1. Check out PREMED.me!
    Offers FREE service to help premeds manage their applications and MCAT study calendars and identify schools to target.

bad aamc test score

Discussion in 'Kaplan MCAT Forum' started by batt, Apr 6, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. batt

batt

SDN 2+ Year Member
    In the past 2 months, I've taken 2 Kaplan FLs and received a score of 23 and 26. Today I took my first AAMC practice test which I received a womping 20 :scared: . Everyone I've talked to says the AAMC tests are easier than the Kaplan FL's, but while taking the test, aside from the verbal section, I felt really uncomfortable with most of the science questions. What should I do? I've been studying mostly out of the review books and quizzes given. Occasionally I take a practice quiz from the Q bank, but I did much worse on my AAMC than any of those.

My proposed test date is in the next month or 2. Please give me some direction.
  2. Erek94

Erek94

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Schedule for a later date, you're not ready. Take more FL tests and learn from them. Also, always do the practice questions under timed conditions. Good luck.
  3. KaplanPatrick

KaplanPatrick Elite Kaplan Instructor Exhibitor

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    SDN Sponsor SDN Exhibitor SDN 2+ Year Member
    batt,
    This is a common trend among Kaplan MCAT students. You really need to make sure you can allocate enough time to take 7-10 FLs. You should be averaging on those tests where you want to score on test day!

Also have you taken our Topical Tests, Section Tests yet? Many students find reading review notes very comfortable but you need to be sure to take as many practice passages as possible! When is your test date? Have you taken a Kaplan class?