in circles and SOV injected some useful creativity. I didn't (and don't) think his theory held (holds) water, but I was glad to see someone saying something new.

I stand by my list ... I think that there is probably a wolf amongst BBC, Rojo, SOV, Jilary, or Deva.

I definitely didn't agree with SOVs summary - especially because other people also said they didn't think that theory was legit.

And yes, you clarified a little more with your next sentence. But "one of them is a wolf" is just not a sentence I could see myself ever writing without knowing 100%, and its that style (and the confidence of your posts in general) that is different than how I would say things. I didn't say your comment seemed sketchy, just a comment that it's harder for me to get used to your posts because they're different.

I definitely didn't agree with SOVs summary - especially because other people also said they didn't think that theory was legit.

And yes, you clarified a little more with your next sentence. But "one of them is a wolf" is just not a sentence I could see myself ever writing without knowing 100%, and its that style (and the confidence of your posts in general) that is different than how I would say things. I didn't say your comment seemed sketchy, just a comment that it's harder for me to get used to your posts because they're different.

So you're judging me based on how YOU would say things?

I'll just come out and say it: that's stupid. I'm not you. Why would you expect me to say things like you?

Note again - no certainty. I said I "think" it is "probably" absolute bunk. I didn't just say it was "completely wrong" like SOV asserted. And it was straight up honesty - we had been going in circles and SOV injected some useful creativity. I didn't (and don't) think his theory held (holds) water, but I was glad to see someone saying something new.

Ah I was just about to go try and find the specific post SOV was referring to, because the "too lazy to look it up" in conjunction with making a point based off of your wording was bothering me.

So you're judging me based on how YOU would say things?

I'll just come out and say it: that's stupid. I'm not you. Why would you expect me to say things like you?

Uhhhh not judging you. Haven't ever voted to lynch you this entire game. It's *easier* to relate to people with a similar posting style, and it's harder for me to pick up on what is suspicious and what is normal for people with different posting styles. Not a crazy concept.

Ok, I still don't remember when/if I ever expressed suspicion of Lis earlier in the game, but his more recent posts on the past couple pages really are kinda catching my attention now. Don't know that I want to act on it just yet because it is definitely still in line with his usual style, but I find the comments with tiny nudges towards certain players (like dvmd) mildly off putting.

Agree with the general consensus that AB is just being nooby and not malicious, though the point about the differences in understanding/reasoning between their posts is a good one.

Members don't see this ad :)
So if I read it right.... BBC, Rojo, Deva, Jilary, and SOV have all expressed suspicions about me.

One of them is a wolf. The others are well-intentioned, but one of them is likely a wolf who is trying to encourage things.
The bolded portion is stated with certainty, so it's easy to miss the last part when you then say one of us is likely a wolf.

I honestly wasn't following the others suspicion of you until your vote for AM. I don't believe your play style this game is grossly different than any other game.

And on that note I will say, if there ends up being a bandwagon on ANYONE and the mod says we are close to plurality (or you can count and see we are close) could we please try to discuss more before piling on the bandwagon and making us reach plurality that much sooner? For me this has less to do with the person being able to defend themselves (unless it happens in a super short time span) and more to do with being able to discuss theories and ideas with everyone, not just the person being lynched. I know my gut has been wrong before and sometimes after the fact I can see where I missed something that others saw.

Since I'm rereading and I happened upon the discussion of post count - I'm of the opinion that people on the verge of being modkille for inactivity are more likely to be villagers than wolves, simply because the stakes are higher for a wolf in terms of the success of their team. So I would think they would be trying a little harder to stay in the game, whereas a vanillager may not feel that sense of urgency. For the moment I think this only applies to deva, but it might come up in the future if we have someone else who is consistently hovering near inactivity.

Ok, I still don't remember when/if I ever expressed suspicion of Lis earlier in the game, but his more recent posts on the past couple pages really are kinda catching my attention now. Don't know that I want to act on it just yet because it is definitely still in line with his usual style, but I find the comments with tiny nudges towards certain players (like dvmd) mildly off putting.

