Bad CCS experience and still pass?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odradek

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took Step 3 a few weeks ago and have a dreadful feeling about it. I think I probably knew 35-40% of the multiple choice for sure and was narrowing down the rest down to 2 choices or so...so even with guessing and all, I could potentially have a 60-70% on the multiple choice. But the problem is this: I had a nightmarish CCS experience. None of the cases ended early and I know that they're normally supposed to end early if you do the right thing. I totally screwed up a PEDS case and I messed up about half of another case. So that's 1.5 cases that I bombed. Then the remaining cases, I think I did the critical steps, but not sure if they were in the right sequence etc. I ordered a thoracentesis on one patient who probably didn't need it, and I wasn't sure about location management in a few...also, I always ran out of time before being to arrange follow up. IN NO CASE WAS I ASKED TO WRITE A DIAGNOSIS...WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? AM I JUST COMPLETELY SCREWED...SO FAR FROM THE RIGHT PROCESS THAT THEY DIDN'T EVEN ASK ME THE DIAGNOSIS?

Basically, I'm concerned I won't pass. Can anyone tell me about their CCS experience and whether they passed? Did anyone have a bad CCS experience and still pass?

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.