Back to the Basics? WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh how the mighty have fallen......irony shenanigans?
it was quite a bad night for me indeed. Karma has been kicking my ass in the past 24 hours... i think its because I neglected to feed my cat lunch yesterday

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
that would do it.
when i got home yesterday, he was staring at me as if to say "I see my telekinesis failed because you are suppose to be dead"...

heaven forbid he doesn't get his noon food (we have him on essentially a bariatric diet... 4 small meals at 6, noon, 6, and midnight...)

Members don't see this ad :)
when i got home yesterday, he was staring at me as if to say "I see my telekinesis failed because you are suppose to be dead"...

heaven forbid he doesn't get his noon food (we have him on essentially a bariatric diet... 4 small meals at 6, noon, 6, and midnight...)
I guess to be fair, he tends to look at me like that most days when i get home, and when i wake up, and when we are sitting around, and most any other time he is looking at me.

This game is dead without me :( Someone revive me, i promise to come back as a villager...

I guess to be fair, he tends to look at me like that most days when i get home, and when i wake up, and when we are sitting around, and most any other time he is looking at me.

This game is dead without me :( Someone revive me, i promise to come back as a villager...
lies. all lies.

I'm pre-occupied but at least I voted.

bulkingnao.jpg

Your cat's just pissed cause you're screwing up his routine.

Reactions: 2 users
Sorry for being MIA, I just got home for spring break. Going to scour the edited writeups for clues before voting.

At this point I think lynch 98cats is the best option. Didn't really get anything new from the writeups.

*********official "lunch" tally*********
Cats - 4 votes (Allieh, dyachei, jam, EC)

4/5 votes in.

@98cats you are on the chopping block, defend yourself or suffer the fate handed to you by this city!

Oh. Yeah. I was the senior stock broker who could avoid one wolf killing by bribing with my briefcase full of money. I'm pretty sure it was me the other night who almost got killed but didn't because of the briefcase. I'm not 100% because the name wasn't mentioned. But I'm pretty sure it was me. So that was only a few nights ago, so I think its rather unlikely I was converted in that short time. You might think I have. But villagers will be even closer to losing if you lynch me. I promise you that. I trusted rojo with my role, which apparently was a mistake. But its not weird to think I trusted him. So did others. Anyway. That's all I've got.

Anyway. ****lynch Allie****

Oh. Yeah. I was the senior stock broker who could avoid one wolf killing by bribing with my briefcase full of money. I'm pretty sure it was me the other night who almost got killed but didn't because of the briefcase. I'm not 100% because the name wasn't mentioned. But I'm pretty sure it was me. So that was only a few nights ago, so I think its rather unlikely I was converted in that short time. You might think I have. But villagers will be even closer to losing if you lynch me. I promise you that. I trusted rojo with my role, which apparently was a mistake. But its not weird to think I trusted him. So did others. Anyway. That's all I've got.

Anyway. ****lynch Allie****
"Was"? Past tense? o_O

Also, why Allie?

"Was"? Past tense? o_O

Also, why Allie?

Sorry. No I AM. I was thinking about how I don't have the briefcase protection anymore and how that was past tense.

Allie because I honestly have no idea about anyone. And she was slightly suspicious a couple lynches ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
:whistle:jellicle cats come out tonight...jellicles come to the jellicle ball

I shall close this out when I get back from dinner, meaning you have around an hour more to argue your case 98cats. I will push deadline back by half an hour, but that's all you get. Aka 1 hour to deadline.

Whatevs. Whichever villagers are left will regret this.

The 5 remaining people all stood there awaiting for someone to go to the box, to read who they decided to kill. Eventually, 98cats walks over to read them out loud. "98cats, 98cats, 98cats, 98cats - 1 life... Hey, not cool.... And allieh. So that's 4 votes me, 1 vote allieh."

"So it is. You will need to die now..." Dyachei says this solemnly, looking sadly off into the distance.

"Why? Why do I need to die? Who do you even think I am?"

"A mafia member of course... The family can't be done, there are still killings going on in this city..." Jam states carefully.

"Maybe you guys haven't been paying attention fully... It's not a matter of the family vs. not family. Instead.... It's a matter of those who can kill, who feel no repent in killing fellow members of this city vs. those that just aren't able to do it. What you don't understand is that I am not this person... I could never kill... Not once. Not after being shot at."

"We get it. You are claiming the stock broker, the person who lost money instead of being killed." Allieh responds in a very skeptical manner.

"I swear on my life... I am not a killer. I just want to find the person trying to kill us just as much as you all do."

"Sooo... I think we need to do less talking and more lynching..." EC has clearly grown impatient. "I am sorry 98cats..."

With that, he was about to pull out his gun, when he noticed the knife planted in her heart. "Who did that!" He thought. Regardless of who, what is clear is that *********dead is 98cats, the senior stock broker, who could avoid one wolf attack with her suitcase full of money.***** also the butterfly knife has been lost from the game, who would injure a player who attacked the person with the item, which could be observed on the person while being tracked.

There are 4 players remaining in the game. Night deadline is when all of the pms are in...
S

Last edited:
This night starts out with everyone completely confused, talking with each other.

"What do you think the senior stockbroker meant? What does he mean people that can kill vs. people that can't?" Says allieh, with fear clearly audible in her tone.

