Back to the Basics? WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ITEMS

A pistol with 1 bullet: This item allows you to take a shot at one other player in the game. Be careful, you only get one shot, but you only have a 1 in 6 shot of it actually firing. (this was the three attack night with MD being attacked while having the bulletproof vest. Mafia got super lucky with RNG that it worked, but not lucky that she had the Bulletproof vest).

Drugs: This item is a mixed bag of illegal drugs that you can give to someone to incapacitate them for the night. Be careful not to overdose the person. (overdose chances: 25%, 50% 75%, 100% (if healed then) 50%, 100% 100% 100%. LIS loved the drugs this game lol.... He got really lucky the first couple of times too)

The I Love NY t-shirt: You see tourists on with this all the time. Wonder if this can be of any use to you. Would have given a 10% chance of avoiding attack for anyone but the tourist, but a 90% chance of surviving for the tourist. Also, creative uses were welcome. 98cats destroyed the shirt by ripping it up the night she had it.

Bulletproof vest: Try it on or give it to a friend. I am sure you will feel quite invulnerable with this on.

You have received an unlimited supply of appletinis. Enjoy the drunkenness that shall last you all through tonight and all through tomorrow during the day. For the entire cycle, you must post as if you are completely drunk, including lynch votes!

Butterfly knife – Although not the most lethal of weapons, this will allow you to injure anyone who tries to kill you at night.(20% chance of surviving being killed, 90% chance of injuring attacker such that if their killer is tracked, the injury will appear to the tracker (regardless of if they are killing that night)

Neighborhood Watch badge – As the new head of the neighborhood watch, it is your job to investigate people that are suspicious. Choose a person to investigate, and follow them throughout the night.

A thin wire. This seems useful…. Maybe…. Would you like to do anything with your wire? (For this one, I would have accepted pretty much any creative use for it.)

LIS - I had to reshuffle as it was a repeat of SDN. You were "alpha wolf", dyachei was blocker, devyn was protector, kaydubs was one of the seers. That's one reason. The other is one person requested a not important role as they had a lot going on, so I obliged, but the first RNG gave her the protege, so that wasn't going to work....

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Allie, if you hadn't tried your gamble at the end, it would have been a lot harder choice for me :p

I realized that pretty quickly and put my foot in my mouth lol I should have waited for you to say something, and then maybe tried pinning it on jam instead.

1. The Private Investigator – You are the private investigator and can seer a person to determine what their role does (but not their role name nor their affiliation).

Exception: Unable to seer role of protégé accurately, will only see ability to communicate with mentor until the killer is killed. (yes Chillbo, feel free to ask sobsob but this was in the rules many drafts before the game started)

:eek: I was soooo confused when Chillbo posted that I was clean. I figured it was because he learned that I could kill and wanted me to keep knocking off villagers for the wolves but this explains that!

Thank you STL for modding this :) probably my favorite game that I've played so far. Cyndia gave me (premature) wolfy vibes so that's why I killed her but rojo and swings were truly complete guesses...I just got lucky. Felt like I was just one step ahead for most of the game. Would have been nice to see more of the skeleton army game mechanic. Glad you guys liked the video! I kept telling myself you would all think it was stupid.

This was a ton of fun, I actually enjoyed the complexity for it being my first WW game. Great job STL =)

Yay villagers! That was a fun game. Thanks STL, you did great!

So that's how my role worked...very interesting! I'd used it on MadJack N2 but thought I was looking for wolves with it not the chaos people so when it said MJ wasn't a wolf I didn't put much more thought into it except that was a strange result. In conversations with Rojo we figured I had to have purpose, but we just couldn't figure out what that purpose really was.d

Thanks for modding this, STL. It was lots of fun!

I had fun, and I am bummed I actually didn't use my ability, but I was scared.

Wow, this was definitely the most complicated "basics" game ever (as I've said about 3 times already. But it keeps being more and more true!). Really cool game design, STL!

And I should have been more suspicious of allie when it seemed like she had communication outside of the group, but she was so on with who she was suspicious of as mafia and it never occurred to me there would be a THIRD chaos player. But villagers won, so w/e. :p:)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
wow great game STL! I had so much fun and well played allie… lucky you for killing me :p
if allie had been dead I'm pretty sure the villagers would've gone down haha

I was disappointed I was converted so late, I literally had 1 night of wolfing and then killed by allieh... Although the multiple betrayed reactions was almost worth it... But I wanted the noobs to actually be betrayed if I betrayed them.

And boo wolves randomly killing vet ash and preventing my plan for Staten Island to take over the world. And when I was a villager and posting that chillbo/allieh were my big unknowns, I was 100% correct, so it's good to know I still gots it.

Interesting game STL, thanks for running it... It definitely worked out that mad jack/allieh were a second wolf group and not in fact chaos, but we are talking semantics and we have had games with multiple wolf packs before. Not a bad first effort.

I was disappointed I was converted so late, I literally had 1 night of wolfing and then killed by allieh... Although the multiple betrayed reactions was almost worth it... But I wanted the noobs to actually be betrayed if I betrayed them.

And boo wolves randomly killing vet ash and preventing my plan for Staten Island to take over the world. And when I was a villager and posting that chillbo/allieh were my big unknowns, I was 100% correct, so it's good to know I still gots it.

