Back to the Basics? WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SummerTheLynx

The Bioinformatics DVM student
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
“Hello and welcome all to the results of this year’s mayor elections.” STL’s voice could be heard booming throughout Times Square. His face, with a devilish grin present, could be seen clearly on the oversized screen. “It was a hard fought campaign for all involved, and came down to just a difference in 1 vote!” The crowd seems awestruck that it was such a close election.

“Do all of you lovely citizens of the BEST city in the world want to hear who your new mayor is? The mayor who will serve from…” STL is shouting now, as the roar of the crowd became both immense and drowning.

“Before I tell you,” a communal groan is let out by the crowd, “I should probably remind you WHY this election is so important. Why this election will change the entire course of this great city’s fate. The newly elected mayor will be….

Before he could finish his statement, one of STL’s closest attendants, @sand_cat, interjects. “Just tell them who the mayor is already! Everyone knows why this election is so important. Don’t make them wait any longer!”

The crowd is now going crazy again. A chant of tell us can be barely heard under the rumble. “Okay, your new mayor is…” STL takes a dramatic pause, one that quite honestly wasn’t needed at this point. “DVMDream!”

A fair mix of cheers and boos now filled Times Square. @DVMDream walks up to the stage, a triumphant grin on her face. STL hands the microphone to her. “Thank you everyone. I feel both honored and grateful to stand before you today as the NEW mayor of New York City. I must say that my opponent…” The microphone cuts out for a second. “…a valiant effort, but…” The microphone cuts out once again.

The audio comes back in, but this time it is a man’s voice that can be heard. “Citizens of New York City.” The man clears his throat while the crowd is left whispering. “It has come to my attention that your new mayor, the wonderful woman that she is, is in possession of a list currently. This list contains the names of every member of my… family. I don’t take kindly to people messing with my family.”

The crowd falls silent. A couple of awkward laughs can be perceived from the crowd, for those few people that think this is a joke. DVMDream eyes start investigating the audio output. She notices a weird cable coming from it, which leads to Sand_Cats seat. She starts walking towards Sand_Cat.

“You are a very perceptive person, DVMDream, but unfortunately, your list is not as comprehensive as you once thought.” DVMDream, rears around to face the crowd. “That’s right, did you know that I have a very crafty and cunning… daughter? Her name? Well, I am sure you can deduce that now.”

DVMDream feels a metal object pressed against her back now. She tries to flip around, but the shooter, Sand_Cat, was too quick for her. DVMDream, the current mayor, is dead, who knew the names of all of the family.

Sand_Cat grabs the list from DVMDream’s pocket and passes it to a cloaked figure that appeared on stage. STL tries to tackle the cloaked figure, but is met with an elbow to his face, courtesy of Sand_Cat. STL groans out, “How could you?” as the cloaked figure disappears into the crowd.

Sand_Cat looks into his eyes, and says, “It’s nothing personal, but family is family.” With that, a bullet was shot right into the center of his forehead, and STL, the celebrity announcer, was killed, who could have gotten any crowd to do his will.

Sand_Cat starts walking calmly through the running and screaming crowd, until *THUD* all of a sudden she is face down on the cement. Her eyes are blurry, and she can barely make out a person in all black right in front of her. She hears a man speaking calmly “You took what is mine, and now you must pay.”

“What do you mean?” she mutters. “If you lay another finger on me, you will face the wrath of…” Before she could finish the sentence, she hears a click and sees a reflective surface. Dead is Sand_cat, the mafia hitman, who could kill any target without failure. Too bad her killer was not her target that day.

The audio cuts back in. “Blood within the family has been spilled. Now ALL of you shall pay. Every LAST citizen of New York City.” With that, the audio goes completely silent.

A few brave souls who didn’t run remain at the stage. Escalla, who is sitting on the stage, dejectedly points out, “We don’t even have a mayor anymore, how can we expect to go up against them without some leadership.”

Epivetlove responds, “Well, it would only make sense that we elect a new mayor.”

Dyachei, Wildzoo, and Allie all nod their head in approval. Everyone knows it’s the right thing to do.

98cats pipes up, “So, who do we want to vote for?”

There are 26 people remaining in the game:
Brooklyn
1. @dyachei
2. @LetItSnow
3. @kaydubs
4. @devyn
5. @thedrjojo

Bronx
1. @Escalla
2. @Chillbo Baggins
3. @WildZoo
4. @hedgiehog
5. @Mad Jack

Queens
1. @Gwenevre
2. @swingnsave
3. @allieh8607
4. @Cyndia
5. @equineconstant
6. @MDreamaker

Manhattan

1. @epivetlove
2. @magbags
3. @wolfspeaker
4. @SV88
5. @BlackBox

Staten Island

1. @JaynaAli
2. @UFprevet12
3. @VetAshley2117
4. @98cats
5. @Jamr0ckin
Okay, so just a few ground rules as usual:

-No direct quotes from pms.

-Please only pm people within your group, and adjust the group chats to reflect the current groups as the game progresses.

-Remember, everyone is on your honor, please no cheating of any sort.

-Please do not ever edit a post!

-No need to change avatars, I want you to do you this game!

-No strategizing when dead!

-No releasing of night results PRIOR to the write up that night.

-Please be active in this game, this game will require a fair amount of activity from the vast majority of you. I have no qualms about replacing you if you are truly inactive.

-I will try and close things early if possible, and keep the game moving. As a result, if you know you won’t be back on for awhile, PLEASE send in contingencies.

The day deadline, for the mayor election, will be tentatively 11 pm est tonight. If there is not a ton of activity before then, we will end later. If there is an early consensus reached, I may end early.