Agree with the general consensus that AB is just being nooby and not malicious, though the point about the differences in understanding/reasoning between their posts is a good one.
I can't find it either and I went and reread all of your posts.

Since I'm rereading and I happened upon the discussion of post count - I'm of the opinion that people on the verge of being modkille for inactivity are more likely to be villagers than wolves, simply because the stakes are higher for a wolf in terms of the success of their team. So I would think they would be trying a little harder to stay in the game, whereas a vanillager may not feel that sense of urgency. For the moment I think this only applies to deva, but it might come up in the future if we have someone else who is consistently hovering near inactivity.
I said basically the same thing earlier, but was pretty much ignored. I think I have only met the minimum once, but I think I also fell into the category of clearly trying and making an effort to play.

Could someone who isn't on mobile show me where AB has made posts that seem like she has a good grasp of the game? I apparently missed those! (No offense)
Looked through and I think maybe these are the posts people are referring to? I could see the tone and word use being distinct from her other posts. It's more confident and assertive.
I doubt that happened, WTF outed herself. clearly she would have been the next target, so the protector would have most definitely protected her. Maybe they weren't online at the time

if she has a tell, you probably shouldn't have said that. Now even if she does do it, it will be because she consciously thought of her usual mannerisms and is, imo, inadmissable

I don't see them as being huge insights that a noob couldn't have though. I could see being bothered by the tone inconsistency, I guess.

Uhhhh not judging you. Haven't ever voted to lynch you this entire game. It's *easier* to relate to people with a similar posting style, and it's harder for me to pick up on what is suspicious and what is normal for people with different posting styles. Not a crazy concept.

It is actually a crazy concept to say "this person said something in a way I wouldn't, therefore it must be sketchy." It doesn't even make the least bit of sense.

Right. Noting suspicions is "off putting"? Should we all just randomly vote?

If you find me nudging toward people "off putting", how come you aren't finding the people who are nudging toward me equally "off putting"?

You're being inconsistent, which just continues to make me want to keep you on my list.

The bolded portion is stated with certainty, so it's easy to miss the last part when you then say one of us is likely a wolf.

True. It IS much easier to take things people say out of context when you don't bother to read and consider all of what they say.

Completely agree.

It's also sketchy because there are really only two options: Someone accidentally misunderstanding / just being lazy, or they're intentionally taking you out of context. So it really makes it a 50:50 proposition out of whether they're just being lazy or whether they're trying to steer things your way.

I'd be surprised if Dy applied modkilling like that. She's more likely to apply it equally. I agree that it carries a higher stake for the wolves ... but Dyachei would probably say "Well, that's on them. All they have to do is participate if they want to avoid it." I doubt she'd lean towards only modkilling villagers.

We're how many hours into this and have 8/21 votes?

C'mon people.

@dyachei can we up the stakes and start voting to lynch two people at once? Some people need a kick in the rear.

It is actually a crazy concept to say "this person said something in a way I wouldn't, therefore it must be sketchy." It doesn't even make the least bit of sense.

Speaking of understanding posts properly... I specifically said that I *didnt* say you were acting sketchy.

I'd be surprised if Dy applied modkilling like that. She's more likely to apply it equally. I agree that it carries a higher stake for the wolves ... but Dyachei would probably say "Well, that's on them. All they have to do is participate if they want to avoid it." I doubt she'd lean towards only modkilling villagers.
That's not what I'm saying - I'm quite certain she would apply it equally. I'm talking about the players' actions, not the mod's. I think those players who are not keeping up enough to stay out of the danger zone are probably villagers, because I would think the wolves would be more worried about the possibility of being modkilled than a vanillager.

I didn't say your comment seemed sketchy, just a comment that it's harder for me to get used to your posts because they're different.

For reference. You're taking my comments pretty harshly when I haven't voiced loud suspicions of you, or voted to lynch you, and you're the one lynching me.

That's not what I'm saying - I'm quite certain she would apply it equally. I'm talking about the players' actions, not the mod's. I think those players who are not keeping up enough to stay out of the danger zone are probably villagers, because I would think the wolves would be more worried about the possibility of being modkilled than a vanillager.