Interesting game STL, thanks for running it... It definitely worked out that mad jack/allieh were a second wolf group and not in fact chaos, but we are talking semantics and we have had games with multiple wolf packs before. Not a bad first effort.
Explain please. I am curious and desire education. :bookworm:

Mad jack and allieh were just night time killers... That's wolf.

Chaos does some other things usually to cause chaos... :shrug:
Ah, like the skeleton army thing would have been if BlackBox hadn't been killed so early. I see, I see.

Great job, STL. I think you really showed some creativity here....

I really liked my homeless role. Having to figure out results is a lot of fun. Though when I visited Chillbo and he PMd me with my role I about had a heart attack thinking visiting people outed everything...glad that wasn't the case....

It would have been more fun to visit more people (died on my second available night), but info needed to be outed...

Thanks! I had fun!

And thanks to the Director too. That seemed like a fun role to play with as well.

Thank you! And agreed, I had each of the things typed up for each of the roles if you want to see what you would have found :p.

Thanks, STL. Hope everything is okay!
There's a whole lot that is actually not okay, I have never been in a situation like this before, and I don't really know how to be there for this close friend, but I am trying....

I realized that pretty quickly and put my foot in my mouth lol I should have waited for you to say something, and then maybe tried pinning it on jam instead.

:eek: I was soooo confused when Chillbo posted that I was clean. I figured it was because he learned that I could kill and wanted me to keep knocking off villagers for the wolves but this explains that!

Thank you STL for modding this :) probably my favorite game that I've played so far. Cyndia gave me (premature) wolfy vibes so that's why I killed her but rojo and swings were truly complete guesses...I just got lucky. Felt like I was just one step ahead for most of the game. Would have been nice to see more of the skeleton army game mechanic. Glad you guys liked the video! I kept telling myself you would all think it was stupid.
Yeah, I wasn't sure which way you would play it once you saw that dyachei protected Jam the night before. I thought that was a good effort though. and thank you! :) And the video was awesome, told you not to be bashful about it!

Curiosity question @SummerTheLynx
If I had contingency resurrected myself, would I have come back as the tourist?

Yup!

So that's how my role worked...very interesting! I'd used it on MadJack N2 but thought I was looking for wolves with it not the chaos people so when it said MJ wasn't a wolf I didn't put much more thought into it except that was a strange result. In conversations with Rojo we figured I had to have purpose, but we just couldn't figure out what that purpose really was.d

Thanks for modding this, STL. It was lots of fun!

Well, you actually were the most accurate seer. You were the only one that could seer swings and 1 of 2 that could seer allieh. It was just difficult for you to recognize any mafia that you checked early on (not so much later on).

Wow, this was definitely the most complicated "basics" game ever (as I've said about 3 times already. But it keeps being more and more true!). Really cool game design, STL!

And I should have been more suspicious of allie when it seemed like she had communication outside of the group, but she was so on with who she was suspicious of as mafia and it never occurred to me there would be a THIRD chaos player. But villagers won, so w/e. :p:)

Haha, that is why the question mark was there! My goal was to do very basic role names, but make the actual roles a fair bit more complicated! And yeah, I felt like the third chaos was a nice little add in :).

Mod can confirm that rojo was spot on :p. And thank you. And I was debating calling them that, but decided not to as the two of them had win conditions that opposed each other. As in, only one of the two could have ever won. So I went with the term chaos for lack of a better term. But I will keep that in mind for last time! And thank you!

Thank you! And agreed, I had each of the things typed up for each of the roles if you want to see what you would have found :p.

There's a whole lot that is actually not okay, I have never been in a situation like this before, and I don't really know how to be there for this close friend, but I am trying....

Yeah, I wasn't sure which way you would play it once you saw that dyachei protected Jam the night before. I thought that was a good effort though. and thank you! :) And the video was awesome, told you not to be bashful about it!

Yup!

Well, you actually were the most accurate seer. You were the only one that could seer swings and 1 of 2 that could seer allieh. It was just difficult for you to recognize any mafia that you checked early on (not so much later on).

Haha, that is why the question mark was there! My goal was to do very basic role names, but make the actual roles a fair bit more complicated! And yeah, I felt like the third chaos was a nice little add in :).

Mod can confirm that rojo was spot on :p. And thank you. And I was debating calling them that, but decided not to as the two of them had win conditions that opposed each other. As in, only one of the two could have ever won. So I went with the term chaos for lack of a better term. But I will keep that in mind for last time! And thank you!
Wishing you the best STL. And great game, it was awesome!

Cyndia gave me (premature) wolfy vibes so that's why I killed her

Lololol, that was insanely bad luck on my part. I was actually villager and completely honest about everything I said to you the entire game. Copying saya just converted me the night you killed me... I thought I was being so clever by copying a lynch avoidance and coming up with a potential alibi if Chillbo checked me that night (claiming a false seering since I'd copied a wolf), so much for that! :rolleyes:

That was an intense game. Still wish I could have raised my army, but I probably wouldn't have been able to get any work done while I was still alive!

Thanks for the game, STL!

My first WW game ever! Haha thanks for the experience. Was super complex for sure. I must say though, my role had to be the most useless role in the group haha!

Great job on the creativity !