Edit: ***********Two things to note about my philosophy on modding. One, I will put small clues in the write ups, so be sure to be looking for those. Two, I encourage everyone to think outside of the box, I am one of those people that values the effort of doing so****************

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
****elect swings**** because it's my 21st and I'll make SDN proud tonight ;)

Reactions: 4 users
****elect swings**** because it's my 21st and I'll make SDN proud tonight ;)
152f491.jpg

You will clearly be too inebriated for the next several days to make wise choices. ;)

Reactions: 2 users
elect 98cats because I've never done it before and I think it could be fun to start now.

elect 98cats because I feel like Karma owes her for the beating she's received in both noob games lol. I'm declaring 98cats the official Bacon Party candidate of this election.
ron_swanson_likes_bacon_by_optimiss-d3ey4dg.png

Reactions: 1 users
******elect 98cats******

She's gotten the short end of the stick lately with games!

Reactions: 1 user
Elect swings. I agree ^^, happy birthday! I can't think of any other reasons to elect anyone else

******elect 98cats******

She's gotten the short end of the stick lately with games!
She's the hero Gotham deserves. Seriously, she read over 2,000 posts only to die before she completed a single action. That's the sort of dedication I want in a mayor.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
She's the hero Gotham deserves. Seriously, she read over 2,000 posts only to die before she completed a single action. That's the sort of dedication I want in a mayor.
She's the hero Gotham deserves? Ok. BUT NOT THE ONE IT NEEDS RIGHT NOW.

Plus, we're in New York, so she's way out of her league.

Mad Jack is the best campaign manager.

She's the hero Gotham deserves? Ok. BUT NOT THE ONE IT NEEDS RIGHT NOW.

Plus, we're in New York, so she's way out of her league.
She's also new enough that we can read her better than an experienced player. If she's a wolf, we'll be able to tell a whole lot better than an experienced candidate. I've never played with you before, but word on the street is you're pretty sneaky. Going with the devil I know.

Greetings from the afterlife! Sorry I had to duck out of the beginner game--life threw and continues to throw too many complexities into my life for me to be able to play WW. STL has decided to both moderate this and play in the crazy, mission-based Humans vs Zombies game I'm moderating IRL (you can do things IRL with people?! It's news to me, too!) So if his messages becoming increasingly cracked up, I imagine it's due to lack of sleep.
Have fun!
Also, have I mentioned he incorporates WW elements into games of mafia we play with friends now? Oh, STL.

She's also new enough that we can read her better than an experienced player. If she's a wolf, we'll be able to tell a whole lot better than an experienced candidate. I've never played with you before, but word on the street is you're pretty sneaky. Going with the devil I know.
If I was a wolf, I wouldn't run for mayor.

Greetings from the afterlife! Sorry I had to duck out of the beginner game--life threw and continues to throw too many complexities into my life for me to be able to play WW. STL has decided to both moderate this and play in the crazy, mission-based Humans vs Zombies game I'm moderating IRL (you can do things IRL with people?! It's news to me, too!) So if his messages becoming increasingly cracked up, I imagine it's due to lack of sleep.
Have fun!
Also, have I mentioned he incorporates WW elements into games of mafia we play with friends now? Oh, STL.

We played Mafia on my undergrad campus! It was so much fun.

Hmmm, I can get on board with elect swings

Elect SV88 because I'm awesome with potential to be legen- wait for it -dary.

elect swings

Happy birfday

In reference to your icon...Don't you mean legen-wait for it -dairy?

I feel like I might pop in from time to time as your punfriendly ghost

In reference to your icon...Don't you mean legen-wait for it -dairy?

I feel like I might pop in from time to time as your punfriendly ghost
Gotta change it from the previous cow game! I do like cows though.

this will not do at all.

we need a veteran to be the mayor. Look how well i just did in the resistance game leading you all!

Elect Rojo!

If I was a wolf, I wouldn't run for mayor.
Unless you were unseerable, I guess, but what's the chances of that. Might waffle to some Chillbo if it comes down to CB vs swings. It's not that I have a thing against birthdays, I just don't feel it's the best way to elect a mayor.

Unless you were unseerable, I guess, but what's the chances of that. Might waffle to some Chillbo if it comes down to CB vs swings. It's not that I have a thing against birthdays, I just don't feel it's the best way to elect a mayor.
neither is electing a noob. Chillbo and 98 Cats are noobs.

i've forgotten about more WW games then either of them have played

Is there really a "best way" to elect a mayor? Kind of a crap shoot either way

Dues need to be paid first before one is to be afforded the privilege of being elected mayor! (I feel old saying this, but it's true)

***elect swings***

Last edited:

I would hardly consider Chilly a noob anymore...he's been around long enough to have played in some games and mod 2 so....at what point is one not a noob anymore?

I'm actually not. It was a failed subliminal message to get you to vote for me.
I'm above subliminal messaging.

Plus, I'm gonna stick with Team SV88 for Mayor because I could rock it. Have a pineapple.

pineapple-01.jpg

You make a good point. And you did win a game I thought was unwinable. Un-elect 98cats, elect rojo. On the upside, not being mayor would pull 98cats out of the line of fire, which hopefully will keep her alive long enough to experience more than a day of WW.

I would hardly consider Chilly a noob anymore...he's been around long enough to have played in some games and mod 2 so....at what point is one not a noob anymore?

I think it's until you're at the top of the food chain.

and until the originals leave the nest, that will be a long time.

hehehehe. that should be the new name. originals. ;)

I'd like to see a veteran in the mayor seat. **elect rojo**

I agree. A veteran mayor is a good idea and I'm impressed by how you played in resistance. ****elect rojo****

I'm liking the idea of a veteran in the mayoral seat. Plus I want 98 to get more game time.

Elect Rojo