I agree with this. Some of it could certainly come down to exactly how busy IRL they are and personal commitment to the game, but I would expect someone who got the role of a wolf to be a little more concerned about mod killing.

Speaking of understanding posts properly... I specifically said that I *didnt* say you were acting sketchy.

I realize that. But you're a) calling me suspicious, and b) specifically saying you don't agree with SOV's post, and c) saying that you can't wrap your head around my posting style because it's "different than you".

So the obvious conclusion is that you find me suspicious because I'm posting differently than you would.

I didn't see any OTHER reason you gave, anyway.

Ahhh. I gotcha. Fair 'nuff.

Not sure if I agree or disagree with that, but consider it clarified.

For reference. You're taking my comments pretty harshly when I haven't voiced loud suspicions of you, or voted to lynch you, and you're the one lynching me.

I'm not taking your comments any more harshly than I would any other comment. This is WW. Put your big girl panties / big boy boxers on.

Reactions: 1 users

"probably absolute bunk" is akin to a little bit pregnant.

You can't/shouldn't use such a strong expression and try lightening it with probably. It is either absolute bunk, or it is probably bunk. Can't be both ... only if we are going to nit pick :p..

I interpret that as a strong statement even on the re-read.

(as for the lazy... it isn't lazy when you are rushing off to work and don't have time to look up a post.. but ok. )

This makes no sense to me.
Actually because of that, i can see that LIS is probably not a wolf, based on my personal experience.

unlynch LIS

lynch WZ

on the usually wrong "mods substitute people in for wolves" but not vanillagers theory.

You can't/shouldn't use such a strong expression and try lightening it with probably. It is either absolute bunk, or it is probably bunk. Can't be both ... only if we are going to nit pick :p..

(as for the lazy... it isn't lazy when you are rushing off to work and don't have time to look up a post.. but ok. )
If you take the typical pregnant woman, who is usually only pregnant with one child, and compare her to me...well, I guess you could say she's a little bit pregnant ;)

Funny though, the lazy comment was from you. You said you were too lazy to go back and find the exact wording.
This makes no sense to me.
Actually because of that, i can see that LIS is probably not a wolf, based on my personal experience.

unlynch LIS

lynch WZ

on the usually wrong "mods substitute people in for wolves" but not vanillagers theory.
Sobsob
Did you forget that you are a sub too?

Reactions: 4 users
I realize that. But you're a) calling me suspicious, and b) specifically saying you don't agree with SOV's post, and c) saying that you can't wrap your head around my posting style because it's "different than you".

So the obvious conclusion is that you find me suspicious because I'm posting differently than you would.

I didn't see any OTHER reason you gave, anyway.

1) I'm not calling you suspicious. Saying you have a different posting style is not saying I'm suspicious.

2) I do disagree with SOVs summary without going back because it is easy to twist words when you don't get them right. I think either the actual post should be able to help the argument in some way, or it shouldn't be an argument point.

3) didn't say I can't wrap my head around your posts. It does take more *effort* to understand posts by people who have a different posting style.

Whether it's because I'm not writing it clear enough or because you're just misunderstanding my posts, you're drawing conclusions I didn't intend at all. I *do* have to pay more attention to your posts, but that doesn't mean I'm suspicious of you - it means your posts are harder for *me personally* to decipher. Because you post differently than I would, thus it's harder for me to relate.

I'm not taking your comments any more harshly than I would any other comment. This is WW. Put your big girl panties / big boy boxers on.

I didn't feel you were being harsh *at* me... I can play a game just fine. Lots of other players would get called on having a "strong reaction". Just another part of your unique posting style I guess!

:) One last last comment: I do agree that the DVMD might be sketchy. Whenever she is this nice to me, it always catches my attention. Should lean on her and quit letting her just skate by, too.

Ok. Peace out for real now.

"The DVMD" is that like THE Ohio state? ;)

Being serious now, we've both been fairly tame to each other, had this been 2-3 or more years ago, I'd agree we're both sketchy but over the last few years/games we really haven't argued a whole lot. So, while your saying what I was thinking this game was odd, I didn't find it that odd. If you feel it is sketchy, fair enough.