"I think it's pretty obvious." Responds dyachei. "The man in black is not who we thought he was. Maybe he is not here protecting us from the family. Maybe he is just eradicating everyone in this city."

"I don't believe that." Responds EC. "Think of all the people he had killed. He has killed pretty much all of the mafia for us. He is our protector! He has been our beacon of hope. Without him, we would all be dead right now, and you guys know that just as well as I do!"

"EC, answer me this. Mafia are no longer running the streets. There are no mafia people left. Instead, everywhere is just vacant. Completely and totally vacant. Don't believe me. Go into any house that is not one of our houses anywhere. Everyone is dead. Every last one of our friends and family are dead. It wasn't all the mafia neither. Don't let what you want to be the case confuse yourself with what is actually the case..." Jam seems clearly disheartened by what is coming out of her mouth.

"So, what do we do?" Asks allieh. "Do we just await our imminent doom? We can't just lay down and die!"

"No, tomorrow morning, we find the killer. We know it is one of us. One of the four people here is the killer, there is no doubt in my mind about that. So, we lynch someone in the morning and we hope for the best..." Dyachei seems both motivated and saddened at the same time.

"Okay, so then, until tomorrow?" Says EC uneasily.

"Until tomorrow." Responds Jam softly.

Everyone heads back to their respective homes. EC is originally very skeptical when he (EC's character is male) receives a knock at the door. He looks through the keyhole and sees one of the four people from earlier, but no "man in black" costume.

He opens the door, smiling, clearly happy to see this person. "Hey, what brings you over here?"

The person responds with a worried expression on his face, "We need to talk, can you talk to me for a few minutes?"

"Of course I can. Sit down on the couch over here." He motions his hand towards the couch. "What's bothering you?"

"Haha isn't that a bit of a loaded question. We are all being bothered right now. Or we should at least be bothered right now."

"Why is that?" At this point it seems like EC is just playing coy.

"Well... This city is filled with a bunch of terrible people. Or maybe was filled with a bunch of terrible people. Now it's just filled with a couple of bad people..." Her words trail off. "But you. You are one of the good ones. I both respected and admired your form of vigilante justice before. You understand me. You understand that sometimes an average person should take it upon themselves to fix this city up when the people in power are less inclined to do so. And hence, with your help, I did. Now I ask you to join me. The other two people left, they are both morally unsound people. They don't deserve to live. Help me take them both out."

At this point, EC's mouth is agape, and his thoughts are running wild. "How could it be this person that is the greatest evil to the city right now? How is he going to stop this person?" He remembers the gun in his back pocket, and starts to slowly extend his hand to his back pocket.

"But they haven't committed a terrible enough crime to be killed, have they?"

"EC, you are either with me, or against me, which one is it?" The person spins a gun out to face EC.

"Well... I guess, I am against you then." EC bolts upwards grabbing the gun out of his back pocket. He dives to the side as 3 shots graze right past him, one of which clipped his ear.

"That was the wrong choice." Says the man in black calmly. "I guess I will deal with you a different night." At this point he fires two rounds towards EC and bolts out the door.

"Well that was too easy." EC thinks to himself.

Maybe EC was too wrapped up in his own thoughts to hear the beeping. Maybe the gun shot to the ear impaired his hearing. In any event, he was still sitting on the floor, back against the couch, when the explosives went off. ******dead is EC, the retired cop, an unconvertible villager who took up the detectives position when the detective passed away, and was thus the last villager seer*******

There are 3 players remaining in the game.

Last edited:
Also two options. I can do my video for this which will entail me doing it at 2 am tonight, the time I get back from the conference. Or I can post it earlier with a long word write up. I am leaving that up to the 3 remaining players in the game. Either way, deadline is set for 11 pm est.

I had the neighborhood watch badge last night.

Dyachei was seen coming home late and putting her gun away.
lynch dyachei :xf:

More recently than LAST NIGHT? I don't think so.
Well, it would be hard for me to do anything with a gun because I haven't had one at any point throughout the game. She followed me very recently and saw my role so I hope she knows that I wouldn't have been converted that quickly (or the game would have ended before last night). Your argument makes little sense.

Well, it would be hard for me to do anything with a gun because I haven't had one at any point throughout the game. She followed me very recently and saw my role so I hope she knows that I wouldn't have been converted that quickly (or the game would have ended before last night). Your argument makes little sense.
Is following/tracking part of her role or was she using the neighborhood watch badge? Because I've had the badge the past two nights...that's plenty of time for you to be converted.

Is following/tracking part of her role or was she using the neighborhood watch badge? Because I've had the badge the past two nights...that's plenty of time for you to be converted.
really? You think there was a conversion 3 nights ago? Look, I'm giving you an A for effort but we both know this is a ploy.

Stephen-Colbert-Popcorn.gif

Reactions: 1 users
really? You think there was a conversion 3 nights ago? Look, I'm giving you an A for effort but we both know this is a ploy.
I don't know why you think that's out of the question. I do know though that you'd make an excellent conversion target after handing a wolf up on a silver platter.

The dead on this page are making me want popcorn.:corny:
These end-of-game battles are so much more fun to watch as a non-participating person.

Reactions: 1 users
As an aside, when I rolled for roles originally, LIS was the godfather. I unfortunately couldn't leave it due to something (well two things) that I will mention after the game ends, but he was wolfing it up originally.

What evidence do you have that I'm a wolf? I have a PM straight from the mod that it's you.