Now I'm going to dig my "nice" grave deeper because, I'm not seeing you as a wolf. You tend to be very defensive as a villager and much less so as a wolf. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

If you take the typical pregnant woman, who is usually only pregnant with one child, and compare her to me...well, I guess you could say she's a little bit pregnant ;)

Funny though, the lazy comment was from you. You said you were too lazy to go back and find the exact wording.
I know I said that, but I was (clearly ineffectively) trying to point out that it wasn't wolf laziness, just really didn't have time. I should be kinder to myself, and not call myself lazy when I am busy.

I am a good person.
http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/daily-affirmation/n10092

Reactions: 3 users
Kind of ..
except my guy asked to leave the game.

and someone was mod-killed.

Then you were subbed in, no?

maybe a bad point, but I ain't lynching myself, that's for sure, I am no wolf.
Yes, someone was subbed and someone else was modkilled, presumably because they both weren't keeping up with the game but there was only one person on the sub list. I guess if you're saying that because there were two people, if one of them was a wolf, then it was more likely that the wolf was subbed then...yeah, sure, maybe. Sounds a little less ridiculous if you put it that way ;)

Um. You called it lazy.....

You're kinda using 1dog's argument of "I wouldn't write it that way, therefore."..... You may not 'like' my wording, but I think it was pretty clear that I felt "strongly" that your theory was wrong, but threw in "probably" to make it clear that I didn't know your theory was wrong.

I mean, really? You want to argue over this of all things? You KNOW what I meant. You're just being dickish about the wording.

"The DVMD" is that like THE Ohio state? ;)

Being serious now, we've both been fairly tame to each other, had this been 2-3 or more years ago, I'd agree we're both sketchy but over the last few years/games we really haven't argued a whole lot. So, while your saying what I was thinking this game was odd, I didn't find it that odd. If you feel it is sketchy, fair enough.

Now I'm going to dig my "nice" grave deeper because, I'm not seeing you as a wolf. You tend to be very defensive as a villager and much less so as a wolf. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

OMG. I didn't even realize I wrote "The DVMD"..... but I think it has to stick. I kinda like it.

To be fair, I get nervous when SOV, you, Dyachei, or a handful of others agree with me. It isn't just you.

Kind of ..
except my guy asked to leave the game.

and someone was mod-killed.

Then you were subbed in, no?

maybe a bad point, but I ain't lynching myself, that's for sure, I am no wolf.
I can't really see Dy doing this as much as some other mods, but I guess it's possible. Also, possible suggestion since Sandy was killed N1 and Kaydubs may need a sub, I know other mods have allowed people who were killed N1 to sub in for someone later in the game since they may still be following the game and they didn't have time to gain any role related info (even though she was vanillager).

Um. You called it lazy.....

You're kinda using 1dog's argument of "I wouldn't write it that way, therefore."..... You may not 'like' my wording, but I think it was pretty clear that I felt "strongly" that your theory was wrong, but threw in "probably" to make it clear that I didn't know your theory was wrong.

I mean, really? You want to argue over this of all things? You KNOW what I meant. You're just being dickish about the wording.
I've moved on from this point, but if you DO want to argue I will. :rolleyes:

Wasn't clear to me. You were still talking about it, so I figured it was fair game. Maybe next time you could make it clear that you're moving on?

Yanno, since the whole point is nitpicking? Just sayin'.

(We need more good arguments in this thread.)

f58d2f12-921a-4bc8-829a-e217c7f7a773.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
I can't really see Dy doing this as much as some other mods, but I guess it's possible. Also, possible suggestion since Sandy was killed N1 and Kaydubs may need a sub, I know other mods have allowed people who were killed N1 to sub in for someone later in the game since they may still be following the game and they didn't have time to gain any role related info (even though she was vanillager).
OT: but I don't like that as a mod except in rare circumstances.
You know more as a dead person that other players, because you know the info you took to the grave.
I guess if you were vanilla that makes it slightly easier, but otherwise... no. So i guess possible this game.

(for the record, I believe I did that once and it was rare circumstances)